Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2012, 09:49 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,949,203 times

Advertisements

Here's this nuisance investigation, no worries they all involve cancer screening The problem is they're treating women under 18 without parents knowledge. Still waiting to see how many of you've been through an abortion yourself, under the age of 21......................

Report on Planned Parenthood Calls for Congressional Investigation (http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/8162-report-on-planned-parenthood-calls-for-congressional-investigation - broken link)
Among the charges the pro-life group leveled against Planned Parenthood in the report are:

• The misuse of federal healthcare and family planning funds. “State audit reports and admissions by former employees detail a pattern of misuse by some Planned Parenthood affiliates,” noted the AUL.

A failure to report criminal child sexual abuse. According to the report, there is substantial and “still-developing evidence” that more than a few Planned Parenthood clinics have not reported all instances of suspected abuse, instead advising “minors and their abusers on how to circumvent the mandatory reporting laws.”

A failure to comply with state laws involving minors. “Some Planned Parenthood affiliates exhibit a pattern and practice of violating and circumventing parental involvement laws,” the report noted.

Assisting individuals engaged in prostitution and sex trafficking. “Some Planned Parenthood clinics have demonstrated a willingness to partner with pimps or sex traffickers to exploit young women instead of safeguarding their health and safety,” reported the AUL.

• A “dangerous misuse of the abortion drug RU-486.” According to the report, “Planned Parenthood’s admitted disregard for the FDA’s approved protocol puts profits above women’s lives and safety.”

• A “willingness to provide women with inaccurate and misleading information.” AUL found that some Planned Parenthood affiliates “continually demonstrate a disregard for women’s health and safety through their willingness to provide inaccurate and misleading information regarding fetal development and about abortion’s inherent health risks.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 09:51 AM

15,867 posts, read 21,458,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
It doesnt matter....they made it first! The other organizations had every opportunity to coin that phrase for their businesses, but did not. To bad. You cannot steal another organizations trademarks just because all of a sudden you realize how successful it is and you would like to have a part of that. There are regulatory laws that we have to abide by.

I am sure that for every medical professional that is unhappy with SGK, there is another one that is very pleased. I have never heard any of my friends and family in the medical profession say anything but good about SGK. You may have different experiences.
My experience is the complete opposite. I am involved in several cancer organizations (I'm Too Young for This!, the SAMFund, LLS, Dana-Farber affiliated groups) and have never heard a positive word for SGK. I am also a fundraising professional in a different field and a grad student in nonprofit management. SGK is often used as a case study for mismanagement and poor practice.

I can tell you that MY medical professionals (oncologist, oncopsychiatrists, onco-nutritionists) are some of the best in the country and they rail on pinkwashing.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:53 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,535,292 times
As a guy, I used to mostly ignore their races. Now I will actively boo them.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:55 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,592,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
My experience is the complete opposite. I am involved in several cancer organizations (I'm Too Young for This!, the SAMFund, LLS, Dana-Farber affiliated groups) and have never heard a positive word for SGK. I am also a fundraising professional in a different field and a grad student in nonprofit management. SGK is often used as a case study for mismanagement and poor practice.

I can tell you that MY medical professionals (oncologist, oncopsychiatrists, onco-nutritionists) are some of the best in the country and they rail on pinkwashing.
Like I said.....for every positive, there is a negative. My moms oncologist has always been very supportive of SGK. To each his/her own.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Why?

Old 02-02-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Here's this nuisance investigation, no worries they all involve cancer screening The problem is they're treating women under 18 without parents knowledge. Still waiting to see how many of you've been through an abortion yourself, under the age of 21......................

Report on Planned Parenthood Calls for Congressional Investigation (http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/8162-report-on-planned-parenthood-calls-for-congressional-investigation - broken link)
Among the charges the pro-life group leveled against Planned Parenthood in the report are:

• The misuse of federal healthcare and family planning funds. “State audit reports and admissions by former employees detail a pattern of misuse by some Planned Parenthood affiliates,” noted the AUL.

A failure to report criminal child sexual abuse. According to the report, there is substantial and “still-developing evidence” that more than a few Planned Parenthood clinics have not reported all instances of suspected abuse, instead advising “minors and their abusers on how to circumvent the mandatory reporting laws.”

A failure to comply with state laws involving minors. “Some Planned Parenthood affiliates exhibit a pattern and practice of violating and circumventing parental involvement laws,” the report noted.

Assisting individuals engaged in prostitution and sex trafficking. “Some Planned Parenthood clinics have demonstrated a willingness to partner with pimps or sex traffickers to exploit young women instead of safeguarding their health and safety,” reported the AUL.

• A “dangerous misuse of the abortion drug RU-486.” According to the report, “Planned Parenthood’s admitted disregard for the FDA’s approved protocol puts profits above women’s lives and safety.”

• A “willingness to provide women with inaccurate and misleading information.” AUL found that some Planned Parenthood affiliates “continually demonstrate a disregard for women’s health and safety through their willingness to provide inaccurate and misleading information regarding fetal development and about abortion’s inherent health risks.”
Thank you for providing this!

Old 02-02-2012, 09:57 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,290,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
There are several sources/ links on google stating planned parenthood does not do breast screenings or mammograms. The SGK site has an article stating several calls were made to 27 states PPHs and all said the same.

I support PPH for their efforts in wellness care and birth control, but do not like their abortion services.....that is just my opinion. However, if they are not a huge breast cancer screening and mammogram facility, why should they receive $ from SGK?
True that many don't have on-site mammography; those who don't refer low-income women to appropriate clinics. PP does teach BSE, which is the first line defense against breast cancer. I believe that falls under both screening and education.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:59 AM

15,867 posts, read 21,458,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
And that's part of the problem. As a guy, you should know that you can also get breast cancer. This is not a women-only disease. SGK does a pisspoor job of representing men with breast cancer and has actively advocated for government funds to go exclusively to women with breast cancer.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:01 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,290,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

So, basically, "j'accuse"? Charges do not equal proof.

Now they have to prove it. And it will be fun when they bring that fake pimp/fake journalist out to prove his accusations.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
True that many don't have on-site mammography; those who don't refer low-income women to appropriate clinics. PP does teach BSE, which is the first line defense against breast cancer. I believe that falls under both screening and education.
Good to know! thanks.

Although BSE does not equal full screening exams and mammograms. So basically, PPH does not offer much in the way of discovering breast cancer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies