Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2012, 03:20 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,117,591 times

Advertisements

By the way... it appears that Zullo's BS story about the "Government Official" meeting Obama at Bill Ayer's parent's was a 30 year later recollection of a mailman.

Barack Obama

Old 03-01-2012, 03:27 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,396,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
By the way... it appears that Zullo's BS story about the "Government Official" meeting Obama at Bill Ayer's parent's was a 30 year later recollection of a mailman.

Barack Obama
Hello, Newman!

Old 03-01-2012, 03:36 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,548,452 times
So is Obama still American or what?

Old 03-01-2012, 03:42 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,956,165 times
Stunning.

1) They claim O’s BC is a fake because THEY made a fake, and it didn’t match? WTF?

2) Expert opinions on graphics with no one named as the “expert.”

3) An unnamed “person of interest in the fraud.”

4) A claim about missing INS records without a shred of proof.

5) Backed up by anonymous affidavits.

Oh, well then… Case closed, obviously.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:47 PM

Okay... I've been loathe to mention this, but I must.

Denver is not a big town. We pretend we are because we're the State Capitol and all... but really, we're not. We are smaller than Nashville, or El Paso, or Charlotte, North Carolina. As a result, our local news media is very fastidious about covering injury accidents, especially when caused by a drunk driver. Here's an example of the kind of story that gets in our local papers regularly:

Quote:
3 injured in three-car crash in Aurora

February 11, 2012 4:10 AM GMT
The Denver Post

A three-car accident in Aurora after a 17-year-old driver ran a stop sign had three people rushed to the hospital tonight.

Lt. Charles DeShazer, a spokesman for the Aurora Police, said a 17-year-old boy was driving a pickup truck east on 11th Avenue and ran a stop sign, hitting a minivan that was southbound on Airport Boulevard. When the minivan was hit, it spun into the northbound lanes of the road and was hit again by another pickup truck on Airport Boulevard.

The 17-year-old driver, a child in the minivan and the driver of the second pickup were all transported to the hospital.

DeShazer said the child had facial lacerations but he did not know the condition of the child. The driver of the second pickup truck had minor injuries when he was transported. The condition of the juvenile driver was also unknown.

Police are investigating the possibility that alcohol was involved.

Deshazer said the driver will be ticketed, but said charges are pending the investigation.

Read more: 3 injured in three-car crash in Aurora - The Denver Post 3 injured in three-car crash in Aurora - The Denver Post
Now... here's the problem. Steve McGarrett posts to The Fogbow from an IP address registered to New Castle, Pennsylvania... not anywhere near Denver. And several people have been searching all day for any record of an injury car crash in Aurora, CO on Monday.

Nothing.

Steve said this morning that the driver is still being held until his blood alcohol returns to normal. That was 66 hours after Steve first announced that he had gotten a call about his daughter's accident. But even the worst drunk takes less than 35 hours for blood alcohol to return to normal.

I would love nothing more than to be wrong, because I genuinely think its horrific and unconscionable that somebody would make up a story about his daughter being involved in a horrible accident and becoming an amputee. But frankly... I think we're being played.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:49 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,071,772 times
OK, when nothing happened by 1 PM MST, I did something more practical; I went to Target. Now I'm back and reading this. It's hilarious! My comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You guys need to get the narrative aligned - claudhopper is arguing that the profusion of media signing up for the event is an indication of Birferism gaining acceptance over here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...igibility.html

So, which is it? Beleaguered minority, ignored silent majority or breakthrough to national significance? That is of course excluding my personal guess: The media has shown up to point and laugh.
It's whatever makes the birthers look more like victims. Whatever accusation fits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I have roysoldboy on ignore and I post in his threads too, what's your point?
Yeah, me too. Still waiting to hear what the point is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidArizona View Post
This once great state is now a laughtingstock I really have to move and/or change my user name at least
It would probably be cheaper just to change your name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
They actually found the Placenta and Umbilical chord and using the newest in CSI technology found the fecal matter of the Birthus Disgustus Beetle that can only be found in Kenya.
I about spewed chai all over my computer with that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Anybody with a functional brain knew this a long time ago. Now what?
Will Sheriff Joe suffer a 'natural' death like Breitbart?
My God, another conspiracy theory!

Quote:
No Syeve. Not everything is true. Not even in New Castle, Pennsylvania.
Is Steve from New Castle? I'm from Beaver Falls!

Old 03-01-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Is Steve from New Castle? I'm from Beaver Falls!
My Mom & Dad (and older siblings) were born in Erie.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:53 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,969,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Hello, Newman!
That was hilarious, and caught me completely by surprise!

Old 03-01-2012, 03:55 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,071,772 times
Quote:
My Mom & Dad (and older siblings) were born in Erie.

Cool! A bunch of western Pennsylvanians!

Old 03-01-2012, 04:00 PM

190 posts, read 499,233 times
It doesn't matter where Obama was born. He was and still is woefully unqualified to run anything more complicated than a microwave.

The voters will right this wrong in Nov.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies