Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 02:07 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Obviously these people turn into mindless animals when attending.
Why is that?

Shooting at Arizona Club Leaves 13 Hurt - TIME (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2108245,00.html - broken link)
First the Cosby thread, now this, what does that tell me?

I never listen to Rap music as I don't like the whole aura it has. And musically it is too aggressive and boring for me. If I were into rhymes, I could always read a poem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 02:10 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
No, we need to ban ignorant rap artists from playing on radio stations promoting their dumb ignorant ways. Dumb artists atract a dumb audience and let me assure you, not all rap is like this. I can tell you a bunch of rappers who are positive and have (for the most part) an intelligent fan base and something like this wouldn't happen at a concert of theirs.

Rap used to be fun, until it was commercialized into "drugs, b**ches, thug glorification" like this. Let the thugs kill each other at the concerts like this, I can assure you chances are the artists of the concert were terrible and ignorant-rhyming and the people attending they probably weren't destined to be the next leaders of America.

I love my black people...I just hate n*ggas (I.e. the shooters at said concer).
But I love rap that has misogynistic lyrics. I used to have a problem with that kind of rap, but not anymore.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
The scariest part is that there are people that consider rap.... music these days

Rap and hip hop as an art form dies with Tupac and Biggie

Of course you have the mindless American idiot who defends it ...... no surprise, many have no class
Hip hop didn't start with Tupac and Biggie, and i won't die without them. And if you really knew anything about hip hop as an art form, you'd know that even those two at the top of their game weren't as good as a dozen other people at that same art. So, you exposed yourself as a dilettante musically with that statement.

Secondly, "consider rap to be music?"

Let's be real, after Jazz, what should be considered music has a long dropoff. Like, if Jazz is at the top of Mt. Everest (it is), everything else isn't even at the bottom of the mountain. Hell, it's not even in the same country. So don't be so damn haughty when talking about what should be considered music because as far as i'm concerned, if you don't think Coltrane is God (and i'm SURE that YOU don't), you should be shot. And i'm far more correct than you are.

So of course i defend rap....just like Rock and Roll needed defending from people like you in the late 40's and early 50's.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:23 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
We should ban music, dancing, alcoholic beverages, and all gatherings of more than 1 person.

[and we should also ban fire]

Old 03-03-2012, 02:25 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
We should ban music, dancing, alcoholic beverages, and all gatherings of more than 1 person.

[and we should also ban fire]
Yay! This is reminding me of Prohibition.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:33 PM

161 posts, read 141,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidArizona View Post
here's a novel idea, if you don't like rap don't go to their concerts, and leave big, intrusive, overreaching government regulations out of it
No.. no... it's ok for the government to ban it, cause this person doesn't like it. Saying that it's a "rap concert" that caused the shooting, is like saying that by allowing the the shooter to have guns, they shot those people, and so you should ban people from having guns. Cause owning a gun turns you into animals.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:37 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,911,642 times
I am no fan of rap. In fact I believe you can't spell Crap without Rap. But I believe banning rap concerts would be government over reaching its powers.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:32 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
But I love rap that has misogynistic lyrics. I used to have a problem with that kind of rap, but not anymore.
What a surprise.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:57 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Stupid. They said the same thing about metal.

If it actually becomes an issue then they can improve security at these venues or whatever. In DC there's often violence associated with this style of music called go-go... well now MPD (and PGPD) keep up on any go-go shows going on and make sure there's an increased police presence, mainly around the time when the shows are done.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:03 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,663,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Bumper sticker seen on a car at Norfolk General Hospital many years ago: "You can't spell crap without rap."

The driver was a giant black guy with a mohawk and a leather jacket with Conflict, Misfits, and Black Flag patches on it.
Arguing about if rap is better or worse than metal, rock, punk, country is like arguing chocolate cake is better than strawberry cake. Who gives a ****?

Personally, I like rap and can't stand metal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies