Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2012, 08:49 AM

988 posts, read 1,205,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Worst case is he gets killed.

Well I'm glad I don't live next door to you because I'd hate to have me or my family get hit by a stray round when you open fire and start a firefight while trying to stop someone from stealing the neighbor's flat screen TV. Get a clue. My life is worth more than any property. How about yours? I know.....I'm a coward

It's called common sense. You should try it sometime......
Hysteria much?

It's called hoplophobia, and you should seek help for it sometime.................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 08:49 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,365,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
But, he didn't do that, did he?

He was on his OWN property and fire INTO the ground.
Yes, he did. Please feel free to actually get up to speed on what really happened and then try again.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:54 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,315,840 times
Quote:
He was NOT required to have a Concealed Carry Permit under NH law, so your premise is not applicable..

"A person may carry a handgun openly upon his person"

New Hampshire Gun Laws - What are the Gun Laws in New Hampshire?
The right to openly carry a gun does not give you the right to be a vigilante. Show me where the 2nd amendment says you can play cop.

Quote:
Example, " A Castle Doctrine (also known as a Castle Law or a Defense of Habitation Law) is an American legal doctrine that designates a person's abode (or, in some states, any place legally occupied, such as a car or place of work) as a place in which the person has certain protections and immunities and may in certain circumstances attack an intruder without becoming liable to prosecution.[
Why didn't you put the rest of text from your own link

Quote:
Typically deadly force is considered justified, and a defense of justifiable homicide applicable, in cases "when the actor reasonably fears imminent peril of death or serious bodily harm to himself or another".[1]

Old 02-22-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Hope it does. Would love to see Mass relax some of its gun laws. Dont ever expect to see the day when they will recipricate with NH as 22 other states do. But to see em relaxed a little bit would be a pleasent surprise.
You and me both. MA doesn't recognize any other state's permit at the moment but the national right to carry bill may make that point moot anyway.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:57 AM

Too many action movies, I blame hollywood.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:57 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,214,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
You assume much. Anyone with an IQ over 50 would understand that "the ground" on one's own property is usually not the same direction as the window of a neighbor's house, in fact there would be more than a 90 degree diffference.
Start at the top and read thru, the gunman was NOT on his land. He was roaming the neighborhood vigilant style looking for trouble. Fortunately he didn't come upon a real cop investigating another call, he might be dead.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
He was NOT required to have a Concealed Carry Permit under NH law, so your premise is not applicable..

"A person may carry a handgun openly upon his person"

New Hampshire Gun Laws - What are the Gun Laws in New Hampshire?

Repeat, in NH you do NOT need a CCP to carry a gun openly. see above.

Example, " A Castle Doctrine (also known as a Castle Law or a Defense of Habitation Law) is an American legal doctrine that designates a person's abode (or, in some states, any place legally occupied, such as a car or place of work) as a place in which the person has certain protections and immunities and may in certain circumstances attack an intruder without becoming liable to prosecution.[
Note I said carry concealed. Can you cite NH law on concealed carry? Apparently you were never taught that multiple wrongs don't make a right as you keep posting wrong info over and over again.....

Old 02-22-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3781 View Post
Hysteria much?

It's called hoplophobia, and you should seek help for it sometime.................
No, my friend, it's called common sense and unfortunately for you there's no help available for people who suffer from an acute lack thereof.....

Old 02-22-2012, 09:01 AM

Does this mean I can start shooting people who illegally deal drugs out in the open? They are breaking the law after all

Old 02-22-2012, 09:03 AM

988 posts, read 1,205,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Does this mean I can start shooting people who illegally deal drugs out in the open? They are breaking the law after all
I believe that is against the law, but you'd get no complaint from me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies