Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 01:52 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Racism will always exist. As much as people dont like it, as long as you have 2 people on this planet, one will always dislike the other for something.
What I want is an acknowledgment that this happens in schools at jobs and other organizations. I know that when someone black makes a mistake or does something wrong they suffer much harsher consequences.
Its what I call the "we got one"policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 01:53 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Racism will always exist. As much as people dont like it, as long as you have 2 people on this planet, one will always dislike the other for something.
Oh....I forgot all about this one. Its the attempt to "Normalize" the situation. It's the "everyone does it" means of deflection. Instead of dealing with the wrong one attempts to normalize the wrong. It's like being stopped by a state trooper for speeding and trying to get off with the line "Everyone was speeding".

Old 02-28-2012, 01:53 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,247,012 times
These so called racism investigators have an agenda and are going to find what they want to find. They can film dozens of hours of video and then edit to suit their purposes. How about another experiment a white person walking down the street at night alone in an all black neighborhood and vice versa. I wonder which one will be the victim of racism first. I'm betting the white person will get more than just "flack".
Anyone who is truly interested in fighting racism in the US should focus their efforts on African Americans who are the perpetrators of the vast majority of violent racist attacks. That would require putting away the race card and being honest, not hypocritical, and there isn't the same potential for a law$uit payoff, so why bother?

Old 02-28-2012, 01:56 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
What I want is an acknowledgment that this happens in schools at jobs and other organizations. I know that when someone black makes a mistake or does something wrong they suffer much harsher consequences.
Its what I call the "we got one"policy.
That incident was a microcosm of what happens across the board in this society because the reaction came from a cross section of peoples. It could however, be destorted by regional propensities of bias.

This type of stuff impacts people lives and the outcome of their lives over the years.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:56 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
These so called racism investigators have an agenda and are going to find what they want to find. They can film dozens of hours of video and then edit to suit their purposes. How about another experiment a white person walking down the street at night alone in an all black neighborhood and vice versa. I wonder which one will be the victim of racism first. I'm betting the white person will get more than just "flack".
Anyone who is truly interested in fighting racism in the US should focus their efforts on African Americans who are the perpetrators of the vast majority of violent racist attacks. That would require putting away the race card and being honest, not hypocritical, and there isn't the same potential for a law$uit payoff, so why bother?
No experiment was needed to see how racism works, all one needs to do is read internet forums.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:57 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
I don't get it. Doesn't everybody have a cell phone nowadays? If you see a crime happening and don't want to get involved (most normal people don't), call 911 and report what you saw.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
It wasn't set up for that. It was done to see would people get involved with someone stealing a bike. This result just happened. My point is that none of these people would consider that racism affects how they react to situations in the world of work and school and many other things. If people understand that they can look out for it.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:00 PM

994 posts, read 725,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Notice how much flack the black kid gets. Thats the way it works in society too.
I guess that's what happens when you're in a demographic that's statistically 8 times more likely to be a criminal than the other demographic.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
That incident was a microcosm of what happens across the board in this society because the reaction came from a cross section of peoples. It could however, be destorted by regional propensities of bias.

This type of stuff impacts people lives and the outcome of their lives over the years.
Thats my point with it. Blacks get fired, suspended, demoted for things their white counter parts get away with or are giving a pass for all the time.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I don't get it. Doesn't everybody have a cell phone nowadays? If you see a crime happening and don't want to get involved (most normal people don't), call 911 and report what you saw.
They did. On the black kid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies