Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 07:56 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,162,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Some people would say some people's views, would relate to mental health issues.

I just don't know why this particular breed, is getting such a bad rap. I myself have been more of a Shepherd person, but I've been around pits that just can't get any more cute or sweeter.

What is it about this breed that is scaring people so much??

I'm not so sure, he had more issue's, unless a family member comes forward and says so. Losing a pet to some is like losing a child, the pain can bring you to a all time low. It takes someone who really loves dog's to understand this man's guilt and pain. Some think people, wouldn't get this attached to a dog, I'm here to say you can be this attached.
Because they are often used for illegal dog fighting.
I help out with a pit bull rescue group and have yet to hear of any incidents whatsoever. The news media doesn't help either!
Growing up we owned a collie/spitz mix. That dog was the nastiest dog you ever want to meet. She bit my Aunt's hand clean through. I remember always having to muzzle her when she was walked.
People need to stop with the Pet Bias!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 07:58 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlonaG View Post
He already had some emotional issues with depression and despondent over lack of work.
Fact remains - this man should NOT have been BULLIED and HARRASSED into putting his dog down.
We need to end DOG BREED BIAS!
Where is your proof that this guy had emotional issues and depression?

Quote:
Because he was being bullied and harrassed. Same reason kids commit suicide after being bullied.
Terrible analogy.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:00 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post

Terrible analogy.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:01 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
Dogs are meat eaters - they have teeth made for the ripping of flesh - If you get an inbred dog..or shall I say a pure bred dog like a pit bull that has through genetic engineering...ended up with a small uncontrollable brain - and a super powerful mouth and neck - THEN - you are asking for possible trouble - all dogs can turn on a human - when a pit bull does - it can be lethal - I would rather destroy every pit bull in the world..than have one child or adult have their face ripped off...one child is worth a billion pit bulls.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post

One news report (radio) said that he had some depression issues. He was in an out of 9 foster homes by the time he was 16. And on 9/11 he was one of the first responders. He also said that Rocco rescued him, not the other way around.
Someone who is in a proper frame of mind does not commit suicide.
For whatever reason he felt there was no other way out but to have his 'best friend' euthanized and then regretted it. Hence the terrible outcome.

Terrible analogy.
No it isn't. He was harrassed and bullied by his neighbors. They should all be held responsible.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:37 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Because they are often used for illegal dog fighting.
I help out with a pit bull rescue group and have yet to hear of any incidents whatsoever. The news media doesn't help either!
Growing up we owned a collie/spitz mix. That dog was the nastiest dog you ever want to meet. She bit my Aunt's hand clean through. I remember always having to muzzle her when she was walked.
People need to stop with the Pet Bias!
I understand the dog fighting part. If you look at the breed one on one the breed is just like any other dog. Most dogs do what nature has instilled in them.

I've got a little mutt and she's meaner than my shepherds, she weighs 30 lbs they're 120 each.

It's the people that raise them that decides their fate.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:39 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
Nothing more stupid than a person who jumps off a bridge because they lost all their money in the stock market...If a dog - or money - are the things that keep you going in this life - then maybe you are not fit for this life

Old 02-06-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Dogs are meat eaters - they have teeth made for the ripping of flesh - If you get an inbred dog..or shall I say a pure bred dog like a pit bull that has through genetic engineering...ended up with a small uncontrollable brain - and a super powerful mouth and neck - THEN - you are asking for possible trouble - all dogs can turn on a human - when a pit bull does - it can be lethal - I would rather destroy every pit bull in the world..than have one child or adult have their face ripped off...one child is worth a billion pit bulls.
Pet Bias in the extreme.

OUT OF THE PITS - A Non-Profit Animal Rescue Organization

This website has some stories of Pit Bull rescues who've achieved some great things!

Old 02-06-2012, 08:41 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The problem is this dog didn't seem to have any issues it was singled out, because it was a certain breed. I've had people say they'd never own a shepherd due to them being inbreed and crazy. I don't find this to be a problem, I've owned a few shepherds with no crazy antics.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I understand the dog fighting part. If you look at the breed one on one the breed is just like any other dog. Most dogs do what nature has instilled in them.

I've got a little mutt and she's meaner than my shepherds, she weighs 30 lbs they're 120 each.

It's the people that raise them that decides their fate.

Absolutely right!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies