Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 12:37 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Ok, why do you have such low regard for young people?
because I have hired them

they dont even know which end of a broom to push

ask them to do manual labor...oh the crying

I would hate to see this generation have to do their jobs if a magnetic/electric storm knocked out computers...they wouldnt even be able to GET to work..god forbid they read a map instead of having GPS tell them where to go
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 12:37 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
Quote:
Ok, why do you have such low regard for young people?
Maybe they need to prove their worth and show they care more about texting, Jersey Shore, crappy music, bad fashion and whining.

Just an observation from a 28 yr old

Old 01-24-2012, 12:38 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Maybe they need to prove their worth and show they care more about texting, Jersey Shore, crappy music, bad fashion and whining.

Just an observation from a 28 yr old
Have you proven your own worth? You do realize that you part of the generation that is being trashed, right??

Old 01-24-2012, 12:39 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,207,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I dont hate...

but todays youth has zero work ethic

they just want everything fast and easy
Close your eyes, pick a random generation, and someone said this about them when they were 20 years old.

Now hurry and get back to your porch so you can yell at kids to get off your lawn. Here is something I put together for the last 'generation gimme' thread (which you old people ignored).

* Between 1989 and 2006, the share of teenagers who were volunteering doubled, to 26.4 percent from 13.4 percent (source here)
* Gen-Yers are more likely to be much better team players than any other generation to date, due to the abundance of team-based thought which comes from growing up digital (source: Grown Up Digital: How the Net Generation is Changing Your World)
* To millennials, the boundaries between work and play are fuzzier, which fosters even greater teamwork, rather than backbiting and individual competition seen in Gen X and boomers. Fuzzy lines between work/play also have been proven to lead to greater overall productivity (Millennial Makeover: MySpace, YouTube, and the Future of American Politics)

Much of the evidence to date actually shows that the typical Gen-Y/Millenial attitude is more productive in terms of output than the attitude of a typical Gen-X/Boomer.

And one final point...just to give you an idea of how dramatically younger people have changed over time, here is a quote attributed to Socrates by Plato:

"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for
authority, they show disrespect to their elders.... They no longer
rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents,
chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their
legs, and are tyrants over their teachers."

So why don't you stop complaining and start actually learning something about work from us Gen-Y'ers? There is a lot of evidence pointing to the fact that we are more productive than gen x or boomers.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:40 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,084 times
Quote:
those born after 1978 just have no willpower to even find a job, let alone (oh the four letter word liberals hate) WORK
They'll work, but only jobs they don't consider to be beneath them, and offer the salary and benefits they rightly deserve. Many would prefer to sit unemployed then do honest work where they might get their hands dirty.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:42 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times
Quote:
those born after 1978 just have no willpower to even find a job, let alone (oh the four letter word liberals hate) WORK
great attitude codger.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Have you proven your own worth? You do realize that you part of the generation that is being trashed, right??
Yes I have... I worked hard for everything I have, I hate reality tv, listen to every good form of music (everything before yr 2000 in other words) don't text, don't whine and appreciate older generations that have done great things for this country.

Yes, that makes me better than 99% of this generation

Old 01-24-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
great attitude codger.
Truth hurts there namecaller?

Old 01-24-2012, 12:46 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Yes I have... I worked hard for everything I have, I hate reality tv, listen to every good form of music (everything before yr 2000 in other words) don't text, don't whine and appreciate older generations that have done great things for this country.

Yes, that makes me better than 99% of this generation
So proving your worth means listening to so called good music. As a fan of 80's music, I think the current crop of bands are 100 times better than the garbage in the 90's. Don't get me started on early to mid 70's garbage they called music.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:47 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Revolutionary Politics::Revolutionary Politics : Judge Judy - Here's Who You Support With Taxes (http://revolutionarypolitics.tv/video/viewVideo.php?video_id=15915 - broken link)

In summary, this is a clip from Judge Judy where a woman is suing her boyfriend for rent he didn't pay when he was living with her. She wants him to pay b/c he was receiving gov't money FOR RENT. He was spending it on himself isntead. Judge Judy rips him a new one, of course, but I wanted to post this to show the mindset of the so-called "Generation Gimme." Lots of posters here like to say this kind of thing doesn't happen but this video is proof that it does and what's worse...the dude doesn't even know what he's doing wrong, he sees nothing wrong with taking this money from the gov't and doing what he pleases with it. We as taxpayers have also paid for his college education as a music major.

Who are these lots of posters that state that there aren't folks gaming the system? I have yet to see that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies