Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 06:23 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times

Advertisements

Obama has been lying about our oil reserves in order to promote his "green energy" and pander to the radical environmentalists.

Here is the truth. I have actually read of this theory a couple of years ago. Turns out, it is not a new theory, either. This makes much more sense than the "fossil fuel" theory.

Articles: What If Oil and Natural Gas Are Renewable Resources?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 06:30 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Funny, Repubs are so used to their "Leaders" lying to them, they think all Leaders do that.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:37 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,330,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Funny, Repubs are so used to their "Leaders" lying to them, they think all Leaders do that.
A healthy dose of skepticism is a good thing. At least we don't buy lines of "Hope 'N Change!!!!" hook, line, and sinker like millions of you trusting liberals types did in '08. Look where that got us.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:41 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,059,627 times
Wow, really? Has this writer suffered a psychotic break?

They have really gone off the deep end with this one. It's a take on the theory of abiotic oil, a theory that was invented by a crazy Russian scientist in the 1950's. On the last 60 years no one has been able to prove a lick of it is true. Not that WorldNutDaily author Jerome Corsi hasn't been trying to...by publishing books and articles about how much he likes it.

There is no scientific backing in this, and quite a lot of research disproving it. Belief in this is a sign of mentally illness not scientific savvy.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:48 AM

46,313 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
A healthy dose of skepticism is a good thing. At least we don't buy lines of "Hope 'N Change!!!!" hook, line, and sinker like millions of you trusting liberals types did in '08. Look where that got us.
Or, your insurance is going to drop 3000%.....or shovel ready jobs....

Old 03-18-2012, 06:52 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,330,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Haha, yea. That too! And don't forget the "Obama gonna pay my gas! Praise Obama!!!!"

Old 03-18-2012, 06:54 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Wow, really? Has this writer suffered a psychotic break?

They have really gone off the deep end with this one. It's a take on the theory of abiotic oil, a theory that was invented by a crazy Russian scientist in the 1950's. On the last 60 years no one has been able to prove a lick of it is true. Not that WorldNutDaily author Jerome Corsi hasn't been trying to...by publishing books and articles about how much he likes it.

There is no scientific backing in this, and quite a lot of research disproving it. Belief in this is a sign of mentally illness not scientific savvy.
You're entitled to believe whatever you want, but there is no scientific evidence to support that oil is from plant matter and dead dinosaurs, either. That theory is ridiculous, if you ask me.

I first read about this in an oil and gas industry news letter some years ago. I think it makes much more sense, and it would explain why they are pumping oil out of previously thought to be dry wells.

If you have some evidence that the Russian scientists back in the 40's were crazy, post a link. Otherwise you are just looking like the typical "oil is the energy of the past" foolish thinker.

Try putting a 787 in the air with something other than jet fuel.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:03 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,768 times
Careful, some liberals consider it blasphemy to call out their dear leader. They would rather everyone take a hint from the "news" media and just kiss his behind, play down any mistakes he may make or just ignore them all together. Liberal media might as well just say they want a dictatorship, given how they refuse to be watchdogs for the American people when it comes to Democrat leaders.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:07 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,059,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You're entitled to believe whatever you want, but there is no scientific evidence to support that oil is from plant matter and dead dinosaurs, either. That theory is ridiculous, if you ask me.
Well, except all the scientific evidence so far produced proves that it is. You say it doesn't make sense because...you can't understand it.

Not that you can disprove it, or challenge conventional thought, just that you didn't pay attention or do well in science classes enough to understand the basic concept. I know science is hard for some people. It doesn't mean things suddenly become false if it is not understood.

Quote:
I first read about this in an oil and gas industry news letter some years ago. I think it makes much more sense, and it would explain why they are pumping oil out of previously thought to be dry wells.
Well, what makes more sense is new extraction techniques. They have been investigating and using new ones for years.

If you would like to provide information on the wells you are thinking of then we could find out exactly why that was.

Quote:
If you have some evidence that the Russian scientists back in the 40's were crazy, post a link. Otherwise you are just looking like the typical "oil is the energy of the past" foolish thinker.
Well, I did in the link you quoted. You willfully ignored it. It was also a single scientist in the 1950's...not all in the 1940's.

From what you have shown of your abilities in understanding the printed word so far I don't find this shocking.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:15 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,412,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
...or, "If you like your health plan, you can keep it!"....by which he meant: If you like your health plan, shut up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies