Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Jesus
Tax cuts for the rich 4 10.26%
Deregulation 4 10.26%
Cuting social services to the poor to balance the budget 5 12.82%
Starting war with Iran 4 10.26%
The opposite of everything above 33 84.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 12:05 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,676,891 times

Advertisements

Probably to get his family all legal citizens. Oh, you meant Jesus........not Jesus from Tijuana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 12:08 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,076,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Probably to get his family all legal citizens. Oh, you meant Jesus........not Jesus from Tijuana
Would he be chanting USA though?? LOL

Old 03-07-2012, 12:14 PM

915 posts, read 1,195,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Are you talking about curing the lepers? I think he did that. Of course that was a miracle not some research institute who came up with a cure. I don't remember him donating any money to hospitals in the Bible or going on any cancer runs or wearing pink on breast cancer day.
"And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people, unless it cost too much."

--Mat.9:35

Old 03-07-2012, 12:17 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,352,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
I ain't no Jesus expert, but didn't he provide free health care to those in need?
Yea, but he didn't require everyone else to pay for Johnny's erection though or Suzie's desire to have all the sex she wants without the worry of getting knocked up.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:27 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,389,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Hopefully to reinstate what the government was first truly set up to do. To protect the citizens of this nation from enemies both foreign and domestic.........and not a single thing more.
Most people, and sadly even many Christians, do not know enough about what Jesus said or taught to answer the poll, which is stupid in the first place.

Most people think Jesus was some 'warm fuzzy', all sweetness and light pacifist, that just taught that we should all love each other. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Jesus primary mission on earth was to take our sins upon himself, by dying on the cross, and to bring the "good news" of salvation through Faith, so that through that Faith, we can be saved. He said "I am the way, and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me."

Those who have never read the Bible might be surprise to learn that he called the Parisees a "pit of vipers", and that he overturned the tables of the money changers in the temple. Yes, he got angry.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:47 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,389,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Jesus would be a blazing liberal and strong front runner for the green party.
What makes you think so?

He would definitely hate abortion.
He hates liars.
He hates theft.
He would despise the deception that 'liberals' use and the demagoguery of the left.

Just for starters.

He also loved the Church, as we have been taught, "Husbands, love your wives just as Christ loved the Church, and gave himself up for her to make her Holy" (One of my favorites).

This would not make the 'liberals' happy, as they hate the Church.

He expected the Church to care for the poor, not the government, and taught that it was more blessed to give than to receive. That would not make the "Occupiers" very happy, who demand so much "free" stuff.

He also taught that giving should be in secret, so that none may boast.

I'll tell a story about that: In our former church in San Diego, a beautiful new baby grand piano showed up one day. No one ever learned who had purchased it and had it delivered.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:49 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,050,593 times
That he's a communist who has mental issues - he looked like a hobo and talked to an invisible man - he'd be 5150'd in today's world.

Oh, but I hope to god he wouldn't have one of those retarded "not of this world" stickers on his Suburban.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:55 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,647,408 times
Freedom of Religion

Old 03-07-2012, 01:10 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,310,848 times
If Jesus was running for president as an independent 3rd party, what would his positions be?

Obviously it would be to try and get most third party types over their addiction to recreational drugs and other vices, and I'm sure after he would advise, "Sin No More!".

Old 03-07-2012, 01:11 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,475,123 times
Didn't see the choice for his platform of " A fish on every plate and a glass of wine on every table."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies