U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-26-2012, 06:49 PM
 
Location: Earth
24,639 posts, read 24,833,048 times
Reputation: 11318

Advertisements

Police investigate rifle cross hairs stickers found in Capitol | The Columbia Daily Tribune - Columbia, Missouri
JEFFERSON CITY — Orange stickers with an image of rifle cross hairs were found yesterday on the office nameplates of several Democratic state senators, prompting an investigation by Missouri Capitol Police, Senate Administrator Jim Howerton said.
<snip>
A few of the senators removed them, only to have them replaced by larger stickers later.


Well, isn't this nice.

 
Old 01-26-2012, 06:55 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,509,868 times
Reputation: 9363
And? One thing we've learned from the Occupy Wall Street movement is that you can do anything you want to public property, right?
 
Old 01-26-2012, 07:30 PM
 
Location: The middle of nowhere Arkansas
3,326 posts, read 2,718,207 times
Reputation: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Police investigate rifle cross hairs stickers found in Capitol | The Columbia Daily Tribune - Columbia, Missouri
JEFFERSON CITY Orange stickers with an image of rifle cross hairs were found yesterday on the office nameplates of several Democratic state senators, prompting an investigation by Missouri Capitol Police, Senate Administrator Jim Howerton said.
<snip>
A few of the senators removed them, only to have them replaced by larger stickers later.


Well, isn't this nice.
It's also been done before........


 
Old 01-26-2012, 07:54 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,924 posts, read 28,231,372 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
It's also been done before........

Well yeah, but those aren't crosshairs. They are the bullseye targets. Not the same thing, at all.
 
Old 01-26-2012, 08:02 PM
 
1,082 posts, read 791,217 times
Reputation: 547
Boo hoo
 
Old 01-26-2012, 11:43 PM
 
10,783 posts, read 11,852,105 times
Reputation: 4795
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Well yeah, but those aren't crosshairs. They are the bullseye targets. Not the same thing, at all.
Exactly, these are crosshairs



The map Palin took down and could have likely influenced the Arizona massacre.

First the murdered cat with "liberal" written on it left on the democrat campaigners door step and now this, it looks like the extreme right all pulling out all the intimidation and thugs tactics. Who knows when it's going to become all out assaults and worse on others from these right wing crazies.
 
Old 01-26-2012, 11:46 PM
 
4,380 posts, read 2,933,105 times
Reputation: 1431
Quote:
The map Palin took down and could have likely influenced the Arizona massacre.
Any evidence? I'll wait.

Quote:
First the murdered cat with "liberal" written on it left on the democrat campaigners door step and now this, it looks like the extreme right all pulling out all the intimidation and thugs tactics. Who knows when it's going to become all out assaults and worse on others from these right wing crazies.
Are we talking about Occupy here?

And again, I will ask you, do you have any evidence that Jerad Loughner was in anyway influenced by Sarah Palin's "map"?
 
Old 01-26-2012, 11:48 PM
 
5,113 posts, read 4,956,023 times
Reputation: 1732
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Police investigate rifle cross hairs stickers found in Capitol | The Columbia Daily Tribune - Columbia, Missouri
JEFFERSON CITY Orange stickers with an image of rifle cross hairs were found yesterday on the office nameplates of several Democratic state senators, prompting an investigation by Missouri Capitol Police, Senate Administrator Jim Howerton said.
<snip>
A few of the senators removed them, only to have them replaced by larger stickers later.


Well, isn't this nice.
Planted by a democrat no doubt.
 
Old 01-26-2012, 11:50 PM
 
Location: SWUS
5,421 posts, read 7,892,914 times
Reputation: 5797
And here I was hoping that this would be a thread where the political motivations of whoever did this wouldn't come up. Props to Chiel for not interjecting a rant into the OP, like a lot of other posters do. *cough*

I'm wondering if some people even READ the articles sometimes, one of the people whose name appeared with a crosshair on/next to it was a Republican representative, and a Republican state senator condemned it. If this is a hostile thing, I'm guessing that it was some loony acting independently.
 
Old 01-26-2012, 11:53 PM
 
4,380 posts, read 2,933,105 times
Reputation: 1431
Still waiting for the evidence, Tempest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top