Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 11:15 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,183,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
It's a teenage tantrum, really.

"I don't give a crap what you think", accompanied by obscenities, throwing a dish across the room, slamming the door, etc.

That's aggression. We're a nation of perpetual adolescents.
Who said anything about obscenities, throwing things around a room, or slamming doors.

Talk about stretching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
With a cute face like that, I can forgive a smaller chest area.

I don't like implants anyways.
4GR33D. SH3'S 4DOR4BL3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
As proven by the opening post in this thread, which is more "adolescent" than anyone getting a tattoo.

'FOMG I DUN LIEK TEH TATTOZ IMMA CRY ABOUT IT AND TRY AND BAN IT"
Agreed. The concept of a blanket ban is a lot more aggressive and adolescent than getting a tattoo.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:18 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,051,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Who said anything about obscenities, throwing things around a room, or slamming doors.

Talk about stretching!

4GR33D. SH3'S 4DOR4BL3.

Agreed. The concept of a blanket ban is a lot more aggressive and adolescent than getting a tattoo.
Next thing ya know, the OP will be pontificating on banning mini skirts and push up bras.
Oh wait.....did I just give him an idea about for tomorrows rant?

Old 02-22-2012, 11:18 AM

78,599 posts, read 60,785,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
LOL.... I see in the future a bunch of 90 year old women sitting in rest homes with Thug Life tattooed on their necks and upper breast
Nah. They will never live to see 90.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:19 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,054,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Next thing ya know, the OP will be pontificating on banning mini skirts and push up bras.
Oh wait.....did I just give him an idea about for tomorrows rant?
Robes made of cotton and no shaving/haircuts for all!

Old 02-22-2012, 11:19 AM

78,599 posts, read 60,785,925 times
Quote:
They should be banned because tattooing has become an act of aggression, a visual assault on public decency, a form of pollution in fact. We ban certain forms of pollution. We can ban tattoo parlors again.
I want a ban on stupidity but I'm not holding my breath.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:22 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,669,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Possibly, but even fascists don't care for misogynists. And I'm female.

Dont sass me you inkster groupie!

Old 02-22-2012, 11:23 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,233,758 times
Quote:
an act of aggression, a visual assault on public decency, a form of pollution

That's a Rest in Peace tattoo for my dad, who was killed several years ago.

What about that is aggressive and a visual assault on decency? It's located on my left arm and can't be seen when I have short sleeved shirt on. I also got this tattoo when I was in the Navy then had it colored in last year.

Think before you speak, man because there's always exceptions to everything. Oh and by the way, it's called Freedom of Speech, the 1st amendment. Ever hear of it?

Old 02-22-2012, 11:25 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,614,969 times
City Considers Banning Tattoos From Parks

"According to the Bettendorf Parks and Recreation director, the new measure would require anyone with tattoos or piercings to cover up before visiting a park. The director also says the measure would be designed to help employees understand how to handle a situation involving offensive body art or clothing."

Good for them!

Maybe banning tattoo shops isn't the way to go. I'm a reasonable man and open to compromise. It's enough to take back our public space and require folks to cover up. The exhibitionists can display their body art to each other in private, normal people get their parks and streets back, and everybody's happy.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:26 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,054,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I want a ban on stupidity but I'm not holding my breath.
It WOULD lessen topics like these.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:27 AM

18,737 posts, read 33,444,122 times
It's certainly become a fad to get a tattoo to commemorate virtually anything, a death, a birth, an affiliation.
I got a tiny tattoo on my left forearm of a symbol I really liked to look at- went to a drunk sailor place at a port city because it was still illegal in Massachusetts. I could put a band-aid over it if I wanted to hide it or wear longer sleeves. I am irrationally annoyed that I got a tattoo in 1980 before it was so cool and now everyone has them.
I personally don't like to see someone's neck or exposed back and it looks like they've been beaten with a baseball bat (like having long quotes, etc.) but that is certainly that person's business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies