Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 11:09 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
He didn't break any rules...

He refused a pat down, which is well within everyone's rights.
Is it? One can avoid it by taking another mode of transportation, or not triggering the scanner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 11:11 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Corruption at its best. I first came to learn a bit more about Rick Perry also when his vehicle was stopped for speeding, and (now) the Governor used his "power" to threaten the police officer and get away with what would be a major issue for citizens. Politicians can often get away with issues (largely due to power and reach), but that ain't a protection subscribed for them in the US Constitution.

That one act, caught on video, is why I cannot stand, "I'm above the law, looking for a photo OP" Perry.

I could not stand Bill White and his values, more.
Least of two evil's.

I see him, in a very hard race to win the gubernatorial primaries, next election cycle.

I may run against him!

Old 01-23-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juke box hero View Post
the tsa could not pat down senator rand paul in the first place. According to the constitution, once he's identified as a u.s. Senator on his way to session, he is to be let through. Tsa stands down. That's it.
bs. Next what? I can smoke or just be a nuisance or carry kerosene into flights because I'm a congressman?

Old 01-23-2012, 11:22 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Quote:
bs.
The pertinent section of the Constitution has already been posted in this thread. Have you read it? If so, where is the BS?

Old 01-23-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke Box Hero View Post
Was Senator Rand Paul doing any of those things? No, the Senator was on his way to session. TSA stands down. End of discussion.
No, he refused a pat down despite of triggering the alarm. The point of my argument was that being a senator doesn't make you immune from rules and regulations of the place.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Yes it does, once he's identified as a U.S. Senator on his way to session, he can't be stopped. Like Rep. Moran who got out of his speeding tickets.
Neither is supposed to bypass rules and regulations. But since you keep bringing up Rep Moran (whoever he/she is), I have a feeling that you have an issue with that person getting away.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:43 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Set off the "Wing Nut" detector.
Quote:
He doesn't need special treatment. If a person in front of him, or behind him, was called for a pat down, he ain't any more special. This search is no more unreasonable than a traffic stop search.

Both of you will one day very likely end up in detention camps ... and you will remember saying things like this. Thanks to people like you and your complete apathy for the state of the union and the loss of our individual rights as Citizens, this country will soon be like Nazi germany, and is well on its way as we speak. Sieg Heil ... ! You are doing the fuhrer proud!

Old 01-23-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Both of you will one day very likely end up in detention camps ... and you will remember this day then.
Wonderful wishes and dreams. Or, is that merely wishful thinking?

Old 01-23-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Not really, but Rep. Moran was breaking the law. Senator Rand Paul was on his way to session. TSA violated the Constitution when they stopped the Senator.
The Constitution disagrees. The least Rand Paul could do is take this to the courts and prove that he is immune from the rules and regulations that every other person is.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
The Constitution is clear. Senator Rand Paul cannot be stopped while on his way to session. TSA stands down. He walks through.
The constitution is indeed clear. Senator can't be, except (among other things), for breach of peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies