Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 01:12 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"some dumb ass dem broad" You know a party is is trouble when it's own supporters feel this way about the Chair of the Democrat National Committee.

don't paint me as a dem, not my party... I may sound like a dem, but I have been registered as a R for 16 out of the last 20 years.

either way, i have never voted a straight ticket, a candidate needs to earn my vote.

but, yeah, Whatshername is a good heir to dean...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 01:39 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Truth be told .. Hard core Conservatives are abandoning Fox in droves!
Actually they are leaving ALL of televised 'news' and going elsewhere!
To where? Right-wing blogsites? If so, all they'll get there is a regurgitation of FOX.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:42 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
To where? Right-wing blogsites? If so, all they'll get there is a regurgitation of FOX.
Nah. The blog sites are a more extreme version of Fox, with the left's perspective completely eliminated, as opposed to merely sidelined and mocked. It's where you turn when even Fox has too many facts.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:43 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Pleas give us those sources.
New York Times
Washington Post
The local TV stations
St. Louis Post Dispatch
Google News
Al Jazeera US (actually, one of the most balanced media outlets in the country)
Free Speech TV (more radically left than FOX is radically right)
Los Angeles Times
World-newspapers.com

The list of alternative sources goes on and on. Are you unaware of them?

If you're REALLY interested in digging out the truth of any story, the internet is your friend. Try it some time. You might be surprised at what you can learn.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:48 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,406,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
How come when they discuss issues on Fox, they interview one person from each party?

They just had Debbie Wasserman Schultz on 5 minutes ago giving her opinion on our energy problem.

How can you call that biased?
some shows on Fox News are more balanced than others, but simply interviewing one person "from each party" doesn't lead to a conclusion that there is not a bias. In fact, they could interview whomever they want, as long as they cover facts and not try to spin things. More than Fox is guilty of this. Some shows on Fox News are horrendoues though - but that's how it is designed. Anyone who doesn't see that is blind.

I wish we had some decent journalists on ANY channel these days.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Tell us that MSNBC is straight down the line and un-biased.
how is this a defense of Fox News? See, that's where fans of Fox have it wrong. Countering what they view as a liberal bias (i'm not denying it, i don't watch any of those channels anymore really) with a conservative bias is not fixing the problem. How about countering it with journalism people can respect?

Old 02-29-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'm not arguing against Jon. Where did you get the idea that I did? I don't watch Fox, nor listen to mainstream RW talk radio. I'm adding in that too bad Jon doesn't critique his own side as well, at least he'd be unbiased and bipartisan if he did that. If he can't criticize his own "team" then he's just as bad as the rest of them
i've seen plenty of episodes where he critiques "his own side". he has made fun of msnbc and cnn quite a bit as well as Fox - it's just that Fox and Friends is providing so much material that's difficult for a comedian to pass up.

did you not see the Daily Show the week the Anthony Weiner stuff happened? How about how he talks about Charlie Rengle all the time?

Old 02-29-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
You should actually try watching The Daily Show sometime. The other networks don't provide the goldmine of lies, distortions, transparent partisanship, and ridiculous statements that Fox delivers, but they still get attacked on a regular basis.

Or go dig up the clip of Jon Stewart going after CNN while appearing on CNN.
Crossfire! That's a classic clip. He railed into those guys.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:53 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Al Jazeera US (actually, one of the most balanced media outlets in the country)
Agreed. Al Jazeera does a surprisingly good job.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:52 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Agreed. Al Jazeera does a surprisingly good job.
Actually I gotta agree. I was in Philly for a few weeks and there was an English language Russian broadcast station that covered world news very well. I figured it would be wacked out, but they were straight down the middle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies