Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 06:26 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,653,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie1125 View Post

I am in no way, shape or form a Palin supporter, but I remember when the liberals were calling her pregnant daughter a **** and a *****.

Also, when Bush was in office his daughters were called the same.

Now this message board is censoring words?

I'm not going to refute this because I can figure no way to find those quotes. If it is true that any media types called Palin's daughter a **** and a ***** as well as Bush's daughters, that is truly awful.

Can you please tell me who did this because I have no recollection of that and, if true, I would like to go back and see what commentators did that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 06:34 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,420 times
Rush is a pig and those of you defending him really should be ashamed of yourselves, but clearly you have none. If Rush all of a sudden decided he was voting for Obama, his mindless followers would do the same. Some RW talking head told you all to talk about Shultz, Maher and Letterman - what they have said has been addressed, when they said it. This is about Rush. Blindly following him and defending him just affirms that your brain is basically jello. So what if no woman called in to his show (where the calls are screened) and disagreed with him? There are plenty of woman disagreeing with him and just because the mindless sheople who hang on his every word like a cult refuse to stand up for what is right to the point of lying and disrespecting a woman that they know nothing about does not mean the majority of Americans agree. If your wife takes birth control pills, does that make her a ****? If your daughter takes birth control, is she a ****? If your insurance pays for it does it make you a pimp? Rush and his followers are a disgusting, low-life bunch of people and an embarassment to this country.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:15 AM

46,940 posts, read 25,969,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
And yet there are alternative treatments. Birth control pills are not the only method for treating what she stated as her condition.

http://conservativebyte.com/wp-conte...traception.jpg
Not her condition - didn't anyone read the transcript? Not that it matters.

I would've thought it a nice conservative idea that choice of treatment is left to to the attending doctor and the patient, not outside meddlers.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Let's just say that bc pills aren't available and there are a lot of pregnancies.
Those resulting kids go into the system for a minimum of 18 years.
Want to pay those costs?
Never mind the "system", just consider the cost of even an uncomplicated pregnancy.

Insurance companies, not being stupid, like to cover birth control because the cost of one unwanted pregnancy will cover oral contraceptives for hundreds of women. The only people who have their unmentionables in a wad are the religious cranks and the self-appointed moralists.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:31 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,674,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
This woman was used...by being denied an opportunity to speak at a Congressional hearing...by Republicans attempting to manipulate an issue.

If this is the case, then it's truly the latest evidence in the case for why Republican's should be outlawed from any position of authority or power for at least the next 25 years.
It was a congressional hearing, they don't just let anyone grab the microphone and waste the people's time. she was no expert on any issue, she was nothing but a 30 year old women's activist.

BTW, Georgetown is a university for the very wealthy. Tuition at that place is around $40,000 a year, and birth control pills are about $50 a month and a condom is 25 cents, but we are supposed to shed a tear for these students? I thought the dems were at war with the 1%, and now the dems want to give away free stuff to "the rich"??

Old 03-05-2012, 09:40 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,940 times
Obama is laughing because the distraction he needs and wanted came, partially due to his own doing, partially because Rush screwed up and said something really stupid.
We SHOULD be talking economy, gas, jobs. Obama does not want that.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Obama is laughing because the distraction he needs and wanted came, partially due to his own doing, partially because Rush screwed up and said something really stupid.
We SHOULD be talking economy, gas, jobs. Obama does not want that.
People should stop listening to Rush Limbaugh, agreed.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:45 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Sandra (floozy) Fluke is a "women's rights" activist. She has been around the block a few times. This is what she does.

She deserves no more protection from public ridicule than those from "Code Pink".
She's an activist, but not for true women's rights. If she truly wanted rights, she'd demand equality. And that means taking control of her own reproductive needs.

Women like this make me sick. They shriek about "not needing a man" and "being independent and self-sufficient", then cling to the government, expecting them to "rescue" them.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:46 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Not her condition - didn't anyone read the transcript? Not that it matters.

I would've thought it a nice conservative idea that choice of treatment is left to to the attending doctor and the patient, not outside meddlers.
Exactly. And that includes outside FUNDERS.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:51 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Absolutely. This was orchestrated, and it was for a distraction and to create fear among women voters and bring them back to Obama.

But most aren't that stupid. They know the game the Democrats are playing.
Again I ask, let's suppose Ms. Fluke was a White House plant. So what?

What are you actually upset about? That a White House plant got Republican leaders and candidates to speak honestly about what they think of women and contraception? Is it the honesty you don't like, or the fact that it has shed light on just how out of touch these leaders and candidates are with a majority of Americans?

Saying that your employeer should be able to get between you and your doctors care, and then calling women (and by extension peoples wives and daughters) who use contraceptives , "sl**s," and, "prostitutes," is faaar out of step with the opinions of a vast majority of Americans. This shed light on what the social crusaders currently in leadership of the Republican Party think of women, and shedding light is no trap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies