Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 01:33 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,666,902 times

Advertisements

Wussies afraid to stand up for themselves and have an old school fist fight in the parking lot. Instead they want to bring a gun. Further proof of the growing pu$$ification of America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 01:35 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
Maybe the reasons people shoot up their schools is the same reasons gangs shoot up their own neighborhoods?

Old 02-27-2012, 01:35 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,864,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I think Tim Wise sums it up best:

"Most whites live in a state of self-delusion. We think danger is black or brown, not to mention poor, and if we can just move far enough away from “those people,” we’ll be safe. If we can just find an “all-American” town, life will be better, because “things like this just don’t happen here.”
You have got to be kidding me. Incidents like this are completely random and so uncommon they mean absolutely nothing statistically.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:36 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
That's a great statement coming from a guy who claims to be an anti-racist and writes books about being color blind.
I'm dying to read how a white guy, writing about white people is a racist.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:37 PM

71 posts, read 92,221 times
Quote:
Why do these "beast" and "animals" take guns to school and indiscriminately shoot their fellow classmates? And why do suburban parents, when interviewed, never fail to mention that such things never happen like this in their nice communities?

1 dead, 4 wounded in shooting at Cleveland-area high school
You don't know any of that yet. You don't know that he was indisriminate at all in his shooting. Maybe the students he shot bullied him and made his life miserable. Maybe he knew exactly who he was shooting. Maybe he had complained to the school administration in the past and they did nothing which is the usual course of action even when teachers complain about bully students. Maybe he was totally justified in his mind to "take care of the problem" himself.

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
More of this will lead to less shootings.

Kid Beats Up Bully - YouTube

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
I would swear that you would have said welfare, multiculturalism and liberal policies...

But you are right this a small "rural" community just like mine... 4,000 +/-, or course I'm not sure how being 1.5 miles from Philadelphia and not a cornfield in between makes us rural just based upon population, but your right Chardon has trees separating it from Plainsville, Ohio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Chardon while small still is considered a Cleveland suburb. Well, maybe more of an exurb. At any rate, there are inner ring suburbs in the Cleveland area such as places like North Randall that have only about 500 people.

I guess its the way this long islander looks at numbers....the population of my 'village' is 40k which is part of the "town" of hempstead with a population of 759k...which is a suburb of NYC

so when somebody says population of 5k (less than the population of the of the school age kids in my village) (8k (according to the school report))...I think of rural.....

guess it all depends on where in the country

Old 02-27-2012, 01:38 PM

576 posts, read 586,400 times
Quote:
He's not racist, just an uncle Tom

Old 02-27-2012, 01:39 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times
Quote:
I didn't say he was a racist, maybe you should learn to read.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:40 PM

576 posts, read 586,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I didn't say he was a racist, maybe you should learn to read.

But then he would be actin' white
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies