Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 06:52 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979
Most of the excessive government spending was in the initial year of stimulus packages. Since then, the increases in spending have been minimal, and mostly because a Republican house refuses to allow taxes to be raised for the programs that are passed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Please explain how raising taxes curtails spending.

Thanks
It's clear that the deficits that were incurred during the Bush years were directly tied to Bush era tax-cuts. That's indisputable.

If deficits and debts are what you are concerned about, then you can't possibly consider any of the GOP candidates, as all of their plans increase the deficit.

Group: Santorum, Gingrich plans have big deficits
Quote:
(AP)

WASHINGTON -- Huge tax cuts in the budget plans of Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum would produce the kinds of trillion-dollar-plus deficits that the GOP candidates are blaming on President Barack Obama.

That's the finding by the nonpartisan Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, a Washington-based budget watchdog group.

The study also says the more modest tax and spending plans of Mitt Romney wouldn't make a dent in deficits that are on track to average $800 billion or so a year over the coming decade under current trends and policies -- and could add to them considerably.

Only Ron Paul, who calls for wrenching budget cuts that dwarf anything proposed by his three rivals, would reduce the flow of red ink. But even Paul's plan would leave in place a deficit in the $500 billion range by the end of his first term.
That translates into a tax code in which taxes on investments and capital gains are sharply reduced or eliminated. Each Republican candidate would eliminate inheritance taxes on large estates. And tax rates on individuals would be cut as well -- all in the face of deficits that economists say would eventually cripple the economy.

The results, according to the study, would be higher deficits, except in the case of Paul, whose proposed cuts to the military and other programs make even tea partyers blanche.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 08:34 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,783,915 times
Barack Obama (hitler wannabe) is an evil man. He hates the united states. He is doing everything he can to destroy the foundations this country was built upon. He is the most anti-biblical president this country has ever had. This has absolutely nothing to do with the color of his skin. It has everything to do with communisim, marxist policies that have been proven to fail in every country they have been implemented in. For anyone to sit at the feet of jerimiah wright for over 20 years. That explains everything. America now meets 90% of Karl Marx demands.

This monster will be forced to resign in total disgrace this fall!!

Old 03-19-2012, 08:36 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,107,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Barack Obama (hitler wannabe) is an evil man. He hates the united states. He is doing everything he can to destroy the foundations this country was built upon. He is the most anti-biblical president this country has ever had. This has absolutely nothing to do with the color of his skin. It has everything to do with communisim, marxist policies that have been proven to fail in every country they have been implemented in. For anyone to sit at the feet of jerimiah wright for over 20 years. That explains everything. America now meets 90% of Karl Marx demands.

Wrong wrong, and very wrong.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:37 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,202 times
you won't be able to remove president obama if he is more popular than any of the republican candidates running.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:

Please provide evidence/examples of anything you described above.

I see no evidence that:
1) He hates the united states.
2) He is doing everything he can to destroy the foundations this country
3) the most anti-biblical president this country has ever had. (as if that is even important -- but Thomas Jefferson was probably more so.)
4) or that his policies are Marxist or Communist.
5) Mr. Obama does not "sit at the feet of" Rev. Wright. But if he did, wouldn't that contradict the claim that "[h]e is the most anti-biblical president this country has ever had?"

Your post sounds like a Glenn Beck rant and really can't be taken seriously.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Please provide evidence/examples of anything you described above.

I see no evidence that:
1) He hates the united states.
2) He is doing everything he can to destroy the foundations this country
3) the most anti-biblical president this country has ever had. (as if that is even important -- but Thomas Jefferson was probably more so.)
4) or that his policies are Marxist or Communist.
5) Mr. Obama does not "sit at the feet of" Rev. Wright. But if he did, wouldn't that contradict the claim that "[h]e is the most anti-biblical president this country has ever had?"

Your post sounds like a Glenn Beck rant and really can't be taken seriously.
please provide examples that you have been awake during the last 3 years!

Old 03-19-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
please provide examples that you have been awake during the last 3 years!
I have the time cards.

Since I have made myself very informed of daily events, that's why I question your assertions -- which I consider baseless, as I can't find any facts that establish your conclusions -- that's why I asked what facts caused you to arrive at these conclusions.

Thus, I'll have to interpret your non-response as meaning that you cannot justify your rant with any examples or evidence, which makes the assertions unmeritorious.

Last edited by MTAtech; 03-19-2012 at 09:22 AM..

Old 03-19-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I have the time cards.

Since I have made myself very informed of daily events, that's why I question your assertions -- which I consider baseless, as I can't find any facts that establish your conclusions -- that's why I asked what facts caused you to arrive at these conclusions.

Thus, I'll have to interpret your non-response as meaning that you cannot justify your rant with any examples or evidence, which makes the assertions unmeritorious.

The united church of satan is not a biblical church. The same is true with the church Jerimiah Wright infected obama's brain with. Do a little research and you will find out the truth.

Glen Beck ??? I can honestly say I have never ever listened to this personality.

If you wanted to bring a country to its knees and destroy it.. There are certain basic elementary steps to accomplish this.

Bankrupt that country through over spending. Keep everyone out of work through regulations.

Destroy the foundations that country is built upon (In God We Trust).

Initiate a gay military for the first time in over 200 years.

It is impossible to spend your way out of debt! That is a basic simple math!

If my teenager comes to me and wants to buy something they they don't have the money for. My advice will be. Borrow as much as you need / want to buy / purchase everything you want. That is the way to total financial disaster!!

But that concept is too far over your head to understand.

Obama is a pathological liar. Everything he says is the exact opposite of what he claims.

Jerimiah's Trinity church is black liberation theology which is a different perverted gospel that my bible CONDEMNS.. Galatians chapter one!

Obama is a foreign exchange student that released a forged birth certificate. He has to keep all his school records sealed to hide the TRUTH.

We have an undocumented usurper in the White House. Remember what Obama said.. "you will know me.. by the people I surround myself with.

Muslims. communists, marxists!!

I can write for hours about what this imposter is doing to destroy the greatness America once had. He apologizes to muslims because we burned some paper books. But when Christians in Egypt, syria, Kenya, are being killed , rapped, murdered, churches destroyed...........HE IS SILENT.

Obama claims he is a christian. but he also said when it comes down to a choice between the two he will side with muslims.

He ignores national prayer day. but celebrated muslim holidays in the white house with muslim guests.

YOu sir.(little child) are BLIND!!

Old 03-19-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
I can write for hours about what this imposter is doing to destroy the greatness America once had...yada, yada, yada.
The above post is the reality of modern American politics: a segment of voters lives in an alternative reality, fed fake facts by Fox and Rush — whom they listen to out of tribal affiliation -- and completely unaware that it’s all fiction.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:36 AM

338 posts, read 310,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Pointing out the fact that the poster in question will vote for Obama because he's black no matter how much of a failure he truly is is not playing the race card. It's pointing out fact. Thanks for posting. I enjoy laughing at you.
How quaint.

Unless calypoppy is on record stating that she/he will vote for Obama only (and only) because he is black, my reasoning still stands. If that is the case (it's possible, I didn't look up all of calypoppy's posts), I'll retract. Please provide such a quote, and I'll happily concede my fault.

Otherwise, it's pure insinuation and wild assumptions on your part, and that, dear sir, belongs in the region of "playing the race card".

But I'm happy for you that you can take solace and merriment from these boards. I hope you'll continue to do so, as it is said to be good for one's health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies