Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 07:45 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times

Advertisements

So I quickly skimmed through and could not find anything about this specifically, so I am opening a new thread.

The other night I was watching something on tv, it was some of the republican candidates talking about birth control. I literally heard the words birth control and my ears perked up, as this is a pretty sensitive issue with me.

There's 4 men sitting there spewing their opinions on birth control, BC specifically, how immoral it was, how it was allowing people to do whatever they want sexually yadda yadda yadda.

These men make my ovaries shiver in fear, a bunch of crazy conservative bastards who don't care about womens right, who obviously forgot that here in American we have freedom of religion and that some of us are NOT religious, some of DO NOT believe in god and that some of don't want to be told what to do with our own bodies.

I am not religious, I am on birth control and I am sexually active and these men potentially getting into office scares the crap out of me.

As an American I believe I have the right to live religion free if I so choose, I have the right to use birth control and I have the right to not be told by a bunch of men what I can and can't do with my own body.

I actually had to stop watching because I got so pissed off.

But what is everyone's opinions on this years republican candidates and their bashing of birth control???

(*I know the real issue was Obama and making organizations offer birth control to their employees but they were talking about birth control being immoral and all this other crap.*)

I know if they got the chance they would make birth control illegal.
My state tried to pass a law that would make it illegal back in 2008. I nearly siht bricks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 07:56 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
LOL, those men were from the church. Why would Congress talk to women when they do not represent the church and those who are in charge of paying for the insurance? That was the topic.

Women can have a chance to talk and you saw it when Fluke talked but having women there at that time would not have made any sense. Those men were talking about being mandated to do something that is against their conscience. Perhaps you won't understand it until you are mandated to do something that is against all you stand for. Make one group do something they cannot do and it is easier to make another group do something they cannot do.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:58 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,650 times
Then please don't reproduce.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:00 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
So I quickly skimmed through and could not find anything about this specifically, so I am opening a new thread.

The other night I was watching something on tv, it was some of the republican candidates talking about birth control. I literally heard the words birth control and my ears perked up, as this is a pretty sensitive issue with me.

There's 4 men sitting there spewing their opinions on birth control, BC specifically, how immoral it was, how it was allowing people to do whatever they want sexually yadda yadda yadda.

These men make my ovaries shiver in fear, a bunch of crazy conservative bastards who don't care about womens right, who obviously forgot that here in American we have freedom of religion and that some of us are NOT religious, some of DO NOT believe in god and that some of don't want to be told what to do with our own bodies.

I am not religious, I am on birth control and I am sexually active and these men potentially getting into office scares the crap out of me.

As an American I believe I have the right to live religion free if I so choose, I have the right to use birth control and I have the right to not be told by a bunch of men what I can and can't do with my own body.

But what is everyone's opinions on this years republican candidates and their bashing of birth control???

(*I know the real issue was Obama and making organizations offer birth control to their employees but they were talking about birth control being immoral and all this other crap.*)

My state tried to pass a law that would make it illegal back in 2008. I nearly siht bricks.

Please post for us, what you are talking about. The only OC comments from the Republicans this year that I have heard (other than Santorum's personal position) is based on religious freedom. Government interference in religion causes me to siht a brick.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:01 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,583,073 times
OP please don't lump Ron Paul in with the others. He has never said anything like what you describe. What's immoral is requiring me to pay for your birth control. If you want it, fine buy it. Don't expect others to pay for it which is what is going to happen.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post

This is not the problem although the administration wants you to believe it is. This is about religious freedom. Those who are against BC for moral reasons do not want to be mandated to supply it. Simple really, plus this would not make BC illegal at all. Women can still get it and that will not stop.

You don't like the health insurance one employer supplies for you then don't work for that employer, work for another. There are several out there.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:07 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
I don't want to be paying for your's or for other people's irresponsibility or behavior. If you can't afford to have a baby or don't want one yet. Then men, keep your zippers zipped and women, keep your legs closed until marriage.

People are already paying enough in taxes, we don't need to add on to the burden. Pay for contraceptive devices yourself if you want to have sex so badly. I don't want us to turn into Europe where many things are taxed, "subsidized" and "free."

Old 03-06-2012, 08:11 PM

Having a baby is not a disease. Getting pregnant is not a disease. Keep insurance for things we need to stay healthy. Don't tell people, like Sibelius did, that babies are detrimental to our society. One crazy person talking is all we need to hear from.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
NONE of the republicans are even remotely suggesting that birth control be made illegal. they would be stupid to do so. however they are railing against the mandate that obama put forth that insurance companies have to provide birth control as part of their insurance package.

if you want to buy birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancy, that is fine by me, go out and buy the pill, a box of condoms, a diaphragm or what ever other birth control you choose to use. but do it with YOUR OWN MONEY, not mine.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:50 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I don't want to be paying for your's or for other people's irresponsibility or behavior. If you can't afford to have a baby or don't want one yet. Then men, keep your zippers zipped and women, keep your legs closed until marriage.

People are already paying enough in taxes, we don't need to add on to the burden. Pay for contraceptive devices yourself if you want to have sex so badly. I don't want us to turn into Europe where many things are taxed, "subsidized" and "free."
The cost of living in society. You can't get out of it unless you live on an island by yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies