Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 07:05 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
The GOP just is NOT CONSERVATIVE in any way shape or form. Is being pro war a conservative value. Is gutting the bill of rights a conservative measure as in GW Bush's patriot act. Is running a huge deficit a conservative policy? They all have done so going back all the way to IKE. Is being the party of extreme religous intolerance a conservative thing? It's actually anti American and is against everything the country has always stood for. Is being solid for the 1% and caring nothing for the rest of the country a conservative value. They are still promoting their idiot and discredited "Trickle down" theory whih has lead to the growing disparity ,inequality and distruction of the middle class in the country.

Ya, conservative all right!!!! These idiots give conservatives such a bad name that they are a stench in the nostrils of anyone who has half a brain. Is promoting dummies the new conservative value. Just think for a minute these are the folks that would have Sara Palin one breath from the oval office. You see they don't need anyone with half a clue because they have corporate and special interests America to tell them what to do. The whole bunch of them are nothing but traitors of the worst sort. They would rather see the country go down the tubes than see the democrats succeed in any way. In fact they specialize in destroying things with their obstructionism and then revel in blaming others for what they clearly have wrought.

The world would be a far better place without CONSERVATIVES of this kind.
In case you didn't notice, conservatives still vote in this country. Regardless of whether the GOP is considered conservative or not by liberals, the fact remains that conservatives won't be voting for Democrats in 2012.

Which reminds me.....is there a reason you're deflecting from the OP?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 07:06 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Religious Freedom without government interference is protected by the 1st Amendment. You should look it up sometime.
That would require todays angry Libs to open their minds and read a book.... that would be quite a change from regurgitating tired and false talking points from their master

Old 03-13-2012, 07:07 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,059,397 times
Boy! The people in positions of power are really good at pinning Americans against each other.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:25 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,513,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
They say the right wing goons are throwing a pissy fit and trying to slander Obama any way they can as the economy is improving, unemployment is going down, and all they have left is to try and pull the social issue card in their desperation.
Libs know all about pulling cards out of recti out of desperation. It's all you lot have left these days.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:27 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,513,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Can you believe that 70% of college students think the Daily Show and the Colbert Report are political news shows? These will be the leaders of our country in a decade or two? Really?
Can you believe most libs actually believe Palin said "you can see Russia from my house" when it was actually Tina Fey on SNL?

Old 03-13-2012, 08:06 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
What universe are you living in???????
The GOP is done like dinner. If they don't smarten up they might just disappear completely. I can't say they don't deserve it with their know nothing, do nothing, platform. They only represent a tiny wienny little % of Americans anyway so their demise will be no loss whatsoever. What is a very sad loss however is a REAL conservative political party in the USA. A viable alternative to the mostly liberal democrats.

I have been a died in the wool liberal all of my life and what completely blows my mind is all the complete garbage about Obama being a leftist. If you study his policies since becoming president he is obviously in the center and he sways a little to the left on some things and to the right on other things. The opposition to the president is so looney and so stupid that I can only conclude it's really something else completely that people don't like.
I strongly suspect that it's his colour that drives 90% of the stupid opposition.

I actually agree with you about Obama leaning one way on some things and the other way on others. The thing is he consistently leans in the wrong direction on every issue. He's a bigger war monger than any president since Johnson. He's a bigger spender than any president in history. No matter how gruesome, unnecessary or late in the pregnancy, he has never opposed a single abortion procedure. He's more corrupt than Clinton and Nixon combined. You name it and he's wrong on it.

I might be more accepting of him if he were a sincere liberal, but he's not a sincere anything.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I actually agree with you about Obama leaning one way on some things and the other way on others. The thing is he consistently leans in the wrong direction on every issue. He's a bigger war monger than any president since Johnson. He's a bigger spender than any president in history. No matter how gruesome, unnecessary or late in the pregnancy, he has never opposed a single abortion procedure. He's more corrupt than Clinton and Nixon combined. You name it and he's wrong on it.

I might be more accepting of him if he were a sincere liberal, but he's not a sincere anything.
Exactly, i've said the same thing several times. If I thought he actually stood for something, i'd respect him more even in disagreement. But this President has not a single conviction. To make matter worse, he welcomes with open arms the voters who engage in hypocrisy because he himself is the Hypocrite King. Which comes easy to him because he stands for NOTHING.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:27 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,074,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
So far we've heard there's a "war on women".....a "war on contraception"....a "war on minorities".....and a "war on religion" this election season.

What we haven't heard is anything GOOD that this President has accomplished. That means the aforementioned "wars" are the very types of "campaigning" we can expect from Barack Obama in light of his abyssmal record as President.

All of this deflection from his record was predicted, and now it's coming true as the campaign season moves into full swing.

"Hope N' Change" became "It's Not My Fault" and "Don't Blame Me."

Is anyone surprised that playing the "victim" card would be the mantra of the First Half Black President? Isn't victimization The Democratic Ace In The Holeâ„¢?
Why in the world should he change his strategy, especially when the GOP keeps giving him ammunition. Seriously, based of the comments that the GOP makes about women and minorities, I wouldn't change my stratgey. Why should I go deep when the corners keeps playing soft coverage on my wide receivers and the safeties keep dropping to far back.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:28 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,074,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Libs know all about pulling cards out of recti out of desperation. It's all you lot have left these days.
When you keep giving us cards to play, of course we are going to play them.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Why in the world should he change his strategy, especially when the GOP keeps giving him ammunition. Seriously, based of the comments that the GOP makes about women and minorities, I wouldn't change my stratgey. Why should I go deep when the corners keeps playing soft coverage on my wide receivers and the safeties keep dropping to far back.
Perhaps because he's the "Hope N Change" President and he's supposed to represent something different than same ole' same ole' politics? Isn't that what he campaigned on and what his constituents bought into?

Or did you vote for him because he was Black?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies