Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 09:38 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
It's official: Obama's going to win.
i don't believe that but........ i find it funny that the OP has done more to promote the obama '12 campaign, by making aspects of the GOP look irrational and racist to independent, moderate and undecided voters, than any single obama supporter could have.

good work mcgarrett.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:43 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
Taking a moment for a reality check: When were those islands ever "ours"? Some may have English names but that does not make them "our" Territory. You cannot give away what you never owned.

Every once in a while the neo birthers show their true, if faded, colors. thanks OP.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:23 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
If this is allowed to happen under his administration, it will be the action of a man the founders were warned about when framing the presidential clause that was to become Article 2 Section 1. They wanted a future president a natural born Citizen that was born with sole allegiance to the United States, not a President that was born with an allegiance to a foreign sovereignty that would cast doubts about his loyalty to America. How do you ensure sole allegiance to the United States? Both your parents are both U.S. citizens at your birth. As we all know, Obama's birth was governed by the British Nationality Act of 1948 due the the fact that his father was not a U.S. citizen but rather a British Subject making Barack Jr a dual Citizen with split allegiances at birth. With that said, former candidate Joe Miller from Alaska has discovered that Obama secretly negotiated new boundary lines between the U.S. and Siberia which would put 7 Alaskan islands which have oil rich shales for thousands of square miles that will soon be considered Russian waters. This move means the president would be letting oil rich sovereign U.S. property be handed over to the Russians, a sworn military adversary for decades. Although this didn't start under Obama, it is still a treasonous move and it is flat out un American if Obama does this. This property has U.S. natural resources on it that insures our national security. With Obama wanting to cut 80% of our 1,550 nuclear deployed weapons and now this treacherous possible move, it is clear that this ineligible non natural born citizen president would be undermining United States sovereignty putting our national security at severe risk. What is America getting in return?

Joe Miller: “Obama Gives Seven Alaska Islands To Russia” | The Real Revo

You know, I actually read the link. Something was in the back of my mind though. Joe Miller... Joe Miller .. .sounds familiar.

I read the article and this was so secret, that .... it's on some web blog. Pretty darn secret thing you got there, bro.

Nearly all of Wrangel Island, and Herald Island, are a federally protected nature sanctuary administered by Russia's Ministry of Natural Resources. The island, and their surrounding waters, were classified as a "Zapovednik" (a "strict nature reserve") in 1976 and, as such, receive the highest level of protection and excludes practically all human activity other than for scientific purposes. The Chukotka Regional government extended the marine protected area out to 24 nautical miles in 1999. As of 2003, there were four rangers who reside on the island year-round. In addition a core of about 12 scientists conduct research during the summer months.
Wrangel Island - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree with the original poster. It's time to hate Obama for this. 1976. Woah, I was 5 years old. I'm still hating Obama though. It's good to hate him for giving them islands they've been adminstering for .... decades. (Did someone say 1926?) Makes good sense to me. By they way, should we hate hate hate every President who didn't give a crap, before, as well....or just Obama? Need some clarity here. Thanks.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:38 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
You know, I actually read the link. Something was in the back of my mind though. Joe Miller... Joe Miller .. .sounds familiar.

I read the article and this was so secret, that .... it's on some web blog. Pretty darn secret thing you got there, bro.

Nearly all of Wrangel Island, and Herald Island, are a federally protected nature sanctuary administered by Russia's Ministry of Natural Resources. The island, and their surrounding waters, were classified as a "Zapovednik" (a "strict nature reserve") in 1976 and, as such, receive the highest level of protection and excludes practically all human activity other than for scientific purposes. The Chukotka Regional government extended the marine protected area out to 24 nautical miles in 1999. As of 2003, there were four rangers who reside on the island year-round. In addition a core of about 12 scientists conduct research during the summer months.
Wrangel Island - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree with the original poster. It's time to hate Obama for this. 1976. Woah, I was 5 years old. I'm still hating Obama though. It's good to hate him for giving them islands they've been adminstering for .... decades. (Did someone say 1926?) Makes good sense to me. By they way, should we hate hate hate every President who didn't give a crap, before, as well....or just Obama? Need some clarity here. Thanks.

So, Obama got into his way back machine and did this before he was born! Wow...impressive...

Old 02-21-2012, 02:57 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,399,340 times
Wow, what a thread. Some really bad history started it off, it got even worse, then birthers started to rumble in. Just like a brush fire.

I just wondered if anyone had ever read about President Martin Van Buren. You know, that would be the 8th President, the one born on US soil to Dutch parents? He was the very first President that was born a US citizen, and he spoke Dutch as his first language.

You would think after awhile,people would just start to read and research a little bot. But bloggermania has set in big time. It's pretty embarrassing to watch.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:51 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,345,633 times
This is a terrible thread and link! I'm amazed at the crap people believe without checking the facts.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:30 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,980 times
Yeah all i saw were blogs and they are false

Old 02-22-2012, 09:50 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
James Madison was. You running away from that one Lamp?
congrats on the "debate" last night. i haven't heard it yet but it sounds like the birthers are trying the "empty chair" method after seeing it's success in georgia.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:33 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,088,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
congrats on the "debate" last night. i haven't heard it yet but it sounds like the birthers are trying the "empty chair" method after seeing it's success in georgia.
Yep. After suggesting the thing, asking me to be his opponent, and flogging the debate on this own web page for two weeks, Scott simply didn't show up.

Unlike in Georgia, though, the empty chair lost this time.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:42 PM

26,512 posts, read 15,092,794 times
No, Obama is Not Ceding Alaskan Islands to Russia | The Virtuous Republic (http://thevirtuousrepublic.com/?p=9754 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies