Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 12:52 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,446,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I agree. lol re: "furniture rental , and "Rent a center" I had never heard of this until moving to Tenn. They charge interest to rent furniture,

Once consumers learn they can do without, they can save and eliminate high interest credit card debt, for good

The military does not allow recruits to use Cash Advance Centers (Usury).

You can rent furniture?? I had no clue? Really? From where would you rent furniture? Sorry I know this has nothing to do with the topic that just struck me, I have never heard of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 01:16 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,152,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Are pigs flying today? I actually agree with the OP, Chase and BofA are horrible at customer service.

However if people choose to use these Banks why should I give a damn. It's their decision so be it.

I'll stick to my local credit union and local banks where I actually know many of the people who run them personally.
This, PLUS the fact that the OP really hasn't told us exactly what these policies are. So far, just one angry person with an ax to grind, as far as I can tell.

I'm from NC, and I would not deposit a penny in BOA. I do all my banking with a credit union, but with regards to credit cards, I use two of them. I use the ones that can give me the biggest benefit for no fee. I pay my balance in full, and cash in the rewards. One of those cards is Chase, and so far, I've been happy. The second that there is actual EVIDENCE that they are trying to screw me, I'll take my business elsewhere. Until then, I'll just keep on using my card at the businesses of my choice, and reaping the rewards. They have EARNED my business, as far as I'm concerned, because they give the best rewards for my needs, with absolutely ZERO cost to me.

So why should I boycott them?

(And to everyone else, don't lump us all together. I might just be one of those loonies.)

Old 02-08-2012, 01:30 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,759,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmateo View Post
This, PLUS the fact that the OP really hasn't told us exactly what these policies are. So far, just one angry person with an ax to grind, as far as I can tell.

I'm from NC, and I would not deposit a penny in BOA. I do all my banking with a credit union, but with regards to credit cards, I use two of them. I use the ones that can give me the biggest benefit for no fee. I pay my balance in full, and cash in the rewards. One of those cards is Chase, and so far, I've been happy. The second that there is actual EVIDENCE that they are trying to screw me, I'll take my business elsewhere. Until then, I'll just keep on using my card at the businesses of my choice, and reaping the rewards. They have EARNED my business, as far as I'm concerned, because they give the best rewards for my needs, with absolutely ZERO cost to me.

So why should I boycott them?

(And to everyone else, don't lump us all together. I might just be one of those loonies.)
I guess you missed this part of my post:

However if people choose to use these Banks why should I give a damn. It's their decision so be it.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:26 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,620,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
If only it were that easy. It's pretty tough for consumers to get unethical Businesses out of the Industry when our Government prevents them from failing and The Federal Reserve supplies them with unlimited and interest-free capital.
TBTF policies for felonious multinational investment banks need to be reigned in by Congress. thanks

Old 02-08-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Yep...it's a losers game...you rent a couch that's just cheap made junk,give a King's ransom monthly for it and never own it...a business man's dream,an idiot's reality.
funny too bcs like food stamps, R.A.C. is backed by jpmorgan chase...whores for usury/interest...

Old 02-08-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The impact of regulation are becoming clearer. Could be why the Repubs are so anxious to change it.

Is This the End of Wall Street As They Knew It? -- New York Magazine

know whats hilarious. In 2008 ali velshi on CNN tried to explain how big banks need bailouts...he was condescending and lame....this is how low the congress and lamestream media thinks of the American public. That we dont comprehend how the bailouts worked...

they can all rot in hell, educated Americans do not get knowledge from CNN or Fox, we understand what multinational banks have done to this econony and we do no listen to spoon fed tripe for JPMorgan media (CNN Fox, MSNBC, et. al...ad infinitum.

Chickens are coming home to roost for WS traders and Skank Paulson...to name a few....

Old 02-08-2012, 09:26 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,102,421 times
I like my BoA credit card...I get some sweet rewards. So far, I have had good service with BoA and Chase (a few of my student loans).

This is off topic (and profane), but the true Satan is AES, a student loan company. The biggest group of ****ing *******s work for this scum sucking ****hole company...

Old 02-09-2012, 04:32 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,098,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
You can rent furniture?? I had no clue? Really? From where would you rent furniture? Sorry I know this has nothing to do with the topic that just struck me, I have never heard of that.
Really? They are big biz in this area...dummies go to these places and they can rent to own(more secure for the folks selling if it's called rent) video game players,stereos,furniture,appliances and just about anything else.

Hell of a scam...they buy wholesale,cheap junk(think trailer furniture)...house it in a furniture store type building...idiots come along and sign a contract to pay weekly to RENT this crap and if you pay it off,you end up giving about 5x what normal retail is for the junk and it's worn out by then and the cycle repeats...if you miss a payment they come get it the next day and since it's rented it doesn't go against the loser's credit score...which they probably do not even HAVE a credit score in the first place since they go to these rip off joints and mismanage their funds....since the stuff is rented,if they mess it up,sell it or just disappear with it the law will sink them quickly because it wasn't financed,it still by law belongs to the rental place.

You can not imagine how many times I see those rental trucks backed into some dummy's yard...same folks over and over and they wonder why they are broke.

Around here tax time is the big boom for these places and throughout the rest of the year the non union coal miners carry them over till next tax season.

Stupidest thing moneywise you'll ever see anyone do.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:01 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,798,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Really? They are big biz in this area...dummies go to these places and they can rent to own(more secure for the folks selling if it's called rent) video game players,stereos,furniture,appliances and just about anything else.

Hell of a scam...they buy wholesale,cheap junk(think trailer furniture)...house it in a furniture store type building...idiots come along and sign a contract to pay weekly to RENT this crap and if you pay it off,you end up giving about 5x what normal retail is for the junk and it's worn out by then and the cycle repeats...if you miss a payment they come get it the next day and since it's rented it doesn't go against the loser's credit score...which they probably do not even HAVE a credit score in the first place since they go to these rip off joints and mismanage their funds....since the stuff is rented,if they mess it up,sell it or just disappear with it the law will sink them quickly because it wasn't financed,it still by law belongs to the rental place.

You can not imagine how many times I see those rental trucks backed into some dummy's yard...same folks over and over and they wonder why they are broke.

Around here tax time is the big boom for these places and throughout the rest of the year the non union coal miners carry them over till next tax season.

Stupidest thing moneywise you'll ever see anyone do.
Totally agreed. These rent to own places love to target military areas. No less than one and a 1/2 miles from one of the gates at Ft. Knox, KY there are five furniture rental places.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:33 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,310,943 times
Should we boycott these guys and start moving our accounts to UBS? Hehe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies