Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 01:22 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,624,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
You must be Greek.
ad hominems: the last refuge of a failed argument. don't go away mad; just go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 01:26 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
What Happens When China Stops Buying Our Debt? - DailyFinance

Your grandchildren and theirs will be paying back China for a long time.

How much are the American National Forests worth in timber and water rights to China?

How about mineral rights in Idaho and Montana?

It is imperative that America keeps China happy or else they may issue Americans an invoice!
I think the think tanks, neo cons and social conservatives should be traded to pay off their debt to china since it was their policies and agendas that caused the debt. They're big fans of slavery for blacks and women, and huge fans of patriot act negating the constitution, so I say let them live & toil in the nation they made- in CHINA. That way liberty and justice for all can be restored. I think that's very fair and playing by the rules they imposed upon us all against our will is only fitting.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:55 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
ad hominems: the last refuge of a failed argument. don't go away mad; just go away.
You wrote:

Quote:
you obviously don't know anything about sovereign debt.
How can you make such a claim without knowing anything about the poster?

How is that rational?

Talk about ad hominems!

don't go away mad; just go away.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:00 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
I say double or nothing!!

[put on our poker faces ]

Old 02-17-2012, 02:02 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,553,096 times
Clearly nothing. We don't owe them anything. China needs a successful US far more than we need a successful China.

Nothing of the US will ever get 'sold off.'

Old 02-17-2012, 02:08 PM

6 posts, read 19,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I think the think tanks, neo cons and social conservatives should be traded to pay off their debt to china since it was their policies and agendas that caused the debt. They're big fans of slavery for blacks and women, and huge fans of patriot act negating the constitution, so I say let them live & toil in the nation they made- in CHINA. That way liberty and justice for all can be restored. I think that's very fair and playing by the rules they imposed upon us all against our will is only fitting.
You are well versed in media propaganda but not in truth or facts. It was a Dem Congress that voted us into the war. No one Pres (except king O) can do that.

Here is the truth about slavery and politics.

*Democrats fought to expand slavery while Republicans fought to end it.
◦Democrats passed those discriminatory Black Codes and Jim Crow laws.
◦Democrats supported and passed the Missouri Compromise to protect slavery.
◦Democrats supported and passed the Kansas Nebraska Act to expand slavery.
◦Democrats supported and backed the Dred Scott Decision.
◦Democrats opposed educating blacks and murdered our teachers.
◦Democrats fought against anti-lynching laws.
◦Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, is well known for having been a “Kleagle†in the Ku Klux Klan.
◦Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, personally filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964 for 14 straight hours to keep it from passage.
◦Democrats passed the Repeal Act of 1894 that overturned civil right laws enacted by Republicans.
◦Democrats declared that they would rather vote for a “yellow dog†than vote for a Republican, because the Republican Party was known as the party for blacks.
◦Democrat President Woodrow Wilson, reintroduced segregation throughout the federal government immediately upon taking office in 1913.
◦Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s first appointment to the Supreme Court was a life member of the Ku Klux Klan, Sen. Hugo Black, Democrat of Alabama.
◦Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s choice for vice president in 1944 was Harry Truman, who had joined the Ku Klux Klan in Kansas City in 1922.
◦Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt resisted Republican efforts to pass a federal law against lynching.
◦Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt opposed integration of the armed forces.
◦Democrat Senators Sam Ervin, Albert Gore, Sr. and Robert Byrd were the chief opponents of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
◦Democrats supported and backed Judge John Ferguson in the case of Plessy v Ferguson.
◦Democrats supported the School Board of Topeka Kansas in the case of Brown v The Board of Education of Topeka Kansas.
◦Democrat public safety commissioner Eugene “Bull†Connor, in Birmingham, Ala., unleashed vicious dogs and turned fire hoses on black civil rights demonstrators.
◦Democrats were who Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and the other protesters were fighting.
◦Democrat Georgia Governor Lester Maddox “brandished an ax hammer" to prevent blacks from patronizing his restaurant.
◦Democrat Governor George Wallace stood in front of the Alabama schoolhouse in 1963, declaring there would be segregation forever.
◦Democrat Arkansas Governor Faubus tried to prevent desegregation of Little Rock public schools.
◦Democrat Senator John F. Kennedy voted against the 1957 Civil rights Act.
◦Democrat President John F. Kennedy opposed the 1963 March on Washington by Dr. King.
◦Democrat President John F. Kennedy, had Dr. King wiretapped and investigated by the FBI.
◦Democrat President Bill Clinton’s mentor was U.S. Senator J. William Fulbright, an Arkansas Democrat and a supporter of racial segregation.
◦Democrat President Bill Clinton interned for J. William Fulbright in 1966-67.
◦Democrat Senator J. William Fulbright signed the Southern Manifesto opposing the Supreme Court’s 1954 Brown vs. Board of Education decision.
◦Democrat Senator J. William Fulbright joined with the Dixiecrats in filibustering the Civil Rights Acts of 1957 and 1964.
◦Democrat Senator J. William Fulbright voted against the 1965 Voting Rights Act.
◦Southern Democrats opposed desegregation and integration

Old 02-17-2012, 02:35 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Can I ask a dumb question? If we owe them dollars, and they start to pressure us can we just print a trillion dollars and ship it to them? I suppose they would declare war if we did that since those dollars would be worth like a dime.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:38 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,445,053 times
Why did the number go down so much in December?

Old 02-17-2012, 02:44 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,343,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Can I ask a dumb question? If we owe them dollars, and they start to pressure us can we just print a trillion dollars and ship it to them? I suppose they would declare war if we did that since those dollars would be worth like a dime.
The Chinese wouldn't accept it, but many of the point-and-grunt fools at the center of Obama's core constituency would gladly do so.

And when all that money started chasing the unchanged amount of durable goods inthe marketplce, inflation would go through the roof.

This woud hurt concservatives and retirees living on a fixed income much more than the ACORN crowd, so I wouldn't be suprised to see it happen once he's re-elected and has nothing to lose.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:00 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingon View Post
Here is the truth about slavery and politics.
You are well versed in propaganda. What hid behind the cloaks of dixiecrats passing as democrats was straight up evil. This would be why republicans and democrats joined together in the civil war. We work together for the right reasons no matter our personal disagreements.

Terrorists have appreciably conscripted the republican party to service it's opposite principles. You cannot blame that on dems or any other indies repulsed by their behavior. Blame it on the right wing media hijacking their party and their religions. They are neither conservative, nor Christian, nor Americans.

I support the party of Lincoln. I cannot in good conscience support this monstrosity making mockery of Lincoln and disgracing American legacy through treasonous predatory behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies