Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 08:31 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Exactly, i've said the same thing several times. If I thought he actually stood for something, i'd respect him more even in disagreement. But this President has not a single conviction. To make matter worse, he welcomes with open arms the voters who engage in hypocrisy because he himself is the Hypocrite King. Which comes easy to him because he stands for NOTHING.

I believe he found his place when he taught law. His assignments divided his classes along racial and class lines, and in this he found the way to get whatever he wanted. If he had to take a side himself, he could be held accountable for his views, but as the moderator, he could play on both sides without ever being called on his duplicity. From this he learned to divide entire communities, and as always, for his own benefit. Voting present, as he did in the IL Senate, says it all. He stands for nothing except advancing his own career.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 08:37 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,981,656 times
Quote:
So far we've heard there's a "war on women".....a "war on contraception"....a "war on minorities".....and a "war on religion" this election season.

What we haven't heard is anything GOOD that this President has accomplished. That means the aforementioned "wars" are the very types of "campaigning" we can expect from Barack Obama in light of his abyssmal record as President.

All of this deflection from his record was predicted, and now it's coming true as the campaign season moves into full swing.

"Hope N' Change" became "It's Not My Fault" and "Don't Blame Me."

Is anyone surprised that playing the "victim" card would be the mantra of the First Half Black President? Isn't victimization The Democratic Ace In The Holeâ„¢?
When the government gets overly involved in our lives it creates separation, division, and turmoil. Why is there a "war on contraception?" Because the government is meddling in our lives taking our money and redistributing it as it sees fit. This causes people's money to spent on things that violate their conscience. I'm not just referring to contraception but also war, abortion, corporate subsidies, etc. Also government forced "equality" programs stir up resentment and hatred.

The more government in the way, the more problems. Things like gay marriage wouldn't be an issue in a free society. It's only an issue now because of state sponsored marriage and our complex insane income tax system. If government got out of marriage altogether it wouldn't be an issue. There would be less resentment and separation in a free society.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:38 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,074,158 times
Quote:
Perhaps because he's the "Hope N Change" President and he's supposed to represent something different than same ole' same ole' politics? Isn't that what he campaigned on and what his constituents bought into?

Or did you vote for him because he was Black?
I didn't vote at all. The democrats strategy is always to appeal to women and minorities. Its been that way for the past 30 years. GOP strategy is to appeal rich white guys. Its been that way for the past 30 years.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:08 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
So far we've heard there's a "war on women".....a "war on contraception"....a "war on minorities".....and a "war on religion" this election season.

What we haven't heard is anything GOOD that this President has accomplished. That means the aforementioned "wars" are the very types of "campaigning" we can expect from Barack Obama in light of his abyssmal record as President.

All of this deflection from his record was predicted, and now it's coming true as the campaign season moves into full swing.

"Hope N' Change" became "It's Not My Fault" and "Don't Blame Me."

Is anyone surprised that playing the "victim" card would be the mantra of the First Half Black President? Isn't victimization The Democratic Ace In The Holeâ„¢?
At least the corporate jet owners are getting some relief as well as the filthy rich who don't pay their fair share.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:01 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,513,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
When you keep giving us cards to play, of course we are going to play them.
I repeat the part about pulling them out of bodily orifices, you people have nothing else to go on so you make crap up.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:16 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,074,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
I repeat the part about pulling them out of bodily orifices, you people have nothing else to go on so you make crap up.
Do I really need to link up the quotes from the GOP candidates from the past 2 and half months.

Gingrich: calling the president a "Food stamp" president
Rush: calling a woman a **** and prostitute
Santorum: labeling all blacks as being on welfare
Ginrich:telling blacks to get paychecks not food stamps
Romney: I don't care about the poor.
Ron Paul: racist newsletters

Tell me what was made up. These are all comments or actions that the GOP has said or done in the past 2 months. Not Ron Paul, but the other 4.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
...What war on religion?

People always imagine the silliest things.
LOL! I think religion is winning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I believe he found his place when he taught law. His assignments divided his classes along racial and class lines, and in this he found the way to get whatever he wanted. If he had to take a side himself, he could be held accountable for his views, but as the moderator, he could play on both sides without ever being called on his duplicity. From this he learned to divide entire communities, and as always, for his own benefit. Voting present, as he did in the IL Senate, says it all. He stands for nothing except advancing his own career.
You were in one of his classes? I had no idea you were a lawyer!

Old 03-13-2012, 10:37 PM

994 posts, read 725,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Last I checked, no churches were being infringed upon.
Then you obviously haven't checked enough. If the church owns and operates an organization on a nonprofit basis, that is a religious organization to everyone but irrational anti-religious bigots. It takes a willfully ignorant mind to look at a Church owned, Church run, Church funded charitable service organization and say "that's secular"

Church hospitals have been treating millions of patients for decades, Church schools are providing thousands with educations, church charities are provding people with shelter food and clothing. But Obama wants to get elected so you toss all of that out and declare a "war on women". It's pathetic. And I'm not even Catholic. I can only imagine how betrayed the thousands of dedicated Catholic charity workers feel at being told they hate women and don't care about healthcare and all the rest of the leftist rhetoric.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:31 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Only Democrats could screw up something as important as God in the lives of a majority of the American populace! And when they try to do a do-over, they screw that up too! LOL

Going as planned! Anti-God....pro-homosexuals.....pro-abortion.....pro-racism!

What a campaign! What a platform! Yeeee hah!!

Old 09-07-2012, 01:58 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
There are things that are medical, require a physician and and Rx. These things fall under the medical umbrella and when talking about healthcare in any capacity they are part of it. The issue is that some want to single out certain medical issues and requirements and make them a social issues and ask "why". Should we do that? Should we analyze all medical and drug issues and open them up for discussion to be voted and decided on by everyone based on their personal and/or religious beliefs?

I say no. The idea that someone, somewhere, might 'get away with' something I don't approve of on moral grounds doesn't bother me in the least or keep me up at night. There as other things that do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies