Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Limbaugh trollish
Yes, he even looks like one 51 78.46%
No 14 21.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 01:30 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Why do you folks listen to his show. I'm guessing he would go out of business if the lefty hate mongers would stop listening. They must make up half his audience as much as they know about him. He has you folks sitting on the edge of your rockers every day while you hope for a gotcha statement to come out of his mouth then you can run off to media matters and spew your venom. It's beyond pathetic.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:32 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Rush and all conservative radio hosts love to incite rage and get their followers all riled up. Why is that?
Probably because his main lemming like audience is easily riled up.
Perusing the topic titles in the political section of CD its quite evident that Rush and his ilk are definitely having an impact on the themes of most topics as hate, venom and vitriol seem to be the order of the day along with the ever present common denominator from the rightwing of "the sky is falling"
Yup Rush Limbaugh as professional troll is a very apt moniker.
As for Liberals being upset at what he says? I'd doubt any Liberals have listened to any of his claptrap in years and really couldnt care less or take seriously what the troll has to say.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:34 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Why do you folks listen to his show. .
Same reason I occasionally watch Jersey shore , entertainment.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:35 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
So your infatuated with Jersey Shore too? How many Rush dolls to you stick full of pins during his show?

Old 02-15-2012, 01:36 AM

Quote:
So your infatuated with Jersey Shore too?
Occasionally watching something = infatuated? Reading is fundamental.

Oh, I get it, this is the same technique you guys pulled with Sarah Palin. The more we ridicule Sarah Palin and Limbaugh, the more popular they get right? Yeah, ok, if you say so.

If I don't fall for Limbaugh's jedi mind tricks what makes you think I'll fall for those of his lemmings?

Last edited by Savoir Faire; 02-15-2012 at 01:45 AM..

Old 02-15-2012, 01:41 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
He doesn't even seem to be interested in opening up any sort of conversation or education. It's just trash talking. Kinda like Savage.

Other right wing hacks, like Hannity and O'Reilly seem to have some sort of interest in dialogue, but Limbaugh appears to be in it just to get people p!$sed

Yes, Rush has found it very lucrative to be divisive and contemptuous of others. What a great job! You get to get wasted on narcotics, then pontificate about what terrible people the "others" are. That's the thing about Rush...he loves nothing more than the sound of his own voice. It doesn't matter that he's an intellectual midget, a liar, a felon and a drug
addict...he keeps people listening because he makes them feel okay about hating other people, other countries and other groups. That doesn't require dialectics or logic, only the permission to freely degrade, belittle and diminish those who disagree with his skewed vision of America. And yes, to express their hostility.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:43 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Why do you folks listen to his show. I'm guessing he would go out of business if the lefty hate mongers would stop listening. They must make up half his audience as much as they know about him. He has you folks sitting on the edge of your rockers every day while you hope for a gotcha statement to come out of his mouth then you can run off to media matters and spew your venom. It's beyond pathetic.
Not me. You couldn't pay me enough to listen to or watch him.

I've caught bits and pieces of him over the years, and from what I have heard, I came to the conclusion a long time ago that he doesn't have a kind or decent or compassionate bone in his body.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Not me. You couldn't pay me enough to listen to or watch him.

I've caught bits and pieces of him over the years, and from what I have heard, I came to the conclusion a long time ago that he doesn't have a kind or decent or compassionate bone in his body.
Even if he did, you'd have to go through lots of fat to find it.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:50 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Even if he did, you'd have to go through lots of fat to find it.
This would be true.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:00 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Geeze .. The use of such big words makes it difficult for those of us with lesser intelligence to follow.

In the future .. could you please use 'littler' words?

Standing in the light of such brilliance .. blinds us all!

Then stick on your Foster Grants and buy a used dictionary; I'm not about to "dumb down" the way that I write...particularly when someone tries to insinuate that having a broad vocabulary is a bad thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies