Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 06:33 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,926 times

Advertisements

(MoneyWatch)* U.S. taxpayers may be on the hook to bail out big banks -- again. The Financial Times is reporting that taxpayers will subsidize a large portion of the $25 billion mortgage settlement, which was broken down into two distinct pieces:

Are US taxpayers bailing out big banks again? - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 06:51 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Obama's not going to let any of his largest donors lose money, that would be stupid.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:54 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,849,553 times
Oh for pete's sake. I'm not supposed to use the strong language this calls for.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Obama's not going to let any of his largest donors lose money, that would be stupid.
This has nothing to do with obama. Can't you stay on topic?

Old 02-19-2012, 06:58 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
This has nothing to do with obama. Can't you stay on topic?
It has everything to do with Obama and his continuation of obviously failed policies. If you and the occupy buffoons you support would wake up to these undeniable facts thinking adults might consider taking you seriously.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
It has everything to do with Obama and his continuation of obviously failed policies. If you and the occupy buffoons you support would wake up to these undeniable facts thinking adults might consider taking you seriously.

obama did not create this housing mess.
These banks should be paying the piper.
I could careless whether you take me seriously or not, but perhaps if you could hold an on topic conversation without the juvenile name calling you would have something with some weight and validity to offer.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
obama did not create this housing mess.
These banks should be paying the piper.
I could careless whether you take me seriously or not, but perhaps if you could hold an on topic conversation without the juvenile name calling you would have something with some weight and validity to offer.
Obama has utterly failed to hold those responsible for the housing debacle accountable, as did his predecessor.

My post was completely on topic. Sorry you were unable to comprehend it. Can't say I'm surprised as you think the occupy movement is somehow (despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary) interested in anything other than their personal gain at the expense of the working class they deceptively claim to support.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
at 16 trillion its no longer a hook its a crucifix.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Obama has utterly failed to hold those responsible for the housing debacle accountable, as did his predecessor.

My post was completely on topic. Sorry you were unable to comprehend it.

No you aren't on topic, you took to personal attacks, brought up OWS.....which has nothing to do with this whatsoever.

obama isn't going to hold anyone accountable for this mess nor is anyone (with the exception of paul) because in large part those that created this mess have also bought these politicians. Therefore, it is up to the taxpayers to say
NO!

Old 02-19-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
No you aren't on topic, you took to personal attacks, brought up OWS.....which has nothing to do with this whatsoever.

obama isn't going to hold anyone accountable for this mess nor is anyone (with the exception of paul) because in large part those that created this mess have also bought these politicians. Therefore, it is up to the taxpayers to say
NO!
Seems there is finally a point upon which you and I agree. Paul is the only candidate that wants to hold the abusers accountable for their actions.

With regard to your claim of personal attack I suggest you grow a thicker skin. My previous posts disputed your oft professed ideology and were in no way personal.

Last edited by outbacknv; 02-19-2012 at 07:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies