Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2012, 04:52 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,825,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Heck no. Rush has the right to spout all the filth he wants. But he doesn't have a right to force others to pay him to do it or the right to force decent people to listen to him.
Ok, this is just, and I'll be kind, ridiculous. Please explain this:

How is Rush forcing others to pay him so he can "spout all the filth he wants"?

And

How does Rush force decent people to listen to him?

Get your head out before answering.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:12 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,119,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Ok, this is just, and I'll be kind, ridiculous. Please explain this:

How is Rush forcing others to pay him so he can "spout all the filth he wants"?

And

How does Rush force decent people to listen to him?

Get your head out before answering.
RIF...Reading Is Fundamental. Had you been following the thread you would have seen that I was responding to those who somehow believe that if people CHOOSE not to listen or CHOOSE not to advertise they were somehow depriving Rush of his first amendment right to SPEAK. Sigh......I give up. I should have known not to attempt to reason with Rush followers.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:16 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,965,958 times
Advertisers and radio stations pull out of Limbaugh's show-the people have spoken .

Yes and some are already trying to come back but Rush says too bad.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:10 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,825,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
RIF...Reading Is Fundamental. Had you been following the thread you would have seen that I was responding to those who somehow believe that if people CHOOSE not to listen or CHOOSE not to advertise they were somehow depriving Rush of his first amendment right to SPEAK. Sigh......I give up. I should have known not to attempt to reason with Rush followers.
You do know what the term "get your head out" means, don't you?

Old 03-10-2012, 09:02 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,970,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I have an idea. Why don't we abolish the First Amendement? That's what all you leftists want, right?
If you knew anything about the First Amendment, you'd know that the First Amendment is a limitation on government. That's why it starts "Congress shall make no law."

The First Amendment doesn't prevent me from spending my advertising money or my consumer dollars where I want. If that means I don't want my personal dollars supporting an insulting, big fat idiot, that's MY right -- and it has nothing to do with the First Amendment.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:03 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,567,627 times
Default Яush Limbaugh reflects Problem with Яepublican Party

The fact that this obese radical wields such influence within the GOP is precisely the reason why many Americans are put off by the Яepublican Party and what it represents. Limbaugh is the poster boy for everything that is wrong with Яepublicans and the conservative movement in America. You only need to take one look at Яush and his supporters in the GOP to know why America has no alternative but to re-elect Obama.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:09 PM

25,856 posts, read 16,560,676 times
I think they have lost touch with the reality of what this country is now. It's a huge, sprawling country with 300 million people and like it or not, every one of us has rights and has a vote. They are a vocal minority who are losing their power every day.

Really, they have brought it on themselves with their greed (republicans). They gave us the corruption on wall street, the mortgage crisis, Enron--you name it. All greed--taking advantage of the system to line their own pockets. They did everything in their power to allow illegal immigration as it helped them break the unions and the middle class. Now they have to figure out how to provide the needs of all these people who have flooded in.

They've turned the population against them. I think we could see the end of the GOP and some other party arise because of this.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:09 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,473,194 times
Are you charging Rush rent or are you letting him live rent free in your head?

Old 03-10-2012, 09:13 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,567,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
Are you charging Rush rent or are you letting him live rent free in your head?
Is that all you got? BTW, you guys are the ones who are obsessed with him. The only time he crosses my mind is when he opens his big mouth and create another controversy in the media to draw attention to himself.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:19 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,029,977 times
Amazing how some people that claim to hate Rush with every fiber of their being, yet cant stop talking about him. Closet Rush lover me thinks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies