Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 03:04 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,087,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Yes, we now live in the paranoid post 9-11 world that Bush envisioned when he and Cheney allowed 9-11 to go down. He got to play 'war-president' and blow up Iraq. Aren't we all a lot safer now, after spending a trillion and bankrupting our country? Cheney wouldn't even shoot down the plane (scud?) that his transportation secretary was telling him was going to hit the Pentagon. Oh well, at least Silverstein made 4.56 billion after he leased a nearly worthless building 7 and over insured it, when Mossad detonates it - we all feel good about that don't we?
Wasting your brain power trying to explain freedom to these sissygirls...let them sleep with the light on and cower in fear as they always have...the RWNJs have always played on the boogieman to their base and it works everytime.

We had the intel that something like this was going to happen,but GDumbya chose to ignore it and this intel wasn't because some horse's ass with TSA was fondling some 3 yo kid in a wheelchair either.

The White House had (at least ) 28 Advanced Intelligence Warnings Prior to 9/11* Compiled by Eric Smith

Former antiterror adviser says Bush ignored 9/11 warnings - CNN

September 11 attacks advance-knowledge debate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 03:25 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,225,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Yep...more of GDumbya's leftover BS we have to deal with.....big Gov't Repubs in action for ya
Patently ignorant statement.

Senate Bill 1447 (the entire basis for TSA) was sponsored by Democrat Senator Hollings and co-sponsor by 30 other senators,.....21 of which were DEMOCRATS. Only 7 Republicans co-sponsored the bill.

Nine republicans out of a total of 31 really doesn't reek of " big Gov't Repubs in action",..... now does it? Seems that the bill was introduced ten days after the 9/11 attacks, got unanimous support in the Senate and only a handful of "no votes" in the House.

Can you say DEMOCRAT KNEE-JERK REACTION???

Old 03-19-2012, 03:30 PM

186 posts, read 263,508 times
I have a feeling this will fall to a side war, but before that, how about the parents fault.

Parents should prepare their kids for the pat down just like they do for going to a doctor and getting a shot.

We told my grand niece they were the sky police and she had to be patted down. We told her she was a big girl and could do it by herself. We made fun of it and her mom went first so she could see. But we were talking about it constantly for the week ahead of time. Was she going to see the Sky Police. It became such a non issue.

Maybe make up your own stories or provide a little toy or Wings, or something for being a big girl/boy.

No it is not fun, not even for me wants badly to go in there, insist on a guy and pull a Harry met Sally. But why let a little kid be afraid when there are things you CAN do to help them.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:40 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,865,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
What an ingenious remark; and if that was so true the most liberal radical leftist Obama who followed him would have gotten rid of all this instead of expanding it, right?

Any blame Bush answers to that one?

They are both at fault.. Bush for starting it and Obama for continuing it... I have no problem calling it on both. Obama should have killed off the Patriot Act, NDAA ( McCains baby) should have never seen the light of day.

Some ugly legislation, and a hideous operation (HSA/TSA) I want to see the end to all of these.... That said ... Do you really think Romney or Santorum will do it?

If repugs are actually upset about this then they should be falling in line for Ron Paul... yet few seem to be doing so... Conclusion - they love the eradication of the Constitution and large big brother/nazi organizations.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:44 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
Don't want to be frisk like others then don't fly. That si aprt of teh safety procedures.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:54 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
With all due respect, wise up.

Those wheelchairs are exactly where stuff can get into a plane. We are at wa with Radical Islam which wants us all dead. There is no debating with wanting us dead, so we take precautions.

We no longer live in a pre-9-11 world.
With all due respect, I must quote Benjamin Franklin now: "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

I'm fine with taking precautions, but things have gotten out of hand at the airport... I just got back from a cross-country flight yesterday, and really didn't appreciate being treated like a criminal on each leg of it. Radical Islam (and radicals from other groups) has wanted us dead for centuries, so I'm not buying that excuse either. For goodness sakes, I flew to ISRAEL during the Gulf War in 1992, and wasn't subjected to this level of "security!"

Old 03-19-2012, 06:58 PM

117 posts, read 160,577 times
Where was the harassment?

Old 03-19-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Don't want to be frisk like others then don't fly. That si aprt of teh safety procedures.
Cell phone posting much?

But seriously, see my post above... and would you be okay with the same rules enforced on entering ANY public building, telling people "if you don't like it don't go there?" What if you're military being deployed overseas? They don't exactly have a choice in terms of flying, nor do many people who need to conduct business (whether personal or professional) somewhere that isn't within driving distance. Guess I should have skipped my grandmother's 95th birthday last weekend, since driving to Boston wasn't exactly a viable option.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismyspameamil View Post
Where was the harassment?
Harassment might be the wrong word, but a 3 year-old was frightened unnecessarily - and his parents weren't even allowed to comfort him.

I used to fly occasionally with my mother's one-legged friend, and they always made him take off the (titanium) leg to pass through security... usually they'd get him a wheelchair to go through, but the one time they refused his response was "well, then you'd better watch out for the 300lb man who's about to come catapulting through the gate!" That was pre-911, so I can only imagine what they'd do with him today.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:04 PM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
Watch the latest "Southpark" for their skewering of the TSA. How they completely captured the mentality of the TSA and personified them so accurately was simply amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies