Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 05:39 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,060,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You don't strike me as a Catholic. Therefore, I don't believe you know what you're talking about.
Neither do idiots who believe that the contraception thing was infringing on any first amendment rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 05:42 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,179,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Neither do idiots who believe that the contraception thing was infringing on any first amendment rights.
If it's infringing on established church doctrine, then it's infringing on the First Amendment rights of the church.

Considering that the Catholic Church is a couple thousand years old....i'm pretty sure established Catholic doctrine is covered by a 220+ year old founding document.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:46 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,060,507 times
Quote:
If it's infringing on established church doctrine, then it's infringing on the First Amendment rights of the church.
Last I checked, no churches were being infringed upon.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Those that would believe the crap out of hand are beyond stupid or so detached they should be too lazy to vote.
Anyone who gets their political views from SNL, Jay Leno or Comedy Central should also stay home election day.

I would love it if more people would get politically educated then active.
I've played around on quite a few political forums over the years and I can say without equivocation that most liberals are not interested in the facts. Especially those facts that make the uncomfortable or cast a negative light on Barack Obama. It's human nature to find agreeable those paths that suit an individuals interests, but liberals take it to a whole new level. They generally don't want to hear it at all if it doesn't suit their collective Agenda.

Barack Obama and Democrats are more than happy to capture these types of voters. Having an educated constituency works against their electoral interests, and they know it.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:59 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,095,033 times
Quote:
You don't strike me as a Catholic. Therefore, I don't believe you know what you're talking about.
You dont strike me as particularly Catholic, either.
And before you ask, yes, I am.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:

Considering that the Catholic Church is a couple thousand years old....i'm pretty sure established Catholic doctrine is covered by a 220+ year old founding document.
A bunch of old guys in funny hats are in charge of Church doctrine.
Lets not mention how out of touch with reality they are.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You dont strike me as particularly Catholic, either.
And before you ask, yes, I am.
No, you're right, i'm not Catholic. But I have read the complaints from the highest levels of Catholicism and as a Christian I can see their viewpoint with utmost clarity. Unlike Barack Obama, i'm confident that they know what their religion teaches.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
No, you're right, i'm not Catholic. But I have read the complaints from the highest levels of Catholicism and as a Christian I can see their viewpoint with utmost clarity.
The highest levels would be those old guys with the funny hats who dont have a clue.
And I say this as a lifelong Catholic.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:03 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,610,975 times
Quote:
Surely you jest? The GOP is the de facto conservative representative in American politics. Conservatives far outnumber liberals. How can you make a claim that is so astray? And after making such a claim, why should we give credence to the rest of your post?
The GOP just is NOT CONSERVATIVE in any way shape or form. Is being pro war a conservative value. Is gutting the bill of rights a conservative measure as in GW Bush's patriot act. Is running a huge deficit a conservative policy? They all have done so going back all the way to IKE. Is being the party of extreme religous intolerance a conservative thing? It's actually anti American and is against everything the country has always stood for. Is being solid for the 1% and caring nothing for the rest of the country a conservative value. They are still promoting their idiot and discredited "Trickle down" theory whih has lead to the growing disparity ,inequality and distruction of the middle class in the country.

Ya, conservative all right!!!! These idiots give conservatives such a bad name that they are a stench in the nostrils of anyone who has half a brain. Is promoting dummies the new conservative value. Just think for a minute these are the folks that would have Sara Palin one breath from the oval office. You see they don't need anyone with half a clue because they have corporate and special interests America to tell them what to do. The whole bunch of them are nothing but traitors of the worst sort. They would rather see the country go down the tubes than see the democrats succeed in any way. In fact they specialize in destroying things with their obstructionism and then revel in blaming others for what they clearly have wrought.

The world would be a far better place without CONSERVATIVES of this kind.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:57 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,173,210 times
Hey! But he kept his promise of bringing all the troops home!!! We haven't gone into any more countries!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies