Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 01:26 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
That's not a realist, that's just racism even when it was put forward more then a century ago.

The only people who support that view for a number of decades are those like Stormfront, which says a great deal.
If you want to ignore science, that's your choice.

And I'm not a Stormfronter. Stormfronters are white supremacists who believe that whites are the superior race and should rule all other races. I don't agree with that philosophy at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 01:29 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm really confused now, she has only been attacking you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
good catch
Gee, and I just defended the smart people in the room, which included both of you.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:51 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
I really haven't seen much racism , I grew up in NJ. I was taught to respect all people.. the thing is this, I can dislike someone because of the person they are, not their skin.

It depends what their character is. I actually feel robbed by this racist thing that has happened in the past by ignorant people.

I wish racism never was. I know we see the baggage carried from one generation to another by the media to extend the racist thing. MSNBC does this constantly.. always pointing to color. Why? To keep division between the parties, power and it is a hurtful thing to even think that one race is any different than another?

I think MSNBC is the real racists...always pointing to color like there really is something wrong with being black. Guess what- there isn't.

This is a curse on society that must be removed this racist baggage. We are all equal in God's eyes and we all are the same regardless of our skin pigment. So what is the big deal of it all? What if we were all born with real equality in every ones minds. Do we speak of animals as if one color is better than the next. How stupid this all is.

And for the racists that are out there, they should grow some intelligence and realize that no one gets to pick their skin color or origin and it is NO SIN or difference in what God has created.

Martin Luther King was a very wise man to know that character is the one thing we are to be judged on. Just as Jesus said. It is the man who walks in wisdom and righteousness that walks with God.

We were all born human beings , isn't that the truth!

Old 01-16-2012, 02:14 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,296,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Of course no PC liberal guilty weenie would admit to the truth. Why, just this morning I woke up and thought - "People exist in the world that have different looks and behaviors than me!" - and it just ruined my day.
Yeah, I hate that. I married someone who has different looks and behaviors than me.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:16 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
It is normal for people to be racist. Do you want to know why? Because life has important balances that are always respected. It is a balance of extremes. for example, you won't know ever know what cold is, unless you tolerated heat. Once you have felt both, only then will you know the difference and have a preference.

Another one for example is "good vs bad". You will never know that something is "good" unless you ever experienced something "bad" for you to compare with.

But even with those crude examples, there are many subtle extremes.

These many subtle extremes are what racism is all about. So the truth is that many of us dislike/hate certain races because they look/behave/smell/think different from our own race.

Racism and all of the other "bad" things in life will never ever end or change. There is nothing you can do about it.
No, I am not racist and nothing can say will ever make it reality since it is not.

The truest definition of "racist" is "to conduct one's life and affairs primarily based on consideration of what race those involved, are."

I am not, never have been and never will be. I am "proud" but not haughtily so, about being a member of a mixed-race family, also.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:16 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
if the criteria is that I hate other races, i dont qualify.
if the criteria is that i hate drugs violence and bad language, yes then that does make me archie bunker
pull your pants up and put your 9m down
if dr king saw u today he would disown u.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:18 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
And for the racists that are out there, they should grow some intelligence and realize that no one gets to pick their skin color or origin and it is NO SIN or difference in what God has created.
But didn't your sheep-herder comic book hero create their intelligence? How can they grow it? The racists didn't pick their intelligence.

As such, your sheep-herder comic book hero must be the racist.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I really haven't seen much racism , I grew up in NJ. I was taught to respect all people.. the thing is this, I can dislike someone because of the person they are, not their skin.

It depends what their character is. I actually feel robbed by this racist thing that has happened in the past by ignorant people.

I wish racism never was. I know we see the baggage carried from one generation to another by the media to extend the racist thing. MSNBC does this constantly.. always pointing to color. Why? To keep division between the parties, power and it is a hurtful thing to even think that one race is any different than another?

I think MSNBC is the real racists...always pointing to color like there really is something wrong with being black. Guess what- there isn't.

This is a curse on society that must be removed this racist baggage. We are all equal in God's eyes and we all are the same regardless of our skin pigment. So what is the big deal of it all? What if we were all born with real equality in every ones minds. Do we speak of animals as if one color is better than the next. How stupid this all is.

Martin Luther King was a very wise man to know that character is the one thing we are to be judged on. Just as Jesus said. It is the man who walks in wisdom and righteousness that walks with God.

We were all born human beings , isn't that the truth!

very well said!

Old 01-16-2012, 02:21 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,940,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
if the criteria is that I hate other races, i dont qualify.
if the criteria is that i hate drugs violence and bad language, yes then that does make me archie bunker
pull your pants up and put your 9m down
if dr king saw u today he would disown u.
lmao

good honey pot thread for all of the racists on this forum can come and proclaim themselves to not be racists.

if your first impulse when it come to other races is "drugs violence and bad language" then sorry, but you're a racist.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:26 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Do my racial biases make me a racist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies