Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 02:20 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Ok bro, whatever... stop being offended because you have bad taste.... my favorite musicians are Mozart, Sinatra, The Doors, Iron Maiden, Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin and Led Zeppelin....

Yeah, I thought so...
Everything is better with metal.

And it's still pretty hypocritical. I'm not offended, it's just absurd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 09:15 PM

811 posts, read 550,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I'm not going to answer you direct question if I care about the disrespect to women in my personal life.

In a sense, a great number of those people talk smart and act all intelligent, thinking they're better than a normal person. These people literally talk bad about men all the talk and won't deal with any criticism while they're at it. And there's tons of broad singers making misandric songs. And those songs make a lot of sales. A lot of these people think it's okay to hit a human. But if he strikes back, it's over for him.

And I know the definition of misogyny pretty well. I can support more than just "misogynistic" rap. If those people face disrespect or discrimination, it's like whatever. And why do you keep bringing up women in my personal life anyway?

As for rapper Too Short, I doubt he's teaching boys how to do that. I'm sure the scandal was made up. Now boys do need good role models in their lives. Boys need to be taught to focus on their education and avoid those other people. Besides, boys get in trouble in school for nothing because of a lie a broad has told.
I know the type of people you're referring to, just say it, you're talking about feminists. And it's not the same when female artists do it. When female singers sing songs like being hurt by being cheated on, or lied to by a man, that's much different from "I got a b**** that do it crazy" "b**** ain't sh#$". The women are talking about bad a man did to them and these rappers are degrading women. If you support misogyny in rap, you're supportig ignorance, which makes you ignorant as well.

Again, i bring up women in your personal life because you said you support misogynistic lyrics so basically chances are you're some sort of a misogynist. Overall it says something about you as a person if you support that. And you keep avoiding the question because you know the lyrics wrong. I don't see the big deal, its a simple question. I didn't ask for specific names or anything else just a general question of how would you feel on something.

And no, the Too Short story wasn't made up. Google it. There was a video from XXL where he said it but it was taken off because of public outrage. Just type "Too Short Advice" and you'll havve your evidence.

"Because of a lie a broad has told". A broad? Like I said, I'm sure you have strong misogynistic tendencies in real life and you're probably the type to toss around the b-word like it's nothing. I've noticed with most fans of misogynistic rap they're the type to scream "yo look at that b**** right there!".

Old 03-04-2012, 09:34 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Four births and four deaths. Seems to balance out OK. (and I wouldn't be surprised if conceptions brought it back over to the positive side :-) )
If they had been using contraceptives you couldn't make this point.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:57 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
More breaking news: People used to get high at Grateful Dead concerts.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:03 PM

Btw, I just got back from performing in a classical music concert - at a church nonetheless - and this old lady bitched me out for eating a strawberry off the table they'd laid out for a private birthday party... even though the birthday boy (man) himself had told me to take one. Those darned classical church concerts are a fight waiting to happen, and I think we should ban them all!

Old 03-04-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
I don't want to take us off topic, but it's a little hypocritical to sit in the peanut gallery and talk about other peoples' tastes in music. Whatever you listen to is crap too. If it wasn't performed by a deaf German, I'm not interested.
I actually agree with this point, especially since I find Beethoven (if that's whom you're referring to here) to be a bit trite in terms of classical music. We actually performed Beethoven's 7th at my concert today, and it was a nice piece I admit... but I'll take composers like Prokofiev, Tchaikovsky, Mendelssohn, Borodin, Gershwin, Mahler, etc, over him any day. I do love me some Mozart, though, and he's probably even more "overplayed" than Beethoven. Goes to show, musical/artistic taste is highly subjective.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:29 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,560 times
You have to make those gangbangers STHU one way or another!

United States Special Forces - YouTube

N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton [Explicit] [HD] - YouTube

Old 03-05-2012, 06:44 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidArizona View Post
here's a novel idea, if you don't like rap don't go to their concerts, and leave big, intrusive, overreaching government regulations out of it

This! It's not hard! Don't like it, don't listen, watch, or attend their concerts! That goes for any form of entertainment. For the record, I'm not a big fan of today's rap music by any means. Give me the old school stuff from the early 2000s all the way back to the early 90s any day!

Old 03-05-2012, 08:03 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,818 times
Any type of entertainment that attracts young males is going to have violent incedents. Sad but true.

In my younger years I played guitar in a metal band and saw plenty of fights at gigs. I'm guessing I played around 100 shows so I have a pretty good sample size. Never had a shooting though.

That being said, I have been involved with a few rap/hip hop night type shows and they were 10 x worse. It was only a few so I can't come out and say all of them are nightmares but I would never do it again.

Never, ever, ever....

Old 03-05-2012, 08:11 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
This! Give me the old school stuff from the early 2000s all the way back to the early 90s any day!

Same here. Maybe it's the age difference (I'm 35) but I just cannot get into any of the new hip hop. It all sounds the same. I loved the stuff from "my era" late 80s thru 2000 or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies