Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 11:34 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Dear America,

Please get over your freakish obsession with human graffiti. Tattoos are trashy, ugly, and unhealthy. Especially on women.

It doesn't have to be this way. New York didn't legalize tattoo shops until 1997. They were banned once, they should be banned again.

Peace, out.
"3. Culture. It's the American thing to do. Harmless cultural peculiarities are a good thing."

For someone who talks about the choice to, as some would call it, "mutilate your child's genitals" with circumcision I find it funny that you choose to start a thread condoning the choice for people to get tattoos. Are you normally a hypocrite or is your opinion the only one that matters in this world?

It's a person's choice. Just like what car to buy, what clothes to wear and what TV show to watch.

Should parents have the right to have their infant son circumcised?

Old 02-22-2012, 11:35 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Next thing ya know, the OP will be pontificating on banning mini skirts and push up bras.
Oh wait.....did I just give him an idea about for tomorrows rant?
Or breastfeeding in public.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:37 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,607,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I'm in favor of breastfeeding in public. All my kids have been breastfed in public. (Discreetly, of course.)

Old 02-22-2012, 11:39 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
I'm in favor of breastfeeding in public. All my kids have been breastfed in public. (Discreetly, of course.)
Breastfeed in public but can't show off art as freedom of expression?

How backwards can you get? That supposed ban that the city is considering goes against the Freedom of Speech.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:40 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
I've encountered women who wish the "tramp stamp" fad had never occurred because......you guessed it.....those women have the stamp. And they're stuck with it.

I myself wish that the tattoo fad had never reared its ugly head. It makes me wonder if the number of people with multiple visible tatoos have confidence problems? "Don't look at me....look at my tattoos."

I won't hire someone who walks in with a tatoo visible to the naked eye during the course of business dealings during business hours. That includes tattoos below the elbow, on the neck, or anywhere else that is visible without having to perform style gymnastics with their clothing.

I agree with the OP wholeheartedly.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:41 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
They should be banned because you dont like em? What about things you like and others dont, should they be banned too?
You mean like women and their control of their bodies and life.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:41 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

Only should be allowed if they are sportin some 38D's

Dont want to see a baby licking a wall

Old 02-22-2012, 11:43 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Well, I have to admit I'm somewhat surprised (but pleasantly) at that.

Now if we could just keep you out of the rest of of our lives and personal choices.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:43 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,607,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
"3. Culture. It's the American thing to do. Harmless cultural peculiarities are a good thing."

For someone who talks about the choice to, as some would call it, "mutilate your child's genitals" with circumcision I find it funny that you choose to start a thread condoning the choice for people to get tattoos. Are you normally a hypocrite or is your opinion the only one that matters in this world?

It's a person's choice. Just like what car to buy, what clothes to wear and what TV show to watch.

Should parents have the right to have their infant son circumcised?
Circumcision has a net positive impact on society, tattoos a negative one.

Oh, but who am I to judge?

I swear this "choice" mantra totally rots the brain.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:44 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,231,338 times
Quote:
It's a teenage tantrum, really.

"I don't give a crap what you think", accompanied by obscenities, throwing a dish across the room, slamming the door, etc.

That's aggression. We're a nation of perpetual adolescents.
Yeah, I steer clear of people with tats when I see them coming, lest I get hit with a flying dish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies