Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 04:41 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,478,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Because the fact that both parties chased jobs overseas and they have no money they have no choice but to shop at a company who takes advantage of Americans who lost their decent jobs

Me, even if I have to do without, I will NEVER shop at that garbage company. I will always support an American small business
Which is your right. I prefer shopping at American small(er) businesses over Walmart as well.

However, Walmart makes TONS of Americans lives' better. TONS. It helps FAR more people than it harms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 04:42 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,070,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
How many rich Republicans can you cite who give "more than they're required" to the government? Hmmmm? And I'm not talking about charities, because if you wanna go there, I can cite billions in donations coming from the left! Maybe they just reserve it for the needy, rather than giving more than they already do (which is a buttload) to Uncle Sam.
None.

But conservatives are not screaming at the top of our lungs to raise the tax rate.

Capisce?

Old 01-17-2012, 04:43 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,078,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Which is your right.

However, Walmart makes TONS of Americans lives' better. TONS. It helps FAR more people than it harms.
Buying more useless junk made in China makes ones life better?

Offering low wage jobs that one can barely afford to pay their bills on makes ones life better?

You can't see the big picture

I am loving the fact that the Garbage mart fan club is getting so riled up

Old 01-17-2012, 04:43 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,943,934 times
Quote:
Most Walmart employees are not happy, they work there because they have to.

The prices are low for a reason... it is not good for this country. When will people wake up

By the way, weren't you the guy that thought drunk driving should be legal an a thread? Yeah, you seem like a class act for your views
They have to? Is it government mandated? Wal Mart is the only employer on earth? If you banned Wal Mart, do you not think another company just like it would take it's place? Remember K-Mart? Globe? This is nothing unique to Wal Mart. People "settle" to work there. It's entry level employment.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:44 PM

30,382 posts, read 51,991,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
I knew there was a reason I moved out of that sewer!
Not sure if you're a liberal or a conservative, but I guess we found one person who hates the rich! And yes, it is such a sewer here... I say as I enjoy my lunch at an outdoor picnic table in the sun, looking out at a clear blue sky surrounding mountain peaks, during the dead of winter. Yep, it's a real pit - LMAO.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Most Walmart employees are not happy, they work there because they have to.
Do you think most people who work in retail or at supermarkets are happy and prefer working in retail or at supermarkets over working in another field?

Quote:
The prices are low for a reason... it is not good for this country. When will people wake up
So, let's just say that Walmart went out of business and pretend that no other businesses sell products made overseas more cheaply than they could be made in the US. Prices would rise. A lot of people of limited means wouldn't be able to afford to eat or buy clothes.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:46 PM

30,382 posts, read 51,991,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
None.

But conservatives are not screaming at the top of our lungs to raise the tax rate.

Capisce?
Your point might be logical if it were the RICH Dems calling for more taxes... but politicians aside, I really don't think that's the case. And if it matters any, I'm neither a Democrat nor do I support tax raises for the wealthy.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:47 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,238,916 times
I would say that the liberal dislikes anyone who doesnt agree that liberals understand how to spend your hard earned dollars better than you do.
Its not just the rich that frustrates the liberal.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Many of these rich didn't "earn" what they have and the way the Pubs talk down to people telling them to "work harder" to get ahead is intellectually dishonest because many of their heroes haven't worked hard to get ahead but rather through inheritances, sweatshops, immoral business practices etc.
I agree to some extent, BUT:

The "sweatshop" assertion has no basis in reality in most cases. People who manufacture products in China and other countries for Walmart and the like are making far better money than they could if those jobs were not in those countries.

As far as "immoral business practices," what exactly do you mean? Morals are subjective. If someone is engaging in illegal business practices, they should be prosecuted. If you have a big enough problem with a legal business practice, try to get it made illegal.

As far as inheritances, should they not be allowed?

Old 01-17-2012, 04:48 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,078,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
They have to? Is it government mandated? Wal Mart is the only employer on earth? If you banned Wal Mart, do you not think another company just like it would take it's place? Remember K-Mart? Globe? This is nothing unique to Wal Mart. People "settle" to work there. It's entry level employment.
Where did I say "ban" Walmart? Thought so

Of course there are other companies like walmart, but that person was implying that Walmart employees loved it there and I said that they are not neccesarily happy

If we raised tarrifs on foreign made junk so that we could buy American, a company like walmart would cease to exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies