Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2013, 12:10 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I have yet to meet anyone who begins by claiming this who doesn't prove the exact opposite, and usually in their very next sentence. This poster proves the point.

Sorry, but after four years and the wealth of information out there that definitively proves otherwise, if you still are questioning the president's birth records, then yes, you are a birther.
Wow, the drive by crowd is really out today!

Old 03-01-2013, 12:15 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
It's human nature to gawk at idiots, and for sheer idiocy, birthers never disappoint.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:19 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
To be fair, the post that you started by claiming you were not a birther (and that then proceeded to credulously go full birther and swallow the Arpiao fake "investigation" hook line and sinker) is exactly a year old. So... while the claim that you were not a birther was demonstrably absurd then, you may have had a change of heart since.

Please, be explicit. Do you or do you not accept that Barack Obama is a natural born US citizen, and fully eligible for the job he holds?

Old 03-01-2013, 12:20 PM

26,577 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
legitimate question for you jim and i'm not trying to be insultive :

are there any aspects to the birther debate you feel are unanswered?

Old 03-01-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
To be fair, the post that you started by claiming you were not a birther (and that then proceeded to credulously go full birther and swallow the Arpiao fake "investigation" hook line and sinker) is almost a year old. So... while the claim that you were not a birther was demonstrably absurd then, you may have had a change of heart since.

Please, be explicit. Do you or do you not accept that Barack Obama is a natural born US citizen, and fully eligible for the job he holds?
Ok, When I made that post wayyy back then it was in response to the TV NEWS reports that SCREAMED it all day long and none of them inferred,stated or suggested anything but that Arpaio had a viable complaint and either had or would have evidence to support it. I started the post the way I did in the obviously mistaken belief that somebody might just take me at my word and actually read further getting the intended idea that I was commenting on what THE NEWS had put out there and the possible ramifications.

Did I and do I believe that Obama is/was eligible to be president with respect to his citizenship? Yep. It didn't make sense that his opponents with all the opposition research they do didn't find it but in politics strange things do happen as evidenced by "the Donald" and his made for TV run/not run/run/not run.

Also please be clear, while I believe he's eligible with respect to being a citizen that's where my opinion of his eligibility ends.

Fair enough?

Old 03-01-2013, 12:46 PM

26,577 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
It didn't make sense that his opponents with all the opposition research they do didn't find it......
yep. between romney and mccain $1.5 BILLION was spent to defeat obama in 2008 and 20012.

Quote:
.... but in politics strange things do happen as evidenced by "the Donald"....
ain't that the truth.

Quote:
Also please be clear, while I believe he's eligible with respect to being a citizen that's where my opinion of his eligibility ends.

Fair enough?
fair enough ( altho i change "eligibility" to "qualifications". eligibility is simply 35,14&NBC ).

Old 03-01-2013, 12:53 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Ok, When I made that post wayyy back then it was in response to the TV NEWS reports that SCREAMED it all day long and none of them inferred,stated or suggested anything but that Arpaio had a viable complaint and either had or would have evidence to support it.
So... you are admitting that at the time you made the post you had swallowed the fake Arpaio investigation hook line and sinker. By any definition, this is an admission that you knew were promoting the birther position in the rest of the post that followed. Why then do you now object to the fact that people correctly recognized your preface as untrue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj
I started the post the way I did in the obviously mistaken belief that somebody might just take me at my word and actually read further getting the intended idea that I was commenting on what THE NEWS had put out there and the possible ramifications.
This may come as a shock to you, but we already knew that. Nobody was fooled for a second by the preface in terms of its intended purpose. It is a classic birther ploy designed to try and sucker in the uninformed to read tendentious nonsense that they otherwise would not choose to read. You fully admit here that this was exactly your intention.

So please, it's time to drop the pretense. If you are offended that we all correctly interpreted what you said and what you meant, that's not e reflection on anybody other than the offended party. If you have changed your mind since, good for you. But when you wrote that post a year ago today, the claim that you were not a birther deserved all of the mockery it is getting now.

Quote:
Did I and do I believe that Obama is/was eligible to be president with respect to his citizenship? Yep.
So now your continued presence in this thread is completely inexplicable.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:57 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
What does the highlighted portion mean?

Old 03-02-2013, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
So... you are admitting that at the time you made the post you had swallowed the fake Arpaio investigation hook line and sinker. By any definition, this is an admission that you knew were promoting the birther position in the rest of the post that followed. Why then do you now object to the fact that people correctly recognized your preface as untrue?
No, all I admit was that I was discussing the news of the day. But nice try at reading something in that wasn't said and attempting to twist what was said.

Quote:
This may come as a shock to you, but we already knew that. Nobody was fooled for a second by the preface in terms of its intended purpose. It is a classic birther ploy designed to try and sucker in the uninformed to read tendentious nonsense that they otherwise would not choose to read. You fully admit here that this was exactly your intention.
Really? Then I guess what is being done with respect to this post is a classic example of an Obamafile and right out of Rahm's play book. Attack,call names and obfuscate whenever anyone even whispers anything that might be viewed as negative to his eminence.

Quote:
So please, it's time to drop the pretense. If you are offended that we all correctly interpreted what you said and what you meant, that's not e reflection on anybody other than the offended party. If you have changed your mind since, good for you. But when you wrote that post a year ago today, the claim that you were not a birther deserved all of the mockery it is getting now.

So now your continued presence in this thread is completely inexplicable.
Hmmm, we all? What all two or three? Well that's a huge majority isn't it?
I don't understand some people who are so wrapped up in this Alice in Wonderland game called politics that they feel there's got to be some hidden agenda behind every word said or move made, even if they have to create it out of thin air. Grace Slick had the perfect lyrics for describing your type of thinking.
I highly suggest you listen to Alice
When she's ten feet tall
And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell them a hookah-smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call
Call Alice when she was just small
When the men on the chess board
Get up and tell you where to go
And you just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving slow
Go ask Alice
I think she'll know
When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's lost her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head
Feed your head
(Courtesy of Jefferson Airplane.)

Old 03-02-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
What does the highlighted portion mean?
What it means is while he met the requirements for birth and chronological age that's where his qualification for the job ends in my opinion.
I probably should've used the term "qualified" instead of "eligibility", my error. Thank you for pointing that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies