Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 06:47 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,356,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I give President Obama credit, I think he's a bright guy. I happen to disagree with many of his policies, but still, I don't think he's dumb.

But some of the people he surrounds himself with...that's another story. Eric Holder...I don't see anyone even trying to make a case for the man. Janet Napolitino? Same way...she makes HS look bad with statements, denials and general lack of integrity. Morton with ICE..who refuses to even do his job with regard to prosecuting and deporting illegals, even ones caught or turned over to his agency. Timmy "turbo tax" Geithner...the Treasury Secretary that can't manage to do his own taxes?

How can a man as bright as Obama is supposed to be surround himself with so many horribly incompetent people?
Book smart and common sense are two entirely different things. Birds of a feather flock together........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 07:47 AM

24,438 posts, read 23,110,611 times
Obama is no more or less smart than George Bush. He wasn't dumb either. Neither are MENSA material, but you don't have to be a genius to do what you're told or to at least come across as likeable.
As for Obama's being surrounded with dumb people, its easier to put somebody in a job they can't handle and then they'll be dependant upon you to keep them from failing. Eric Holder is not that competent. He probably gets told to do things and just does them without thought or without the backbone to say " No, this is a bad idea." Janet Reno wasn't dumb but she was a gutless rubber stamp.
If Obama has a fault( and he has a few) I think he's insecure in knowing that he isn't as smart as he wishes he was or as others are told he is and it bothers him. Its an ego thing. he's had a lot of help getting where he is and he'll never get the satisfaction of knowing he truly earned it or deserved it.
How would you like to be the POTUS and not have any real power?

Old 02-10-2012, 09:12 AM

13,656 posts, read 20,800,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Point to any administration and you can find idiots...lot's of them.

Who told GWB that going into Iraq made sense? Those were all supposedly smart guys, weren't they?
Score one for ole DD.

To be fair, Obama has both Leon Panetta and General Petraus at very high levels. Both of them are smart and honorable.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:22 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,337,137 times
Well considering that Obama is a much better president than any Republican since Eisenhower, the question should be, if the conservatives think Obama's advisers are dumb, then how dumb are the GOP advisers?

Old 02-10-2012, 09:22 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,897,170 times
Quote:
I give President Obama credit, I think he's a bright guy. I happen to disagree with many of his policies, but still, I don't think he's dumb.

But some of the people he surrounds himself with...that's another story. Eric Holder...I don't see anyone even trying to make a case for the man. Janet Napolitino? Same way...she makes HS look bad with statements, denials and general lack of integrity. Morton with ICE..who refuses to even do his job with regard to prosecuting and deporting illegals, even ones caught or turned over to his agency. Timmy "turbo tax" Geithner...the Treasury Secretary that can't manage to do his own taxes?

How can a man as bright as Obama is supposed to be surround himself with so many horribly incompetent people?
obama surrounds himself with YES people. The fact that many of them are dumb was a coincidence.
Smart people who are strong don't make good yes people...

Old 02-10-2012, 09:25 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,897,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Score one for ole DD.

To be fair, Obama has both Leon Panetta and General Petraus at very high levels. Both of them are smart and honorable.
...and both of those men have absolutely NO USE for obama...!! They rarely agree with the corrupt b@stard...
by the way, it was Panetta that was the entire force behind the killing of Bin Ladin. obama just happened to be in the room, hiding under mama's skirt like the coward he is.....

Old 02-10-2012, 09:30 AM

13,656 posts, read 20,800,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
...and both of those men have absolutely NO USE for obama...!! They rarely agree with the corrupt b@stard...
by the way, it was Panetta that was the entire force behind the killing of Bin Ladin. obama just happened to be in the room, hiding under mama's skirt like the coward he is.....
Well that is what they are supposed to do- offer their own views and alternatives.

Hell, I would think at this point even Obama shakes his head and frowns every time Holder opens his mouth.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:34 AM

1,677 posts, read 1,669,967 times
Quote:

He surrounded himself with dumb people before he became president.

Why would anyone expect that to change after becoming president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies