Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 10:22 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
So you are demonizing the man that is giving his support to a family that just lost their son who
Quote:
was not given the benefit of due process of law?
Is there something wrong with what he is doing by getting involved? Please expalin because I cannot see it.
What leads you to believe he is not being given due process, would you rather just string Zimmerman up?

Old 03-22-2012, 10:22 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Not much he can do for his mom at this point anyway, is there?

I guess you will not be taking any time off for the death of anyone in your family. I am sure they will appreciate you keeping a stiff upper lip and trotting along.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:26 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
So you are demonizing the man that is giving his support to a family that just lost their son who was not given the benefit of due process of law? Is there something wrong with what he is doing by getting involved? Please expalin because I cannot see it.
Are you in a position to deem that "due process of the law" was not granted?

More importantly, are you on the grand jury? Are you even an attorney?

What bothers me most about this case....almost more than the death itself.....is the number of people who willfully and eagerly engage of the public lynching of George Zimmerman without the slightest regard for the actual process of due diligence.

You want him arrested, fine. But shouldn't he be arrested in accordance with the law and the Constitution?

Of course he should. That's where you folks get it all wrong.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:27 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Actually I didn't call Zimmerman anything. So, until you can prove that I did, kick rocks.
Why would you even mention the fact about a "scared racist" with a gun???

So...let me get this right...

You want to discuss the merits of the case...You have made many digressions against your own merit in all 3 threads on this matter...

When somebody calls you out on your BS and asks you to stand behind your statements...you say "Can we get back to the merits of this case?"

You said "Only thing worse than a racist with a gun is a SCARED racist with a gun"....

Now, if you weren't talking about Zimmerman...Who were you talking about??

And... If indeed it WASN'T Zimmerman.... Is it safe to assume you totally derailed the thread with that comment and went against your own banter about doing exactly that????

This is just way too easy with you.....

Old 03-22-2012, 10:27 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Informers View Post
Why is "racism" so threatening to some people, is it still hard to believe racism exists? Trying to ignore it won't make it go away. Do you need to see some guys in white sheets with nooses for you to make a conclusion that something is racist or not? The overwhelming majority of the country knows this was nothing more than pure racism.

There is no law against being a "racist".

Old 03-22-2012, 10:30 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
So you are demonizing the man that is giving his support to a family that just lost their son who was not given the benefit of due process of law? Is there something wrong with what he is doing by getting involved? Please expalin because I cannot see it.
Nope. But did you wonder how CNN knew ahead of time he was doing it? If it was all about the boy, the media would have just seen him there and reported on it. But in this case, somebody had to make the announcement ahead of time that Sharpton was going. Who do you think announced it to the media?

Old 03-22-2012, 10:30 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
Quote:
Do you not know this guys history? You think he is involved because he deeply cares? This and is always about himself. That and look at the errors of his judgement in the past.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:31 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Al Sharpton to join protest over killing of unarmed Florida teen | WTVR.com

Does anyone actually think that Al Sharpton brings anything of value to any situation he is involved in?

If so, please explain.
Depending on how far he goes..I can see riots resulting from this.
I hope LE has spoken to him about his "tone".

Old 03-22-2012, 10:33 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
I don't care about Al at all, he is there probably to lend his method of support, and for the attnetion grabbing this is getting!

However at the end of the day, these parents, have a dead Son, and as a Parent, i would be devestated by the way it happened also. I do feel sorry for the parents and their loss of such a young song.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:35 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
sharpton supports civil rights,
unlike some people out here
who surely lack understanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies