Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 05:49 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
My bad... thought it was to me.

Viva Nevada!
No worries. I'll only afford a viva to parts of Nevada though. Sadly, our population centers are infested with relocated sheep that seem determined to turn NV into the states they fled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 05:52 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
No worries. I'll only afford a viva to parts of Nevada though. Sadly, our population centers are infested with relocated sheep that seem determined to turn NV into the states they fled.
LOL... i know what you mean!

Seems every state surrounding California is over run lately. Their draining the cream, and some has gone sour.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:05 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,174 times
Quote:
LOL... i know what you mean!

Seems every state surrounding California is over run lately. Their draining the cream, and some has gone sour.
Agreed. It's a sad fact that those that fled the silly state fail to realize the agenda they're determined to implement here and elsewhere was instrumental in their having decided to relocate.

The more I of see of people's foolish behavior the further convinced I become that the bulk of the populace are idiots.

More power to the western Sheriffs. It's comforting to see elected officials exercising their authority in pursuit of the support of their oaths of office.

I doubt we set the movement in motion but you might find the incidents regarding the Jarbidge Shovel Brigade interesting as a precursor to current events. A quick Google search will provide a lot of documentation regarding the incident. The events surrounding the actions of the Shovel Brigade led to similar movements in other western states. Our local Sheriff was extremely supportive of local efforts combating heavy handed federal intrusion.

This monument honoring the effort was displayed on our courthouse lawn for a number of years;

The rural west is fed up with federal intrusion and abuses. It's heartening to see more western Sheriffs joining the fight.

Last edited by outbacknv; 02-19-2012 at 06:38 PM..

Old 02-19-2012, 06:16 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Quote:
The Constitution of the United States.

That response should win the prize for non-answer of the year!

Are you a politician?

Old 02-19-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
That response should win the prize for non-answer of the year!

Are you a politician?
It is only a non answer to those that think we still operate under it.

I forgive you for the insult.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:11 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
It is only a non answer to those that think we still operate under it.

I forgive you for the insult.
The Constitution or the Articles of Confederation. I ask because there seems to be quite a bit of confusion in your neck of the political spectrum.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The Constitution or the Articles of Confederation. I ask because there seems to be quite a bit of confusion in your neck of the political spectrum.
Which fits best, with what formed the US and what we have become?

The Constitution is the document of Oath.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:14 AM

779 posts, read 537,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Why would you assume the right to assign your idea of freedom as the example the rest of us should follow? I've read a number of your posts and your ideas with regard to individual liberties in no way mirror mine.

I have to laugh at people that think their partisan based and twisted ideas of freedom are in any way reflective of the ideas and wishes of others.
Have a look in the mirror.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies