Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 11:44 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Speculator's are the ones gouging you on your oil and fuel prices nowdays.
Yeah, that's what everyone who has no clue what they are talking about, or how the industry works says.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-12-2012 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Its the value of our dollar thats been manipulated, not the price of oil
Exactly right. According to what I have been reading, that is the largest contributing factor right now, the falling value of the dollar. And, thanks to Obama, it is because of our huge debt.

Thank the Democrats on this one.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
IMHO - We invaded Iraq to:

Kill Saddam for threatening GW Bush's Daddy
Plan to pump as much Iraqi crude regardless of the effect on world oil prices in direct defiance of the Cartel.

In the opinion of the warmongers and oil controllers both were hanging offences.

Keeping gasoline prices high and pushing them higher is a political ploy to discredit President Obama. It is not connected to the availability of gasoline in the US.
Oh, please! Give it a rest!

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Dictator of major oil producing nation gone and yet we are still looking at high gas prices. Why? Perhaps because gas prices are being manipulated? Hmmm?
Hey, did'nt the previous administration promise you that lie?

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
With china and idia actully increasig their demand and with obama blockig our addig to world productio ;these are the low prices.Without more supplyat cheaper rates when it reaqches frefiberies its goig to contimue to increase as well as every product that needs transportation or crude to produce. that includes 19000 essentail products.Of course nothig is stoppig governamtn from declaring a tax holiday on gasoline like they have with others taxes such as payroll.That would reduce gasoline bu y more than the refinerers make per gallon.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:04 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
You know folks, we can always vote Perry (on a write-in) and reinvade Iraq and get those low gas prices after all.. right? Second time out to do the trick.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
It has everything to do with gas prices. Iraq is one of the, if not the biggest source of crude in the world. The US and big oil essentially killed the drug pusher and stole his supply. When the addicts aka the american oil/gasoline buyers asked "now that you've got the supply, you're going to give us a break, right?" in which big oil just laughed and raised the prices. Big oil's profits went through the roof while the american people continued to struggle even more.
That's why the right wing argument is complete BS that "drill baby drill" tactics will somehow lower prices. It wont, it only ups the profits for big oil.
How is it that you people believe this ridiculous tale? We stole nothing, and we hardly buy any oil from Iraq either. As a matter of fact, right now I don't think we buy any from Iraq.

As far as being an oil exporter, Iraq barely makes a blip on the charts!

Old 03-12-2012, 01:15 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
"Where are the low gas prices for invading Iraq?"

Well...ya have to use ObamaLogic:
"If we hadn't taken action, gas prices
would have been three times as high."

You know, the way the stimulus saved
the World and all those "saved jobs."

Old 03-12-2012, 01:20 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Obama saved the jobs that would have been created had he not destroyed the economy.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:01 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
And they are also traded in US Dollars rather than Euros or Yuan.
That's the way I understand it...as far as now goes anyway.

China is an economic force of nature these days...it may not be long before EVERYTHING is traded in Yuan....I hope not,I can't read those little hash marks and guys will be gouging me with counterfeit money all the time...bringing money over their kids made and chit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
When we tied to dollar to oil back in the day we put ourselves in the position to defend the policy with our military. We have up until now. Yep it appears the time is ripe for others to make the push to end it.

Those horses may come in more handy then you think when the sheet really hits the fan. lol
LORD,I hope I don't have to ride a mule to town every day...I'll move closer to town for sure then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Do you think we should ask for a lower interest rate on our loans in return for the hook up?
Honestly,I think that turned out to be the deal...I have heard that from buddies who are still fooling around in the world and like I said before,no proof but there's smoke there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
You know folks, we can always vote Perry (on a write-in) and reinvade Iraq and get those low gas prices after all.. right? Second time out to do the trick.
YAY..another Tejas airhead oil company puppet politician...let's do it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies