Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2012, 01:46 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,954,988 times

Advertisements

Bristol who?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 01:51 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,877,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
If you don't want your kids to be poor and ignorant, do your job as a PARENT! Talk about being a lousy mom, you couldn't be more lousy than thinking it isn't your responsibility as a parent to make sure your children aren't poor and ignorant.
Where the hell did I say otherwise?

Palin held herself up as a model parent. It's perfectly fair to point out that many of her kids including Bristol are hardly the sort of kids most of us hope to raise. Like most Dems, I would be utterly horrified if my daughters turned up pregnant in high school, let alone so involved with a loser like Levi.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:48 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,243,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I guess you missed where he supported lil' abstinence only momma Palin in 2008.
Which can be read here: Obama says Palin's family off limits - CNN

Old 03-19-2012, 02:54 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,027,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Perhaps for equal treatment from someone sworn to represent all the people equally?

Nah. that's not Obama!
ONLY his supporters get equal treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Wouldn't the apology be from Maher to Sarah Palin?

What does president Obama or Bristol have to do with this?

Is this a lame deflection from Limbaugh's 3 day derogatory rant against a citizen practicing her 1st amendment rights?
Maybe, just maybe if you READ the piece, you might understand the issue.

WHAT did obama have to do with Rush and Fluke? Why did he inject himself into that "story"? Obviously, for political reasons.

Nothing, you say?

Well, WHY did he call to console fluke and NOT Bristol Palin, who was viciously attacked by one of his campaign contributors?

Old 03-19-2012, 02:54 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,358,636 times
I can't believe Bristol wrote this by herself

"Reprehensible"? There's no way she new what that meant.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:56 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,108,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I can't believe Bristol wrote this by herself

"Reprehensible"? There's no way she new what that meant.
+1

Old 03-19-2012, 02:58 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,111,207 times
If she ever expected a call, it should have been back in 2008 when all of that was happening.

Quote:
Obama to Media, Politicos on Palin Pregnancy Story: ‘Back Off!’

At a brief press availability in Monroe, Mich., ABC News asked Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., if he had any response to Gov. Sarah Palin’s statement that her unmarried 17-year-old daughter Bristol is pregnant.

"Let me be a clear as possible: I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people’s families are off limits," Obama said, "and people’s children are especially off limits.

"This shouldn’t be part of our politics," he continued, "It has no relevance to Gov. Palin’s performance as governor, or her potential performance as a vice president.

"And so I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories," he said. "You know my mother had me when she was 18, and how a family deals with issues and, you know, teenage children, that shouldn’t be the topic of our politics and I hope that anybody who is supporting me understands that’s off limits."
More at the link.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:58 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,027,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why doesn't Bristol Palin settle herself in here in Arizona and look for a job....and stop trying to insert herself into the political scene. If she found attacks on her to be so traumatic, then she should STHU and get on with her life.
Well, shouldn't obama be calling her to "console" for being attacking by a $1 million dollar contributor to his campaign?

Why does he call fluke, but not Palin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I don't condone any woman at all being called a sl*t for any reason. I don't think any woman should be shamed for having sex. I don't care if you're Bristol Palin or Heidi Fleiss.

I do think however that Bristol Palin's (and her parent's) hypocritical and very public stance on premarital sex (which I don't give a fig about, IMO it's nobody's business whether a person doesn't want to get married before they boink) is open to whatever criticism it warrants.
This issue has nothing at all to do with that. The issue is the president, calling a 30 year old plant liberal activist that was called a "sl*t" to console her, talking about his daughters and how he wants to make sure they can voice their opinions without being attacked......yet, he accepts and refuses to return $1 million dollars from the most vile, misogynistic Leftist who attacked Palin. Not a word from this president...WHY NOT?

Old 03-19-2012, 03:00 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,358,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, shouldn't obama be calling her to "console" for being attacking by a $1 million dollar contributor to his campaign?

Why does he call fluke, but not Palin?
Because Palin is a Palin...

Old 03-19-2012, 03:00 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,383,498 times
Please folks.

In Spring of 2011, Bristol Palin was doing the talk show circuit plugging her book. You know the one where she does the "woe me, I'm a po' po' single mother" book? I have to hand it to her for figuring out how to get rich off of being America's most famous unwed mother. But when she goes on national TV and does the 'do as I say not as I do' and cries boohoo over how her virginity was "stolen" from her, after her stint on Dancing with the Stars, modeling for Harpers Bazaar, being on Ellen Degeneres, the implied protection given to the child of a prominent politician no longer applies. She worked her little tush off to become a celebrity based on - getting drunk and knocked up and with that she becomes a public persona. Maher pounced on her hypocrisy in June 2011.

Different rules for little girls who keep elbowing their way into the spotlight, sweetie. Put on your big girl panties and suck it up. And keep making money telling girls how important it is not to let their boyfriends in their pants ok?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies