Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 09:22 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,661,252 times

Advertisements

Remember, this entire thread was started by someone who admits he didn't even listen to the speech, so any link he presents is a link to opinions he imagines he might have if he had heard the speech he didn't listen to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 09:26 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,504,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Remember, this entire thread was started by someone who admits he didn't even listen to the speech, so any link he presents is a link to opinions he imagines he might have if he had heard the speech he didn't listen to.
I didn't listen to it either. My eyeballs can't hear very well--or at all.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:44 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times

Old 01-27-2012, 03:47 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,827,525 times
An example the MSM lies supporting the usurper's 2012 SOU teleprompter reading. They claimed the approval rating was 91%. yeah..for 2011...lol

Rachel Maddow Show

Old 01-27-2012, 06:18 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Since you failed to read any part of the link let me provide the second paragraph for your perusal and comment on.

***The speech was notable for the items he did not mention, including many of the failed spending programs and policies he undertook over the past three years, the foreign policy and defense challenges he has exacerbated, and the economic actions he failed to take that would have created jobs and spurred economic growth.***

You know at least one or two of these things that he didn't mention at all so lets hear you talk about how wrong those things were.
Oh, I read it but I doing so I can only presume that the OP is suggesting that the President should have used the SOTU to criticize himself. There is no president that has used the SOTU as such a platform and to suggest that he should is just silly and whiny.

Similarly, did the Republican response criticize the GOP House? No.

At least the President's speech was factual while the GOP response charged that Mr. Obama said things he never said. An example is Mr. Daniels berated the president for his “constant disparagement of people in business,” which is a complete fabrication. Then he went on with: “The late Steve Jobs — what a fitting name he had — created more of them than all those stimulus dollars the president borrowed and blew.” That's only true if you count jobs in China. Apple only employs only 43,000 people in the United States.

So, the President's speech was factual while the GOP response was a string of crock statements.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:21 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
An example the MSM lies supporting the usurper's 2012 SOU teleprompter reading. They claimed the approval rating was 91%. yeah..for 2011...lol

Rachel Maddow Show
What teleprompter? See below:

source: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/25/us...20union&st=cse

Old 01-27-2012, 06:25 AM

576 posts, read 586,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Hmmm. And all this time I've been laboring under the misconception that posters are encouraged to use links to save space and, especially, to avoid a potential of copyright violation.

Or, are liberals just too lazy to read, or perhaps afraid they'll be confused by facts?

I understand. It is a very confusing time and it's much easier to stay comfy right where you are than to add to your base of knowledge (and exercise the brain cells).
I think they are more the picture book type.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:54 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Roy has an argument?
Really?
Is this about ROB? I didn't know he made a State of the Union speech. (He should have, the whole evening would have been more balanced.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
The speech. Your link to Heritage is just tripe.

All of those were addressed in the speech. Heritage is, as usual, full of ignorance at best, disinformation at worst.
You mean, Obama didn't make any omissions? No, of course not. His State of the Union was selective "facts" a'la Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
HA! I watched/listened to the speech. I hung on every word. I love wishful promises and whitewash that makes me feel good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Oh, I read it but I doing so I can only presume that the OP is suggesting that the President should have used the SOTU to criticize himself. There is no president that has used the SOTU as such a platform and to suggest that he should is just silly and whiny.

Similarly, did the Republican response criticize the GOP House? No.

At least the President's speech was factual while the GOP response charged that Mr. Obama said things he never said. An example is Mr. Daniels berated the president for his “constant disparagement of people in business,” which is a complete fabrication. Then he went on with: “The late Steve Jobs — what a fitting name he had — created more of them than all those stimulus dollars the president borrowed and blew.” That's only true if you count jobs in China. Apple only employs only 43,000 people in the United States.

So, the President's speech was factual while the GOP response was a string of crock statements.
Apples and oranges. The President's speech is supposed to inform the nation on the sate of the country as it is, not as Obama would like us to see it. If that involves "self-criticism" for failures along the way, so be it.
Only a small man cannot admit failures. Everybody fails from time to time -- and only the small continually place blame elsewhere.

GOP response is NOT intended to be a state of the union report, but highlight what the sitting President hoped no one would notice as he basked in the "afterglow" on the left.

As for Steve Jobs, you forgot to mention that Steve said that there would never have been an Apple in the business climate created by the present administration.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:33 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,504,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You mean, Obama didn't make any omissions? No, of course not. His State of the Union was selective "facts" a'la Obama.
Heritage claimed the President didn't talk about any of the highlighted objects--and he most certainly did. I don't understand why you're so upset he didn't mention he was a secret muslim. That is, after all, an open secret.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:43 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
The amount of Liberal Deflection in this thread is downright amazing....even by Liberal standards. Something tells me Liberals are very scared going into this 2012 election season considering they won't even analyze another point of view concerning a President they so obviously worship and intend to protect.

Do Liberals have any dignity left at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies