Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 06:23 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I would like to know how much this woman makes. She most likely does not have capital gains but I am willing to bet she is wealthy.
I have zero idea what she makes as far as salary, but did anyone ever make an issue of how much she makes? I thought the discussion was about her tax rate vs. Buffets--that's he's a billionaire, and he pays way less of a percent of his income than she does. I pay a whole lot higher percent of my income in taxes than Buffet does too . Can you show me a link where her salary has EVER been an issue? For the record, making a couple of hundred thousand a year makes you comfortably middle class, but it sure doesn't make you rich. If she has the kind of earned income you claim she probably does, I guarantee she pays a higher percent than Buffet, because he lives off of capital gains. If she's invested, which I assume she has, even a combo of capital gains and income tax would be higher than what Buffet pays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 06:24 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,811,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Link, please?
Do you think Obama dragged her to the US Congress against her will?

Old 01-27-2012, 06:24 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,410,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I have zero idea what she makes as far as salary, but did anyone ever make an issue of how much she makes? I thought the discussion was about her tax rate vs. Buffets--that's he's a billionaire, and he pays way less of a percent of his income than she does. I pay a whole lot higher percent of my income in taxes than Buffet does too . Can you show me a link where her salary has EVER been an issue? For the record, making a couple of hundred thousand a year makes you comfortably middle class, but it sure doesn't make you rich.
Her salary is important because she is being portrayed as a middle class taypaxer.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:26 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,410,503 times
She didn't look all happy be the poster child. Her look was pained.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Thats rather invasive, as I said, she is a private citizen.
Yes, she was before Obama started using her as his campaign prop.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times
Quote:
I have zero idea what she makes as far as salary, but did anyone ever make an issue of how much she makes? I thought the discussion was about her tax rate vs. Buffets--that's he's a billionaire, and he pays way less of a percent of his income than she does. I pay a whole lot higher percent of my income in taxes than Buffet does too . Can you show me a link where her salary has EVER been an issue? For the record, making a couple of hundred thousand a year makes you comfortably middle class, but it sure doesn't make you rich. If she has the kind of earned income you claim she probably does, I guarantee she pays a higher percent than Buffet, because he lives off of capital gains. Even a combo of capital gains and income tax would be higher than what Buffet pays.
Have you ever seen the rate she pays? No one has, but yet, she is used as a campaign prop for obama. Why should anyone believe a word coming out of his piehole?

If she shows her W2, then we can verify her rate.

Sounds FAIR, doesn't it?

Old 01-27-2012, 06:34 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,875 times
I declare, the more time I spend on this forum, the less I like conservatives. Some of you are nasty, horrible people.

A private citizen should not be pressured to release their tax returns. You may hate her and want to cut her down a few notches, but she's still a private citizen and doesn't have to tell you anything. Deal with it.

The conservatives here just want her tax info so they can tear her limb from limb and destroy her. This is what they like to do to anyone who gets in their way of their precious efforts to defend their ideas: Destroy them, and savage them to bits under the glare public opinion. Kind of like a pack of wolves fighting over a single piece of steak. Sad, really, that they would want to go after a private citizen like that.

But, hey some people weren't raised to be decent folks. It is what it is.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:35 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,019,659 times
The President has used this woman's situation as an example of the 'middle class' taxes versus the 1% taxes. To make this claim and then not be open and forthcoming about this woman's particular situation does question the validity of the claim. When she agreed to and participated in the Obama campaign by allowing herself to be used as a political tool in this way she became a public figure vice just a private citizen.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
I have zero idea what she makes as far as salary, but did anyone ever make an issue of how much she makes? I thought the discussion was about her tax rate vs. Buffets--that's he's a billionaire.
That's probably because Buffet doesn't pay income tax whereas his secretary is a top earner in terms of her income.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:37 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,987,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Do you think Obama dragged her to the US Congress against her will?
Thats not the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies