Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 12:19 PM

78,613 posts, read 60,797,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
Not when they're poor minorities according to most Republicans.
How bitterly ironic to play the race card when a huge number of the abortions are actually black babies and some activists claim that the push for abortion is tantamount to black genocide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 12:20 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,159,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Why else would a breast cancer charity withdraw support from an agency that provides breast cancer screenings?
Precisely. It's an assumption, not a fact, as demonstrated by your rhetorical question.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:20 PM

965 posts, read 1,888,529 times
Susan G. Komen Loses Support After Planned Parenthood Decision

Quote:
Stacey Tillman, a 47-year-old woman from Sandusky, Ohio, says she has donated over $300 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure each year for the past nine years. The issue is close to her heart, she says, because her aunt had breast cancer.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-01-2012 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 02-01-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
If you are outraged, fax or email to news@koman.org. We cannot stay silent and let people who want to turn America into some sort of theocratic dystopia rule the roost. They are vocal. We must be more vocal too.

You can also call to register anger to 877-465-6636.

They obviously respond to money. Let them know first hand that no more of yours will go their way.
Don't just talk about it, tell them first hand.

They rescinded the lawsuit after a public outcry. There is real hope here as long as we ALL act and vote with our wallets.
Or, you could re-direct your Komen donations to Planned Parenthood, right?

If abortions are so important to you, then why not do that instead? Money talks. Fund all the abortions your heart desires!

Old 02-01-2012, 12:25 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,857,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How bitterly ironic to play the race card when a huge number of the abortions are actually black babies and some activists claim that the push for abortion is tantamount to black genocide.
Is that what Planned Parenthood is about?

Old 02-01-2012, 12:29 PM

You are free to donate as much of your hard-earned money to PP as your heart desires. So what's the problem here?

Old 02-01-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:

While Margaret Sanger's views on Eugenics are well-known, they have nothing to do with Planned Parenthood now.
I get it. Like every other Liberal, you want to dodge the abortion topic in order to freely castigate Komen.

Sorry, not going to happen in this forum. If you're looking for kumbayah, go elsewhere. Otherwise, own up to your ideology and tell us why this bothers you so much when you're free to commit as much money as you want to Planned Parenthood (which includes abortions).

Old 02-01-2012, 12:33 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,739,039 times
Quote:
Nation & World | Susan G. Komen foundation ends Planned Parenthood grants | Seattle Times Newspaper

Ridiculous. I've donated to the foundation for a number of years until I read about their bully tactics on smaller breast cancer charities (suing them for using "for the cure" when it wasn't copywritten for one thing) or their commercialization of a devastating disease. This is totally politically motivated, misguided garbage and yet another way for the hypocritical moral police to impose on people's personal sex lives. Abortions are a small percentage of what Planned Parenthood does, but yet again, the poor and undereducated are used as a scapegoat and led to the wolves.

Just another example of how America is rapidly becoming a banana republic and too many people don't even realize it.
Agreed.
I was already up-to-here with the pink stuff everywhere.
They will never get another penny from me.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:34 PM

37,155 posts, read 42,286,403 times
If I had to choose I'd donate to PP, which are the ones in the trenches. And although it's a worthy cause I'm straight up SICK of PINK. Koman is like the Oprah of awareness groups.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:36 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,238,545 times
I dont see any problem with this they are a non-profit and can put there money where they want. Just as the people who donate time and money to them can stop because of a political statement about another group who is doing things to help women
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies