Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 02:37 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,170,815 times

Advertisements

The shooter, crime watch volunteer George Zimmerman, said he felt threatened by Martin. If you feel threatened by a kid who is running away from you, you have a pretty low threshold for feeling threatened.
Randi Rhodes

Old 03-20-2012, 02:39 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,923,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
If he put him on the ground and shot him execution style while yelling slurs it would not be enough evidence for some.
I would say that's pretty cut and dry....Don't know about anybody else...Something tells me you wish it was this loaded though....

Quote:
Just admit that you want this guy to go free because you feel Trayvon deserved it for being black.
Did you grow up in the 30's??

All joking aside, do you take yourself seriously?

Old 03-20-2012, 02:43 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,544,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I would say that's pretty cut and dry....Don't know about anybody else...Something tells me you wish it was this loaded though....

Did you grow up in the 30's??

All joking aside, do you take yourself seriously?
Do you ever go back and read your post. Its obvious you don't care for black America. Then you come rushing to the defense of a murderer. How can you even begin to think about a kid just walking and ending up dead is somehow fair unless you have feelings about people like Trayvon. Stop playing games. I'm sick of it.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:45 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,166,912 times
George Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose and back of the head according to police reports. At a minimum, it sounds like a pretty big scuffle.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:46 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,478,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Do you ever go back and read your post. Its obvious you don't care for black America. Then you come rushing to the defense of a murderer. How can you even begin to think about a kid just walking and ending up dead is somehow fair unless you have feelings about people like Trayvon. Stop playing games. I'm sick of it.
Yeah, I'm sure you're so upset about it. This is nothing but a catalyst to get you up onto your soapbox to start preaching your hatred and racism. What do you think about all the innocent people (blacks) that get gunned down by black gang members for absolutely no other reason than to be cool?

Old 03-20-2012, 02:47 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,455,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
George Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose and back of the head according to police reports. At a minimum, it sounds like a pretty big scuffle.
Hmm interesting I haven't heard this the shouters are making it seem like this kid was shot down while walking for Skittles.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:48 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,784,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yeah, I'm sure you're so upset about it. This is nothing but a catalyst to get you up onto your soapbox to start preaching your hatred and racism. What do you think about all the innocent people (blacks) that get gunned down by black gang members for absolutely no other reason than to be cool?
That has nothing to do with this thread. Stay on topic.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Take a look at this! This guy better get at least life!

Joe Madison uncovers racial slur in Florida shooting
LOL Joe Madison is a trip listened to him this morning. He didn't hear anything.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Huh?

If Trayvon Martin was a white kid that got shot in his father's Gated Community by a mostly white (Zimmerman's dad is white and his mother is "latino" (which basically means a combination of Spanish(white) and indigenous blood)) neighborhood watch self appointed "captain", there would be a sh*t storm just like it is now. But for different reasons of course. They would probably focus on the "law" of the state with its ccw and no back down doctrines. Still, a sh*t storm nonetheless.

Now it gets interesting from this point. What do the police do? 17 year old white boy that wieghs about a buck fifty endangering a 250 pound 28 year old armed with a gun claiming self defense. I guess my bias would be showing if I assume that the man would at least get arrested. Also the phone records of him talking to his girlfriend right up to the point when Zimmerman attacks him? Not looking good for Zimmerman while he's in jail.

So basically, your premise is completely incorrect because it can't be a cold case since the shooter is known. Sheesh.

Also, even if we look at your premise about a "white kid getting robbed and shot" and no one solving it, don't you think the same could be same for the numerous cases of black kids getting "robbed and shot." Here's a little exercise for you. See how many "black kid robbed and shot, no suspect found" national stories there have been in the past 6 months. Then do the same for "white kid robbed and shot, no suspect found" national stories for the past 6 months.
Anytime you start an argument with "if" it's a weak one. A white kid would most likely not get gunned down because he would not be profiled in the 1st place. He wouldn't be profiled because white kids had not previously been robbing people's homes in Zimmerman's development.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Too bad - just like you make generalizations others do as well. Who cares anyway? I have had many foreign black people befriend me and some that wanted to date me. Most of them seemed capable of judging people as individuals, unlike yourself. If someone looks at me and sees a thug or welfare queen without knowing me, I woudn't want to associate with them anyway. I don't keep company with ignorant, closed-minded racists or self-loathing black folks. Seriously, do you think that having a Ghanian accent is going to keep you or your children from being racially profiled? In this case, do you think it would have kept Trayvon Martin from being killed? No matter how much you go out of your way to disassociate yourself from black people, to the racist, you're still a ******.
I have no Ghanaian accent, I was born here. Carry on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies