Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 06:49 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,303,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
Remember this ocurred in a gated community.
So it may have been 'thug posturing'.
That said, Zimmerman did get his nose and face busted in a bit...plenty of reason to draw. Of course, you can argue that Zimmerman created the the situation by getting out of his car and knowing he was a puff-boy, would obviously resort to his gun if it turned physical.

But really- if you see a 6'3'' ripped guy with a 6-pack,Tupac do-rag on (embellishing here) smoking a foot long joint with a glass pipe behind his ear- of course you get out of your car and don't wait for the cops (who you're currently talking to- to show up).
LOL! At 6'3" and 140 pounds, he'd be ripped like a drinking straw. At that age, I was 5'4" and 127 pounds, and I had a 24" waist.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:51 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,458,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
You can blme that on me, although laziness has nothing to do with it. Many news reports state that the boy was visiting the father at his home. OK the boy was visiting his father at his father's girlfriend's home. What is significant is that the boy wsa there legitimately. And even if he wasn't, shooting him was not ok.

What stopped Mr Self-Appointed Cop from rolling down his car window and saying "Excuse me young man, I don't believe I've seen you around here before. Mind if I ask where you're headed?"
Who says something similar was not said? His own mom says Treyvon is capable of mouthing off if he felt threatened. The Black community does not teach respect to their kids. I've seen Black kids talk to adults any which way. For a kid raised by Africans I was shocked when I first was exposed to this behavior in junior high.

1,569 posts, read 2,047,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
You can blme that on me, although laziness has nothing to do with it. Many news reports state that the boy was visiting the father at his home. OK the boy was visiting his father at his father's girlfriend's home. What is significant is that the boy wsa there legitimately. And even if he wasn't, shooting him was not ok.

What stopped Mr Self-Appointed Cop from rolling down his car window and saying "Excuse me young man, I don't believe I've seen you around here before. Mind if I ask where you're headed?"
Maybe it was - only two people really know what happened, and one of them is dead. It will be up to investigators to ascertain the best they can what happened.

It's possible the kid did become combative, who knows. I'm inclined to believe that the neighborhood watch captain was really looking forward to an opportunity to use his gun, and probably is guilty of murder - but the evidence we have at this time doesn't allow for a conclusion either way.

11,078 posts, read 15,106,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I sincerely expect that any day now Beck will lose what little is left of his mind and we will be reading an article with headlines featuring Mr. Beck carrying out an illegal act in a fit of paranoia.
I even have a bet riding on that with a buddy that listens to him..We have set the day before the Mayan calender ends as the cutoff date...midnight of course.......double or nothing they find a lot of young boys tied up in Rush's basement one day as a side bet too.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
Maybe it was - only two people really know what happened, and one of them is dead. It will be up to investigators to ascertain the best they can what happened.

It's possible the kid did become combative, who knows. I'm inclined to believe that the neighborhood watch captain was really looking forward to an opportunity to use his gun, and probably is guilty of murder - but the evidence we have at this time doesn't allow for a conclusion either way.
The problem with this line of thinking is Zimmerman has been previously instrumental in capturing black burglary suspects. So what did he have to prove? Presumably he's always had a gun and carried it around with him.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:53 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,401,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
They'd rather yell and scream and blame everyone under the sun than fix their rotting communities. I guess fixing their communities would actually require hard work.
Wow.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:55 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,923,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Houston we have a problem...

Martin's mother states on Anderson Cooper that she knows the voice on the 911 tape calling for help was her son.

Witnesses (backed up by the 911 tapes) clear demonstrate that the calls for help occurred prior to the sound of a gunshot.

This is evidence not half-baked apologist supposition.

How does one claim that they feared for their life when the so-called attacker is screaming for help?

Trayvon Martin’s Parents and Eyewitnesses Discuss Case on ‘Anderson’ (Video) : Sandra Rose
I'm assuming..under the best case scenario for a Zimmerman defense that he was calling for help as HE was gettin his @ss whipped by Martin, however, the scenario of Martin screaming for help while he was getting pursued by a gun is, obviously, much more probable.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:55 PM

6,456 posts, read 7,025,785 times
Quote:

Martin's mother states on Anderson Cooper that she knows the voice on the 911 tape calling for help was her son.

Witnesses (backed up by the 911 tapes) clear demonstrate that the calls for help occurred prior to the sound of a gunshot.

How does one claim that they feared for their life when the so-called attacker is screaming for help?

Trayvon Martin’s Parents and Eyewitnesses Discuss Case on ‘Anderson’ (Video) : Sandra Rose
Uh dullard. Zimmerman claims it was him too. He said this before the recordings came out. It's been rarely discussed or mentioned since early March.

I'm not saying that it wasn't Treyvon's--but I'm not saying that it was either. If you listen to the recording yourself, I don't know how anyone can absolutely, without a doubt say which of the two it was. I've listened to it 10 times myself, and still can't say for sure whether it's a boy's voice or a 28 year old grown man's.

Of course Treyvon's parents are going to say that it was their son's--they have a vested interest in saying that. But keep in mind that originally his father couldn't even tell. Now admist the uproar, and all the marching and media attention, they can all of a sudden identify it???

It's plausable that Tryevon was whooping him, while Zimmerman yelled for help--and then pulled it out and popped.

Again--nothing definite, but I would entertain the possibility that he either shot in "self defense" (for lack of a better term) despite putting himself in that situation OR Tryevon could have whopped him up attempted to leave, when Zimmerman pulled out and shot.

Again, we need more details, and facts to put this together. But I'm not buying the popular opinion that anything is definite at this point.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:56 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,401,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Who says something similar was not said? His own mom says Treyvon is capable of mouthing off if he felt threatened. The Black community does not teach respect to their kids. I've seen Black kids talk to adults any which way. For a kid raised by Africans I was shocked when I first was exposed to this behavior in junior high.
wait for it....yes the Superiority of Africa over good old American Blacks.

However, I'm sure any teenager of any color could come up with some choice words for a tool 2.5 in a car harassing them.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:

There is a report from the first day of the incident where a witness says this person yelling for help was Zimmerman. I'm inclined to side with the mother but at the same time she also has a motivation to be mistaken or even outright lie.

There needs to be independent verification of the person who is on the tape asking for help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies