Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 07:48 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Didn't Bush the Younger get into Yale with 'help', as well as daddy's fat checkbook despite a 1080 SAT score?
He was a legacy, but his SATs were actually pretty decent. Not as good as mine (or Al Gore's) but repectable.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 07:49 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Sorry, I never called Bush dumb, stupid, or a moron. Still, I don't think Bush graduated Magna C*m Laude. Mitt Romney graduate c*m laude from the law school which is the top third. Also, I don't see anyone in here touting about being an "Obama-Lover". All I see are people attacking other people's flimsy logic and derangement against the President's collegiate past.
Sorry, I was making a general statement. I did NOT say YOU, I said SOME. If it doesn't apply to you ignore it.

I and some others, are not attacking a record we have never seen.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:55 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
lol, what?

So, since his records are sealed by the school by their own laws, that means he sealed them himself? There is no agree to disagree. You are wrong. You stated, like it was a fact, that President Obama sealed his records when in fact the school sealed them like they sealed everyone else's records. So, that does make you wrong on every account. There is no argument. You are wrong. Period. Its kinda like disputing the fact that water is wet.
You are wrong in your assumption about what I am saying..

Let's make it simple instead of all this running around in circles.

Do you agree with this statement, Schools keep students records private, sealed, UNLESS the student authorizes release of those records?
yes or no.

The student HAS the authority to release those records.
yes or no.

That is all there is. IF Obama wanted his records released, the school would release them. period.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:06 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Do you agree with this statement, Schools keep students records private, sealed, UNLESS the student authorizes release of those records?

yes or no.
No. They are confidential records, protected by law. But they are not "sealed" which requires an order of a court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough
yes or no.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough
That is all there is. IF Obama wanted his records released, the school would release them. period.
So, you are admitting that he has not actually had any of his records sealed?

Yes or No?

Old 01-20-2012, 08:38 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
What I always find funny, is how Obama lovers praise Harvard yet continually call Bush dumb, stupid, a moron, etc. and HE earned his Master's from Harvard. Hypocrites much?
He was called "dumb" not because he got into private schools and an elite college because of money, but because of the stupid comments and actions that he has performed throughout his presidential career. BTW, look this up. every company that Bush has owned (except the Baseball team) has failed! But yet you "Bush was qualified to be president" screamers failed to mention this. Question, if every company that he got his grubby little hands on failed, why do you think that he was qualified to run the biggest company in the world?

Old 01-20-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The Constitution does not say the person has to be smarter then a third grader either. It is left up to the judgement of people, as to whether a person running for president will get their vote or not. We used to elect people based on their life's work of achievements and accomplishments, and their prior demonstrations of leadership, executive experience, and a measure of their successes in life, but all of those things were tossed out the window with Obama, since he had none of these attributes.

BTW, what will he run on in 2012? Here are the Drudge headlines, just for today, which one will Obama run on as a reason to reelect him?

Pump Price Doubles Since Inauguration Day...

U.S. Ambassador: Chinese Government Unstable...

Iran Threatens To Torpedo Us Aircraft Carriers...

Russia Warns Strike On Iran Would Be 'Catastrophe'... (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/middle-east/Russia-says-strike-on-Iran-would-be-catastrophe/articleshow/11539555.cms - broken link)

U.S. Intel Closely Watching Saudi Arabia Ambitions After China Nuclear Deal...

Treasury Dips Into Pension Funds To Avoid Debt... (http://news.yahoo.com/treasury-dips-pension-funds-avoid-debt-limit-202850021.html - broken link)

Obama Kills Keystone Pipeline; Blames Republicans... *

Wah, wah wah Obama did not do this and Obama did not do that Wah, Wah

As far as you are concerned he did not do anything, Iguess that you should ask the GM employees and everyone connected to the Automobile industry as well, how about those folks that could not get healthcare before he was elected?

Old 01-20-2012, 08:48 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
He was called "dumb" not because he got into private schools and an elite college because of money, but because of the stupid comments and actions that he has performed throughout his presidential career. BTW, look this up. every company that Bush has owned (except the Baseball team) has failed! But yet you "Bush was qualified to be president" screamers failed to mention this. Question, if every company that he got his grubby little hands on failed, why do you think that he was qualified to run the biggest company in the world?
I know this is an aside but on the baseball team, it's interesting how Bush made money on that.

At the time, Bush's father was President. Bush was 'asked' to be an investor in the Texas Rangers and it just so happened that after Bush invested the State of Texas decided to build them a stadium. Bush's interest in the Rangers skyrocketed and he sold his shares to another investor.

There were allegations of insider trading but those charges were heard by the SEC, of which the chairman was a Bush family friend and stacked heavily with Bush senior appointees. Do you want to guess how the SEC voted?

Old 01-20-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
President Bush had his record as the Governer of Texas for the people to judge if he was QUALIFIED for office. All we had for Barry was his "Harvard education" and we want to see what that included. He sure didn't do anythig of value AFTER leaving school that qualifies him for the highest office in the country.

You silly rabbit! You do realize that being a govenor does not automatically make you qualified to be the president? How about a US senator? Because through your hatered or ignorance you fail to realize that Pres. Obama was a senator from Il. Oh BTW, Graduating from college does not make you qualified either, but since you love drinking from the Obama haterade machine facts mean very little to you anyway

Old 01-20-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
he thinks he is smart, so smart in fact he can do anything~~
but I have seen nothing to encourage this belief
when he does not have his transcript and goes off the cuff
he sounds totally absurd and not smart at all
just because he sneaked in the white house aided by his hatchet men and women
and the media covering for him does not mean he is smart
it means he is conning and that's all
to be he is a second rate hack, nothing more
knowing how proud he is of himself, if there were something to boast about in his records they would have been flung all over the place by now
And this is coming from someone that thought Herman "Uncle Ruckus" Cain was actually electable

Old 01-20-2012, 09:10 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
Quote:
You are wrong in your assumption about what I am saying..

Let's make it simple instead of all this running around in circles.

yes or no.

yes or no.

LOL. I'm not wrong in your assumption in what you are saying. You said, as stated in this thread, that President Obama sealed his records. That is a factually incorrect statement.

Now if you want to complain about Barack Obama not sharing his transcripts with you then go ahead. No president is obligated to show them to anyone since it has nothing to do with his or her's eligibility to serve as President. Its not going to prove anything other than the fact the Barack Obama had Magna C*m Laude level grades. Which by Harvard standards would leave him in the top 20% of the graduating class which would probably be about a 3.7-3.8.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies