Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 05:25 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,173,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Are they being killed?

Is there some magical bloodshed happening that I don't know about?
Religious Freedom without government interference is protected by the 1st Amendment. You should look it up sometime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 05:26 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,813,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
They say the right wing goons are throwing a pissy fit and trying to slander Obama any way they can as the economy is improving, unemployment is going down, and all they have left is to try and pull the social issue card in their desperation.
Uh... what about gas prices? What about all the promises he made and broke? What about his utter disconnect from the reality of working people? What about his lack of handling serious problems like the Black Panthers voting poll imtimidation, Fast and Furious. Even Paul Krugman says his policies are going to turn us into a banana republic. How about his total ignorance of Israel? How about his need to make himself look like a fool overseas. How about that toast to the Queen? How about, How about, How about... Is it just me or are there blind herds posing as humans pretending to care about serious matters?

I have just one question: What good is a job if it doesn't cover rent, food, gas?

One more: Has anybody bought groceries lately?

Old 03-13-2012, 05:26 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,058,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Religious Freedom without government interference is protected by the 1st Amendment. You should look it up sometime.

Not seeing the government infringing on any religious beliefs recently.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Not seeing the government infringing on any religious beliefs recently.
Then obviously you haven't been paying attention.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:29 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,094,069 times
After November the liberals/progressives will be crawling back under their rocks. All they can run on is fear and intimidation while using their slaves and useful idiots.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:30 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,606,282 times
Quote:
Liberals know no bounds, and quite frankly its pretty scary. American's are finding this out the hard way after having rubber-stamped everything the First Half Black President and his Flunkies in Congress have pushed. Thankfully, the pendulum is swinging hard right in this country. I'm confident that Democrats are down for the next decade, if not more.
What universe are you living in???????
The GOP is done like dinner. If they don't smarten up they might just disappear completely. I can't say they don't deserve it with their know nothing, do nothing, platform. They only represent a tiny wienny little % of Americans anyway so their demise will be no loss whatsoever. What is a very sad loss however is a REAL conservative political party in the USA. A viable alternative to the mostly liberal democrats.

I have been a died in the wool liberal all of my life and what completely blows my mind is all the complete garbage about Obama being a leftist. If you study his policies since becoming president he is obviously in the center and he sways a little to the left on some things and to the right on other things. The opposition to the president is so looney and so stupid that I can only conclude it's really something else completely that people don't like.
I strongly suspect that it's his colour that drives 90% of the stupid opposition.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
The GOP is done like dinner. If they don't smarten up they might just disappear completely. I can't say they don't deserve it with their know nothing, do nothing, platform. They only represent a tiny wienny little % of Americans anyway so their demise will be no loss whatsoever. What is a very sad loss however is a REAL conservative political party in the USA. A viable alternative to the mostly liberal democrats.

I have been a died in the wool liberal all of my life and what completely blows my mind is all the complete garbage about Obama being a leftist. If you study his policies since becoming president he is obviously in the center and he sways a little to the left on some things and to the right on other things. The opposition to the president is so looney and so stupid that I can only conclude it's really something else completely that people don't like.
I strongly suspect that it's his colour that drives 90% of the stupid opposition.

Quote:
They only represent a tiny wienny little % of Americans anyway so their demise will be no loss whatsoever.
Surely you jest? The GOP is the de facto conservative representative in American politics. Conservatives far outnumber liberals. How can you make a claim that is so astray? And after making such a claim, why should we give credence to the rest of your post?

Old 03-13-2012, 05:32 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,058,867 times
Quote:
Then obviously you haven't been paying attention.
Or idiots have obviously been blowing things out of proportion, as idiots tend to do.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Or idiots have obviously been blowing things out of proportion, as idiots tend to do.
You don't strike me as a Catholic. Therefore, I don't believe you know what you're talking about.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:36 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,813,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
You do realize that it was an entirely democratic Congress and house that couldn't pass a budget for 3 years... right?

They waited for Republicans to get a small bit of power back for the absolute intent of blaming them for their dismal record. They blew it and blamed 1/3rd of the government, within weeks of being seated. People who believe anything a politician says are ignorant, believing anything a democrat says is insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies