Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 04:59 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,901,949 times

Advertisements

West Kentucky Star - Featured News (http://www.westkentuckystar.com/Featured-News/McConnell-Says-Obama-s-Record-Is--Indefensible- - broken link)

You sure he's not talking about his own record?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 01:53 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Typical obfuscation from the GOP leadership.

It was McConnell who publicly stated that the GOP's highest priority is to see that Obama doesn't get a second term. Since then, both he and the House leader, Speaker Boehner, have aggressively pursued that strategy, making trouble for the President at every turn and endangering the health and welfare of the nation to boot.

So now, after having obstructed anything the President wanted to do, they claim he's a failure.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:07 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,863,269 times
Wonder if he is referring to the highest stock market in 11 yrs or the improved employment month after month, or the stimulus programs that are working, or the auto industry he saved, or the health care plan he passed, or the repeal of DADT, or the draw down of the wars.

Guess it is much easier to defend starting a no purpose war, forcing a credit rating drop for the US, creating staggering deficits, benefiting only the super rich, bailing out your friends that made bad business decisions, or seeking to hurt the US so they can defeat the sitting President... yup that's soooo much better. I can see why someone with a brain would vote Repug.....NOT!

Old 02-04-2012, 05:17 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Wonder if he is referring to the highest stock market in 11 yrs or the improved employment month after month, or the stimulus programs that are working, or the auto industry he saved, or the health care plan he passed, or the repeal of DADT, or the draw down of the wars.

Guess it is much easier to defend starting a no purpose war, forcing a credit rating drop for the US, creating staggering deficits, benefiting only the super rich, bailing out your friends that made bad business decisions, or seeking to hurt the US so they can defeat the sitting President... yup that's soooo much better. I can see why someone with a brain would vote Repug.....NOT!

^^^

It really and truly is very alarming that people in this nation as so ignorant that they would actually want four more years of Barack Obama.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:24 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,388,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
^^^

It really and truly is very alarming that people in this nation as so ignorant that they would actually want four more years of Barack Obama.
Maybe when the Republican candidates offer some ideas on how they'd do better, rather than spending their entire campaign attacking each other, some folks might be willing to listen. I haven't heard anything from any of the candidates that tells me they'd be any better.

Maybe I missed it- can you provide some info on what the candidiates would do differently/better???

Old 02-04-2012, 05:39 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,257,051 times
It really and truly is very alarming that people in this nation as so ignorant that they would actually want four more years of the GOP, the party that completely wrecked America under the failed presidency of George Dumbya Boosh, the Village Idiot manchild from Texas.

No wonder he's in hiding.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:02 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
^^^

Rick you gonna be shaking your head in disbelief come this November.
Personally i cant believe that enough people would chose to elect Romney to lead their country.
Speaking of which some one is going to have to remind me what Mitch has done for this country other than criticize everything the President is doing to try to improve the lot of Americans.
I heard a few months ago that mitch was worth an estimated 20 million, looking over his paltry accomplishments over the years its hard to imagine how he amassed such a fortune by basically being a public servant all his life http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitch_McConnell

Last edited by jambo101; 02-04-2012 at 06:14 AM..

Old 02-04-2012, 06:12 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
The GOP mantra, "He made it worse", isn't going anywhere. no matter how hard the GOP has tried to make it worse, it is definitely getting better. Statistics show it, Consumer Sentiment shows it, Job growth shows it. What is also very clear, are the GOP efforts at making that not happen, haven't succeeded. Imagine where we would be if they had helped instead.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:28 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The GOP mantra, "He made it worse", isn't going anywhere. no matter how hard the GOP has tried to make it worse, it is definitely getting better. Statistics show it, Consumer Sentiment shows it, Job growth shows it. What is also very clear, are the GOP efforts at making that not happen, haven't succeeded. Imagine where we would be if they had helped instead.
I'm not saying the repub's would have done anything better, in fact I don't care for Romney at all, but I think things may have turned around a lot faster without the bailout.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:42 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I'm not saying the repub's would have done anything better, in fact I don't care for Romney at all, but I think things may have turned around a lot faster without the bailout.
The basic fact is, getting people jobs is the only answer. The Repubs could have helped do that, but...the GOP has done nothing to help that, in many cases, they have directly aggravated the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies