Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: §
Yes, it's embarassing. 27 77.14%
It's not embarassing at all and I am proud of my Southern Heritage. 8 22.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 05:06 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
Black Republicans are harder to find than Atlantis.
There's a black family down the street supporting Alan Nunnalee (R - MS district 1). They supported him last election even though Angela McGlowan was running in the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 05:07 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist Liberal View Post
At least black Mississippians have the right idea and vote Democratic and for their own interests and not vote Republicans which is voting against their own interests.
Shouldn't everyone vote for the best interest of the county? Voting for your own interest is, in my opinion, selfish.

My in-laws are farmers in Arkansas. It would have been in their best interest to vote for Blanche Lincoln in the last election since she was a high ranking member of some agriculture committee. She also voted for pretty much along Democratic lines. Blanche lost here Congressional seat two years ago.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:56 AM

78,421 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Sure. Keep telling yourself that. It's delusional, but whatever makes you happy...
If you look at the FBI crime statistics you will see that something like 40% of hate crimes against gays are committed by.....black males. That's vastly disproportionate to their % of population.

Sorry, you can handwave all you want but the black community is pretty staunchly anti-gay. Good luck.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:15 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
I was born in Memphis,have relatives all over La.,Ms.,Tn.,Al.,Tx.,Ok,.

My relatives up in this area were Klan members up until the 40's and my relatives down there were Klansmen AND John Birchers(depending on if they made whiskey= Kluckers or were LEO's,Judges and car dealers=John Birchers).

Racism still runs to the bone with that bunch and they call a black guy an "N" word without a seconds thought or hesitation...I am ashamed of the way they act and think,but it's so ingrained in them and they instill it in THEIR children so each new generation gets it passed down to them...My relatives are VASTLY in the majority with their attitudes in those areas and unfortunately I do not see it changing anytime soon.

They ONLY bright spot among my bunch is the fact that none have been Kluckers or JBer's in the last 30 years so none of my generation have joined...not much good about it,but it's still one step up the ladder.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:50 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
That's an interesting outlook considering Democrats started Jim Crow.
Say it correctly DIXIECRATS, not the same

Old 03-14-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Not at all. I was just wondering if or why they only asked Mississippi Republicans.
I don't think the numbers would be thaaat different for many other states.
I guess because, maybe, possibly the republicans are trying to gather up votes

Old 03-14-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
no "twister" about it...the Democrats started Jim Crow. Today's minorities entrenched in the Ghettos are largely Democratic voters. Seems like they just traded one form of Jim Crow for the next.

So there' nothing to debate about.
Do you even know what a ghetto is? you really need to look it up since the majority of people in this country live in one form of "ghetto" or another If you want say live in the impoverish cities say so! I'm a person of color and I don't nor do a great deal of my relatives who vote democrat, so how can you label us all as living in the "ghetto"

Old 03-14-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
What do I have "mixed up?"

The fact that Jim Crow was established by Democrats?

or

The fact that the minorities in the ghettos today are largely Democratic voters?
or

The fact that uneducated, evangelical whites that live in trailor parks are republicans

So what exactly is your point?

Old 03-14-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
Come on, man! Modern day republicans want to kill all minorities and non conservative white people, so I don’t think it is fair to claim that they wish to keep minorities in ghettos.
They do, keeping them down only prolongs the suffering

Old 03-14-2012, 10:03 AM

78,421 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
They do, keeping them down only prolongs the suffering
You should read up on the city of Chicago and their history with ghettos and so forth. It would really be an eye-opener for you if you go in with an open mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_...hicago.2C_1966

Quote:
In Chicago, Abernathy later wrote that they received a worse reception than they had in the South. Their marches, especially the one through Marquette Park on August 5, 1966, were met by thrown bottles and screaming throngs, and they were truly afraid of starting a riot.[85][86] King's beliefs militated against his staging a violent event, and he negotiated an agreement with Mayor Richard J. Daley to cancel a march in order to avoid the violence that he feared would result from the demonstration.[87] King, who received death threats throughout his involvement in the civil rights movement, was hit by a brick during one march but continued to lead marches in the face of personal danger
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies