Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 11:15 AM

712 posts, read 1,366,324 times

Advertisements

It is normal for people to be racist. Do you want to know why? Because life has important balances that are always respected. It is a balance of extremes. for example, you won't know ever know what cold is, unless you tolerated heat. Once you have felt both, only then will you know the difference and have a preference.

Another one for example is "good vs bad". You will never know that something is "good" unless you ever experienced something "bad" for you to compare with.

But even with those crude examples, there are many subtle extremes.

These many subtle extremes are what racism is all about. So the truth is that many of us dislike/hate certain races because they look/behave/smell/think different from our own race.

Racism and all of the other "bad" things in life will never ever end or change. There is nothing you can do about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 11:19 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
It is normal for people to be racist. Do you want to know why? Because life has important balances that are always respected. It is a balance of extremes. for example, you won't know ever know what cold is, unless you tolerated heat. Once you have felt both, only then will you know the difference and have a preference.

Another one for example is "good vs bad". You will never know that something is "good" unless you ever experienced something "bad" for you to compare with.

These many subtle extremes are what racism is all about. So the truth is that many of us dislike/hate certain races because they look/behave/smell/think different from our own race.

Racism and all of the other "bad" things in life will never ever end or change. There is nothing you can do about it.
Maybe I am not nearly as racist as many would think. The only one of your suggested things I have ever thought about was looks. Smell? I didns't know that. Behave? How can a person behave so badly if he does it in a legal way, and so on.

I guess there was a time, about 50 years ago when I noticed those looks but I just never managed the smell part since we are all humans.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:19 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,102 times
Because in the end the love you give is equal to the love you take

Old 01-16-2012, 11:20 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
I was just making the exact same point today while sitting at the whites only lunch counter enjoying a sandwich.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:28 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
So the truth is that many of us dislike/hate certain races because they look/behave/smell/think different from our own race.
And the truth is that many of us like people who look/behave/smell think differently than ourselves.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:30 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Apparently people had a better understanding of human nature in 1949.

You've Got To Be Carefully Taught from South Pacific-1949 on Columbia. - YouTube

Old 01-16-2012, 11:33 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:

while there are racists out there, and i even know a few, i dont care about the color of a persons skin, but rather the content of their character. we are all children of god, but some act as if they are a spawn of the devil.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:33 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,050,618 times

Everyones A Little Bit Racist - YouTube

People's thoughts are always tinged by their experiences, what they hear growing up, or even urban myths.

Just because everyone has little thoughts like that doesn't mean people should stop trying to get rid of racism and people like Stormfronters.

That's like saying because people have little evil thoughts about other drivers on the road that have something you may associate with an idea you don't like (such as big blue balls on a pickup, not sure why people want to advertise that) we should stop trying to stamp out violent road rage. Being pissed at drivers is not all the same, along with racism.

Just because I know a bunch of Polish jokes (I have a German family) doesn't mean I would let people string up anyone for the crime of being born a certain race. You disgust me.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:35 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
I'm a racial realist. I recognize that there are genetic differences between races with regard to certain traits and behaviors, such as intelligence and impulsiveness.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:35 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
I can't be racist I have brown skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies