Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 12:44 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The right's attacks on Maher are an attempt to distract from the behavior of their patron saint, Rush Limbaugh. Don't fall for it.

Besides, Limbaugh has a LOT more listeners/viewers than Maher. The two personalities really aren't good comparisons.
Wow, can we say partisanship...

The Democrats have been distracting for 3 years now with their faux outrage as they continue the country down the path in the backward direction.

Both parties do it all the time... but the Democrats are completely pathetic right now and how desperate they are to cover for Obamas failures

A "war on women".... really?!? people... wake up and get a life if you believe that one

Oh, and by the way, Maher is neither talented or funny and he is a disgusting pig.... Rush is basically the same thing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 01:51 AM

1,081 posts, read 916,078 times
Rush is a slob. Maher or whatever his name is reminds me of that little kid you used to see getting beat up on the playground, and usually deserved it.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:42 AM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
A "war on women".... really?!? people... wake up and get a life if you believe that one
Do you believe in the faux "War on Christmas" or "War on Religion (Christianity)?" Many conservatives apparently do.

Both sides are doing a lot of deflecting lately, which is actually quite typical of an election year... nothing new here!

Old 03-10-2012, 04:44 AM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Do you laugh when he makes jokes about Down Syndrome babies?
No, I don't find that funny at all... do I have to like 100% of the jokes a comedian makes? I occasionally didn't laugh at a George Carlin joke either, but still considered him a comedy god.

Look, I'm not the president of his fan club, nor am I suggesting the guy run for office - I just think he's funny, and enjoy the show when I get a chance to watch! Is that such a horrible thing? Geez, you guys really need to lighten up.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:46 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
In general, by any commentator, I don't mind bashing/name calling. If the shoe fits and all that. Sometimes it's appropriate and really "embraces" the subject you might be describing. Other times, it's an uneducated person's means of denouncing someone when they just plain don't like them or they can't debate intelligently.

I won't put a generalization on "name calling" because, as above, sometimes it's warranted, sometimes not.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:47 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,400,554 times
They're both entertaining in their own way. I agree with more of Maher's actual views though. I don't think people should get too bent out of shape by what either man says. If you don't like them, don't tune in, simple as that.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:57 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
I don't know about the rest of you, but I have never experienced either Limbaugh or Maher except accompanied with handy on/off button. The off button was there if I didn't like what they said.

Sandra Fluke is the real jerk in this. She wanted Congress to enact legislation FORCING people to do what they didn't want to do. Unlike TV's and radios, legislation doesn't come with an on/off switch.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:11 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Limbaugh's apologized, Maher has not.
Limblah has never once apologized to a public figure he insulted... and why should he? No one asked him to -- we're not a bunch of soppy p******* like the Right.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:20 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I agree. As much as I agree with Bill Maher's points, I'd be hypocritical if I bashed Rush and praised Maher. Both use language that's over the top and only fan flames.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Bill Maher is pretty funny though
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Yea I love Bill's humor and Real Time but he is an arrogant jerk. I think if he were nice and friendly he wouldn't be as funny. He is definitely less of a jerk than Rush, you don't see Bill making harsh racist, sexist and anti-gay remarks like Rush.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Both are jerks, but Bill Maher is better. And I am conservative. Both think they are way more intelligent than they really are. That's what I don't like about Bill Maher. For instance when he talked about how great France is, and listed several incorrect facts, and ignored that standard of living is lower, hence being in poverty in France is not good. He didn't mention the riots, or the fact that France evaluate their life poorer than Americans and certainly Scandinavians do.

However, Bill Maher is right most of the time, Rush Limbaugh contantly has his head up his ass, and he is rude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Why does that even matter, and haven't we beaten this dead horse enough already?

I think Bill Maher is hilarious, and I guess I'm not as easily offended as some people here... Rush is funny too, but in more of an unintentional "does he really believe that stuff?" kinda way.
everyone is posting good comments and it's all been said...Maher is a total arrogant buttwad,but kind of funny on rare occasions...Rush on the other hand is a boil on the ass of society....both make their money though

Old 03-10-2012, 07:29 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Limbaugh's apologized, Maher has not.
Check it out:

Bill Maher Defends Limbaugh’s Free Speech Rights, Responds To ‘False Equivalency’ From Right | Mediaite
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies