Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 09:14 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times

Advertisements

In a sign of desperation, we're hearing Democrats and Liberals from all flanks saying "nothing will change"......."Mitt Romney will be no different"....."I'll hold my nose and vote for Obama although he sucks".......and a plethora of other proclamations insinuating that we can expect more of the same from Washington DC after the 2012 elections.

This coming from a group of people who fell for the "Hope and Change" mantra hook, line, and sinker.

You never questioned him. He was black. He was attractive. He had a beautiful family. Experience? Who needs it?! And now you see how not performing your due diligence has cost you to the point you're now admitting "nothing will change."

The point? All this blather and excuse-making is in fact a de facto admission that Barack Obama is an utter failure. No Hope. No Change. You were hoodwinked.

I call this The Liberal Awakening. A rhetorical Pie In the Face Slapdown for being the sheep that Obama wanted you to be in 2008. All of you should be embarrassed for being so horribly duped.

The collective groan from the right: "We Told You So."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 09:42 AM

2,471 posts, read 4,020,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
In a sign of desperation, we're hearing Democrats and Liberals from all flanks saying "nothing will change"......."Mitt Romney will be no different"....."I'll hold my nose and vote for Obama although he sucks".......and a plethora of other proclamations insinuating that we can expect more of the same from Washington DC after the 2012 elections.

This coming from a group of people who fell for the "Hope and Change" mantra hook, line, and sinker.

You never questioned him. He was black. He was attractive. He had a beautiful family. Experience? Who needs it?! And now you see how not performing your due diligence has cost you to the point you're now admitting "nothing will change."

The point? All this blather and excuse-making is in fact a de facto admission that Barack Obama is an utter failure. No Hope. No Change. You were hoodwinked.

I call this The Liberal Awakening. A rhetorical Pie In the Face Slapdown for being the sheep that Obama wanted you to be in 2008. All of you should be embarrassed for being so horribly duped.

The country is a better place now than it was 4 years ago. Obama disappointed myself and others who expected more. But I don't hear many liberals saying he "sucks". Overall I'm quite happy with Obama and can't wait to see if perhaps he'll have even more success in his second term. Luckily it seems we'll definitely get a chance to see because it looks as no repub candidate stands a chance against him.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:53 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,194,098 times
Quote:
No Hope. No Change. You were hoodwinked.

Really? Where was the collective groan from the right at Bush, his second term, invading Iraq on false premises, letting the Chinese steal a spy place, mission accomplished, greeted as liberators, the war in Iraq will pay for itself, Where's Waldo, err bin Laden, the Great Recession, etc.

Other than you're a partisan and your listen to your emotions and not your brain, you have no content to your post. I'm not even a liberal. It's just sad to see a grown adult so unable to put together his own thoughts.

There's been plenty of change in 3 years just as there has been in any Presidency. The guy did Healthcare reform (in spite of opposition by Republicans to ANY healthcare reform), wound down the War in Iraq, changed strategy in Afghanistan, CAFE standards, changed policy on torture, Gays in the Military, etc. Thus, whining about there being no changes is rather silly and infantile.

I'm not so sure that you should be whining about 2008 sheep. Feel free to look back. The Republicans had full control of the entire government for 6/8 years of Bush. How was the economy when they left? How many wars were we in? What was happening with the fiscal situation? How was the real estate market? Bubbled?

I'd be careful. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:59 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Any who were paying attention would have known this in 2008. I think it's fair to say that the invasion of Iraq was the no. 1 complaint against W Bush from the left. Obama was not in the Senate yet when the vote to authorize invasion was taken. But Biden and H. Clinton were, and both voted yes. Biden became Obama's choice for VP and Clinton for Secy of State. And Tom Daschle, whom Obama wanted in the cabinet, and from whom Obama got a bunch of staffers, also voted yes.

Everyone in the D party, save for the useful idiots, had to have known what they were getting in Obama.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:08 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
I guess you forgot about Romneys term as Mass. governor and his liberal policies. So yeah, Romney will be more of the same.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:09 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,481,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
The country is a better place now than it was 4 years ago. Obama disappointed myself and others who expected more. But I don't hear many liberals saying he "sucks". Overall I'm quite happy with Obama and can't wait to see if perhaps he'll have even more success in his second term. Luckily it seems we'll definitely get a chance to see because it looks as no repub candidate stands a chance against him.

Please explain how its in a better place now then 4 yrs ago.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:12 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,284,533 times
As a child you are cared for by your parents. Liberals like to continue that concept through adulthood with the government.
They have no moral problem in taking other people's money for themselves.
They are in mind still children. Yeah Obama sucked, so do we expect these children to now put on big boy pants and to grow up? I don't, they IMO have mental issues regarding taking care of themselves and taking things from others, that won't change.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:13 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,890 times
People voted for Obama because he was better than McCain. That doesn't mean they fell for the Hope and Change thingy, but it certainly helped get Obama elected. Since people don't insist or support third party candidates, they will, like the OP, only see in black and white, D or R. How ridiculous! To blame people for voting for the lesser of two evils instead of voting for someone they actually wanted, something they could achieve if they got their head out of their..., something they could achieve if they didn't worry about who everyone else was supporting. For such a "great" country, we do a terrible job of electing leaders.

Speaking of which, here we go again in 2012. When will a leader among us stand up for the role? I'd love to. But I'm not yet ready to be killed before I can become effective.

The OP's rant is ridiculous. And proof that there is nothing more valuable to a conservative than being right, winning the argument, destroying the opposition. Forget accomplishing the job at hand, it's better to stand on your opponent and declare victory. Which is why I'll never vote for a conservative candidate, as we define them today. Romney, the Corporate Robot--or any of the other GOP circus clowns--will never get my vote.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:13 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,257,222 times
Quote:

You are incorrect in your analysis. Those quotes you are saying are coming from Republicans and Ron Paul supporters, not Democrats.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:23 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
You are incorrect in your analysis. Those quotes you are saying are coming from Republicans and Ron Paul supporters, not Democrats.
I spend enough time on this forum to know where these proclamations come from. I"ve witnessed every kind of back-peddling imaginable due to the realization that the individual in question is finally admitting that voting for Barack Obama and/or Obama's performance in office was an exercise in futility and worthy of retrospective review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies