Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 08:36 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,639,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Just wondering why minority violence is excused due to "historic enslavement and oppression", while Jews, who have been subjected to some of the worst treatment imaginable, don't exhibit the same behaviors.
Well, I'm a Jew so I know what you're talking about. Minority violence and ghetto conditions have many different reasons, not just one and only historic oppression. Everything from welfare programs to rise of feminism and losing the family fabric to drugs, etc. Jews always had strong family bonds, and that's the main thing when it comes to whether a person grows up to be a criminal or not. Upbringing.
Poverty is a huge factor of course, but not all poor people are criminals so it's still number two after upbringing.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:36 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,798,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Interesting because Blacks kill far more Whites than vice versa yet we don't witness the scenes you describe today.
That's a crock and a half. DOJ statistics show significant drops in black on black violence, and even white male on white male violence, but white males are the #1 killers of white women and white males.

White women trying to keep the peace & uphold their communities take the full brunt of ALL of this BS. Not the white women who own the cat houses or the white women like creme brulle playing puppet master from afar. They suffer nothing, but perhaps it's high time they (along with yourself) did.

Enough with your lying. It's sickening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Who is We? You've made several comments in this thread that continues to distance yourself from a Race that you've claimed you are, but you rail against. Either your Black or your not.
Same kind of guy who'd get a job through affirmative action then rush to slam the door shut behind him & cut the ladder rungs off so no one else threatens his cushy perch. That's not how upward mobility and achievement really happens within a solid community, but it's what nouveau riche have seen fit to do at the expense of all others.

They don't see the wisdom behind old money (or Berkshire Hathaway) paying it forward encouraging people to reinvest in their own communities no matter how humble the effort or modest the project. Everyone can do something. That's the kind of environment I was raised in on a dirt road on Long Island within spitting distances of the famed Gold Coast. There was no contempt for class going on by anyone in those days. I haven't an ounce of envy, much as the envious greedy ones have regularly accused. They're confessing about their own cultures, not mine.

That's why Northern cultures had a chance to thrive and southern/ western cultures did not. The class distinctions got put aside in a united front to service the greater good we understood was worthy to uphold. It didn't matter Jew, Episcopalian, Catholic, or Lutheran. I don't fear wealthy people the way I've seen southerners fear them. Someone from the south care to explain that phenomena? Hint: review of history of Matewan & crooked right to work politicians offering a century of poverty statistics for McDowell county WV. It didn't matter who got elected in McDowell county when only the candidate kissing King Coals ring is allowed to sit in a chair & elements within the Sheriff's department work for shiners/ drug dealers with the blessings of King Coal.

I challenge Smiley & West to witness some of the most beaten down white folks they'll ever see in their lives and know once and for all it wasn't just black folks being abused in this never ending reign of terror promulgated by the lily white movement.

Quote:
I love how Black Americans brush aside facts. So how do you explain PG's enrollment decline when everyone other jurisdiction in the region is either holding steady or is up?
How is it that you aren't vomitting from all these lies you're telling yourself? When NRA blocked DC from prohibiting weapons they're forcing pacifists in a position to compete with predators for the privilege of breathing. NRA prefers to see more Columbines happening.

Their conduct and THEIR histrionic extremes haven't one thing to do with the promotion/ defense of the true meaning of 2nd amendment. They're peddling paranoia and inciting riots to sell armaments surely as our military industrial complex has gotten completely out of hand. Some strategically installed police officials are advocating that everyone be mandated to carry fire arms. They're abdicating their own authority as adults in leadership roles surely as you yourself have been habituated by bogus conservative mantras.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:37 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,441,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
My guessing is that he is hiding out of state and may have left the country since he knows the odds of him not going to jail are starting to diminsh. As a Hispanic Jewish guy he has lots of countries that won't extradite him.
One radio show said he was hiding out in Israel. If I was him that's where I'd be.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:38 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,441,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
That's a crock and a half. DOJ statistics show significant drops in black on black violence, and even white male on white male violence, but white males are the #1 killers of white women and white males.

White women trying to keep the peace & uphold their communities take the full brunt of ALL of this BS. Not the white women who own the cat houses or the white women like creme brulle playing puppet master from afar. They suffer nothing, but perhaps it's high time they (along with yourself) did.

Enough with your lying. It's sickening.

Same kind of guy who'd get a job through affirmative action then rush to slam the door shut behind him & cut the ladder rungs off so no one else threatens his cushy perch. That's not how upward mobility and achievement really happens within a solid community, but it's what nouveau riche have seen fit to do at the expense of all others.

They don't see the wisdom behind old money (or Berkshire Hathaway) paying it forward encouraging people to reinvest in their own communities no matter how humble the effort or modest the project. Everyone can do something. That's the kind of environment I was raised in on a dirt road on Long Island within spitting distances of the famed Gold Coast. There was no contempt for class going on by anyone in those days. I haven't an ounce of envy, much as the envious greedy ones have regularly accused. They're confessing about their own cultures, not mine.

That's why Northern cultures had a chance to thrive and southern/ western cultures did not. The class distinctions got put aside in a united front to service the greater good we understood was worthy to uphold. It didn't matter Jew, Episcopalian, Catholic, or Lutheran. I don't fear wealthy people the way I've seen southerners fear them. Someone from the south care to explain that phenomena? Hint: review of history of Matewan & crooked right to work politicians offering a century of poverty statistics for McDowell county WV. It didn't matter who got elected in McDowell county when only the candidate kissing King Coals ring is allowed to sit in a chair & elements within the Sheriff's department work for shiners/ drug dealers with the blessings of King Coal.

I challenge Smiley & West to witness some of the most beaten down white folks they'll ever see in their lives and know once and for all it wasn't just black folks being abused in this never ending reign of terror promulgated by the lily white movement.

How is it that you aren't vomitting from all these lies you're telling yourself? When NRA blocked DC from prohibiting weapons they're forcing pacifists in a position to compete with predators for the privilege of breathing. NRA prefers to see more Columbines happening.

Their conduct and THEIR histrionic extremes haven't one thing to do with the promotion/ defense of the true meaning of 2nd amendment. They're peddling paranoia and inciting riots to sell armaments surely as our military industrial complex has gotten completely out of hand. Some strategically installed police officials are advocating that everyone be mandated to carry fire arms. They're abdicating their own authority as adults in leadership roles surely as you yourself have been habituated by bogus conservative mantras.
You're too funny.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:40 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,096,778 times
With the amount of posts in this thread,you can tell this incident has struck a nerve.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:40 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,099,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
oy vey.

There is no point in giving you a truthful answer to this because you already have you mind made up.
I'm actually open to other perspectives. I try to espouse the truth, but if what I state is false, I will hold myself accountable and entertain differing opinions.

Did I state any falsehoods? Or do you just not have an intelligent rebuttal?

Old 03-21-2012, 08:42 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,141,097 times
Quote:
One radio show said he was hiding out in Israel. If I was him that's where I'd be.
That is what I heard here today too. They said that, if he is in fact a Jew, he is an automatic citizen of Israel and they will not extradite him.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:43 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,099,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
Well, I'm a Jew so I know what you're talking about. Minority violence and ghetto conditions have many different reasons, not just one and only historic oppression. Everything from welfare programs to rise of feminism and losing the family fabric to drugs, etc. Jews always had strong family bonds, and that's the main thing when it comes to whether a person grows up to be a criminal or not. Upbringing.
I totally agree with you.

The issue I have with this mentality is that "slavery", "oppression", and "white privilege" are used as crutches in the Black community. This mentality is reinforced by well-intentioned liberals who seek to explain their behavior.

Many Vietnamese, Korean, African, Russian, etc. immigrants have experienced conditions that most Americans of any race have never faced. They DO NOT use this as an excuse or a crutch for deviant behavior.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:43 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,480,307 times
Quote:
I would think Blacks of all people don't want to go to the days when the community could call for their special brand of justice. You and your ilk are treading on dangerous waters be careful.
Um edward you are my ilk. I was recanting what actually happened. The community called for the guys arrest and they got it two days later. What does this have to do with black people?

Old 03-21-2012, 08:49 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,798,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I can imagine that both young men were afraid of each other, and both were indignant. Mr Martin had ample reason to be afraid, a larger, older man was following him and, I imagine, Mr Martin may have felt like he was being harassed when he had done nothing wrong. Mr Zimmerman had reason to be afraid, too. He didn't know Mr Martin, didn't know why Mr Martin was there, didn't know if Mr Martin was a member of a gang, didn't know if Mr Martin was meeting up with other young men, didn't know if Mr Martin was armed. It's easy in hindsight to say that Mr Zimmerman, given all he didn't know, should have let the police handle the situation.
DC there's a point you've missed that intrinsically points to Zimmerman's inexcusable guilt. If Zimmerman were factually fearful of anything AT ALL he would not have escalated the situation the way he did being 10+ yrs his senior, armed & dangerous. There is no defense, which makes a joke of the entire Sanford PD. HE was the adult and HE was the aggressor. PERIOD.

Most people do not understand the rules of engagement even when dealing with legitimate confrontations from LE. I suggest you all learn them before insane laws like these show up in your town USA entirely uninformed about how it will play out in boots on the ground reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies